Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mississippi ban transgender women from sports

Eldorado

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I haven't read every single thread here on UM. I haven't read every post in the threads I do read. So it's altogether possible I'm missing something that was explicitly transphobic. If you see something hateful, please use the Report function, as Forum Rule 3a says some very clear things about racism and hatred ("towards any race, religion, country, gender, individual or group" is the exact wording of the rule). If something is against the forum rules, then it should be removed. If the comments you are referring to aren't being removed, then either it isn't phobic, or you are arguing that UM implicitly supports transphobia (or you didn't Report it and no moderator saw it, in which case we apologise - in a forum this size and a mod team as small as this, sometimes a Report from a member is the only way the mods learn about an incident).

It's not my job to moderate.

It's all in this thread.

Have a good look at DCs example where he went and re-read the information pertaining to Lia Thomas. 

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

It's fair to say this individual member has an interest in trans issues far beyond what most other members have, you might even call it an "obsession". But having a greater interest in a topic doesn't make them "phobic", it just means it's something they consider important. You can disagree with someone without being "phobic" of them! 

I suggest you read his actual posts and links, take note of the individuals he parades as well.

I doubt reasonable people would disagree with the description. 

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

That sounds like an excellent system overall, but 17/18 is a little late to have the safe sex talk don't ya think? At 16 my best friend said she thought she was the only virgin left in school. I still was, but she thought because I had a steady boyfriend I already had. After that I started asking questions of our classmates and my friend was not wrong by much.

We tend to be a wee bit prudish about sex, and don’t believe that anyone with functioning hormones and appendages, under the influence of those hormones engage those appendages under the legal age of consent (despite the fact that legally 16 is consensual with 16). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Good old Gerald.

I give him a handout every month. I get some neat drawings back.

I got asked to leave the Gerald van once. I was supervising my class but made the mistake of sitting with my friend and the resident snark Queen. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I got asked to leave the Gerald van once. I was supervising my class but made the mistake of sitting with my friend and the resident snark Queen. 

LOL

Bro, your the only person that's ever been kicked out of Gerald's van I'd say.... :lol:

I've not met any of them. I'm just a contributor. Have been since my kids were in about grade 5.

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's not my job to moderate.

It's all in this thread.

Have a good look at DCs example where he went and re-read the information pertaining to Lia Thomas. 

I suggest you read his actual posts and links, take note of the individuals he parades as well.

I doubt reasonable people would disagree with the description. 

If you aren't going to click "Report", you don't really have a recourse to complain that his comments are unmoderated!

If you do click Report, and his comments remain unmoderated, perhaps it's you who has an unreasonable definition of "hate" or "phobia". If you do click Report, I will not make a decision on his actions, which means that  it would be another moderator who decides whether the comment is transphobic or not. But until then, I can only repeat that I have not seen anything from Tiny Ron that breaks the forum rules in this regard. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

If you aren't going to click "Report", you don't really have a recourse to complain that his comments are unmoderated!

I'm still not a moderator.

That's your job. 

49 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

If you do click Report, and his comments remain unmoderated, perhaps it's you who has an unreasonable definition of "hate" or "phobia". If you do click Report, I will not make a decision on his actions, which means that  it would be another moderator who decides whether the comment is transphobic or not. But until then, I can only repeat that I have not seen anything from Tiny Ron that breaks the forum rules in this regard. 

Well I've seen Saru comment and shut down at least one of his bigot threads straight up. I'm more than satisfied with that. 

I would not bother to report his posts to you because that would be pointless. You like to give right wingers a free run and the benefit of the doubt. 

Why do you make every thread about you? 

• The topic was locked