Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mississippi ban transgender women from sports

Eldorado

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

You keep using the word 'hate'

8ea4715aaa878adb70df3c95611631a5--princess-bride-quotes-the-princess-bride.jpg.201535d23a62c45580e4abe11f42f309.jpg

To point out the bleeding obvious & not go along with the fiction does not constitute hate. And to conflate disbelief of this fiction with 'hate' is purposefully misleading.

I do not believe Jesus fed thousands of people with 5 fishes & 2 loaves of bread, presumably that makes you think I hate all christians.....nope.

Stop pretending that just because somebody doesn't go along with somebody elses belief system they automatically 'hate' them. It's just another trick to sway the opinions of others & muddy the waters.

ps. There are obvious consequences to physical men taking part in female sports or being allowed into female prisons or female hospital wards.....that you don't want to acknowledge those consequences is your choice, but those consequences are still there whether you like it or not.

Nah, I know what it means, your being a Midge.

What of those who say it's fair to have a performance enhancing substance because of social standing? Identify as female or not, testosterone is exactly that.

Where are your links to their worst moments? How about how they came to this decision? Shouldn't that be where the questions are? 

Lia has taken advantage of a loophole. Not the first person to do that. It's the people who opened it are whom should be questioned. Exposing people exploiting it isn't addressing the obvious.

Or do you disagree?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

What of those who say it's fair to have a performance enhancing substance because of social standing? Identify as female or not, testosterone is exactly that.

Where are your links to their worst moments? How about how they came to this decision? Shouldn't that be where the questions are? 

Lia has taken advantage of a loophole. Not the first person to do that. It's the people who opened it are whom should be questioned. Exposing people exploiting it isn't addressing the obvious.

Or do you disagree?

https://transcrimeuk.com/

https://transcrimeuk.com/2022/02/17/laura-miller/

https://transcrimeuk.com/2022/02/06/joshua-lily-bate/

https://transcrimeuk.com/2022/01/12/lewis-louise-foord/

https://transcrimeuk.com/2021/12/28/robert-rebecca-ormrod/

https://transcrimeuk.com/2021/12/23/john-claire-goodier/

https://transcrimeuk.com/2021/12/11/patrick-laura-mccann/

https://transcrimeuk.com/2021/05/19/allan-jessica-brennan/

etc, etc, etc, ........

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yep, trans folks can be just violent and sadistic as anyone else.   They are people.    

Biological males should not compete against biological females in sports.  An exception would be if a biological female was so good that she wanted to try her hand against the males and the males agreed to it.  

• Like 6

Or do you disagree?

Really? I've never heard anyone say that.

p.s. What's a 'midge'?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Or do you disagree?

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOM9J_ZIrYtiMagVRr_jhagMR-XP59TBsJFLwNlcS13iIUT4ovqKRN9zttevr0PmA?pli=1&key=NmJuV1AyRnVSU3dOS2VObVhLSm1uNUkxRjRBSk9R

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Yep, trans folks can be just violent and sadistic as anyone else.   They are people.    

Biological males should not compete against biological females in sports.  An exception would be if a biological female was so good that she wanted to try her hand against the males and the males agreed to it.  

Katie Ledecki can’t get a male competitor to train with her for love nor money, on account of them all feeling “emasculated” when she beats them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You don't need to fear monger. Men already have a bad enough reputation as it is. Don't you know as a man you are a potentially violent/rapist/pedophile/narcissistic/ murderers?

I'd say there is a lot of trans women who aren't the stereotype the more bigoted posters often portray them as. I don't think we should be promoting hate towards anyone. Just like men who really hate the few that ruin it for everyone, we should consider other communities the same courtesy. Putting oneself in another's shoes figuratively speaking. Not high heels. 

This incident has caused Mississippi to make a law about it. Perhaps someone might finally grow a set and actually address the issue.

Testosterone is a chemical. It's advantageous to greater bone and muscle mass. It's clearly where athletes like Lia gain a tremendous advantage.

Other performance enhancing substances are illegal. 

There's a sensible argument here to consider testosterone 'natural doping'. It's an identifiable unfair advantage. 

That this has made headlines might hopefully highlight that fact. But hysterical finger pointing isn't helping that process. There's no need to hate, but I'm sure enough agree that these scales need adjusting. There's feelings, and then there's hard evidence. IMHO, testosterone is hard evidence that 'natural doping' not only occurs but needs to be accounted for in sports to be truly fair. 

I get that you don't like it. You're not alone. Just don't be a Midge about it. Rather than attack trans women, the people who make the rules are who need to be addressed. One state has taken this into their own hands. If they didn't have good reason it would have to be reversed and the law would not have passed. I assume they put forth a fair and sensible argument. If others follow suit, perhaps the national board responsible, and the Olympic committee as well could make natural doping as illegal as taking a performance enhancing drug. After all, that's the real issue here. Sport should be fair. Performance enhancing substances change that.

Hey Psyche, 

I wanted to address this post for one very key reason, we have had arguments in the past about the importance of freedom of speech (and I'm sure we'll have that argument again). There are some people who would consider your statement here to be transphobic and ban you from the internet for holding that belief. I don't, but there are many that would. I belonged to a Facebook page until about three days ago dedicated to Intersectional Feminism. I never commented in the group, I was a lurker and I occasionally clicked like on posts, otherwise I used that page just to keep tabs on what the far left is saying about topics. About three days ago someone posted about Lia Thomas and how they fully 100% supported trans women competing against biological women. Another woman, a long time contributor to the page that I had seen passionately standing up for feminist ideals many times, she wrote something virtually identical to what you wrote. I clicked "Like" on that post, because they made a lot of sense. Then I read the comments, and two posts later one of the mods had written "this person has been removed from the group for hate speech". One minute later, I'd finished reading the comments and I clicked the back button to scroll through the rest of that Facebook page and see if there's anything new. 

I received a blank screen with a message saying "The page no longer exists or you no longer have permission to access the page", and now the page simply does not exist on my news feed (all notifications from that page have vanished from my history, like it never existed). I had been banned from the forum for liking a post that says what you just said, and a super woke feminist who by every other metric was a "woke leftie" was also banned for.... dare I say "wrongthink"? No swearing, no insults, no bull, just an honest opinion expressed in a pretty respectful manner. 

It's a private page, they have the right to ban whoever they want, so I do understand that argument. But the fact is, if these people had their way the whole internet would be that way. Opinions that people don't like - squashed; the people who hold them - banned. That is why I tend to identify with conservatives and conservative ideals, because conservatives still believe in freedom of speech, even if that means having to deal with speech that personally offends us. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Do you honestly believe I couldn't triple that count with biological males? 

You're just attacking a minority. 

Do better. Stereotyping is useless and creates divide in the community. There's an entire side of the lifestyle that you're missing.

I seriously doubt the below illustrates the above. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpqw9Tm3x2ZNNVKHf4o5B

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Really? I've never heard anyone say that.

Who do you think actually says it's fair for those with performance enhancing substances to compete against those without? Should women be allowed a performance enhancing substance to even the playing field?

p.s. What's a 'midge'?

A trans hater.

• Confused 1

And your saying this sort of behaviour is limited to the transgender community are you? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

Hey Psyche, 

I wanted to address this post for one very key reason, we have had arguments in the past about the importance of freedom of speech (and I'm sure we'll have that argument again). There are some people who would consider your statement here to be transphobic and ban you from the internet for holding that belief. I don't, but there are many that would. I belonged to a Facebook page until about three days ago dedicated to Intersectional Feminism. I never commented in the group, I was a lurker and I occasionally clicked like on posts, otherwise I used that page just to keep tabs on what the far left is saying about topics. About three days ago someone posted about Lia Thomas and how they fully 100% supported trans women competing against biological women. Another woman, a long time contributor to the page that I had seen passionately standing up for feminist ideals many times, she wrote something virtually identical to what you wrote. I clicked "Like" on that post, because they made a lot of sense. Then I read the comments, and two posts later one of the mods had written "this person has been removed from the group for hate speech". One minute later, I'd finished reading the comments and I clicked the back button to scroll through the rest of that Facebook page and see if there's anything new. 

I received a blank screen with a message saying "The page no longer exists or you no longer have permission to access the page", and now the page simply does not exist on my news feed (all notifications from that page have vanished from my history, like it never existed). I had been banned from the forum for liking a post that says what you just said, and a super woke feminist who by every other metric was a "woke leftie" was also banned for.... dare I say "wrongthink"? No swearing, no insults, no bull, just an honest opinion expressed in a pretty respectful manner. 

It's a private page, they have the right to ban whoever they want, so I do understand that argument. But the fact is, if these people had their way the whole internet would be that way. Opinions that people don't like - squashed; the people who hold them - banned. That is why I tend to identify with conservatives and conservative ideals, because conservatives still believe in freedom of speech, even if that means having to deal with speech that personally offends us. 

Well it's nice to be on the same page.

I can't fault the above though, like you say it's a private page. Like a blog they don't have to accommodate views they don't like. But let's face it, they are preaching to a choir. 

I just don't see how a natural performance enhancing substance is any different to one administered. They both have the same effect. On that basis, I believe Mississippi had grounds for their decision. I honestly think that's beyond freedom of speech as we can produce actual facts to support the position, not emotional appeals. There is a definite chemical advantage to having testosterone in your system. 

I don't blame the athletes. I think the system has set them up for a fall. Lots of people use loopholes. 

I think they could get upset all they want, but at the end of the day they cannot refute the very fact that a trans woman athlete has the advantage of a natural performance enhancing substance. It's not a level playing field. There's a huge and very well supported argument from a sports view here. 

And as far as I know it is illegal. Lias medal should be recalled because:

Testosterone and any other substance listed under the Anabolic Agents section of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List are prohibited at all times, including “other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).” This catch-all allows for the possibility that there are many synthetic derivatives of anabolic steroids that have anabolic and androgenic actions on the body, thus all are prohibited in sport even if not specifically named on the Prohibited List. WADA and USADA are always monitoring for the appearance of new doping substances.

https://www.usada.org/spirit-of-sport/education/testosterone-boosting-supplements/#:~:text=Testosterone and any other substance,possibility that there are many

Transgender supporters can be as upset as they want, but facts are facts. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Transgender supporters can be as upset as they want, but facts are facts. 

Legit, I hope you never get cancelled for that opinion. But if you do, you're always welcome on the right ;) 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Legit, I hope you never get cancelled for that opinion. But if you do, you're always welcome on the right ;) 

Cheers mate, I'd be more than willing to debate a proponent on the doping issue of it came to that. 

But I think I'll give left wing and right wing a miss and create south wing. The best of all worlds

Who's with me!!!! 

:lol:

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Who do you think actually says it's fair for those with performance enhancing substances to compete against those without? Should women be allowed a performance enhancing substance to even the playing field?

A trans hater.

Nobody.

No. 

And wrong. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

And your saying this sort of behaviour is limited to the transgender community are you? 

"where are your links to their worst moments"  I think was your question. Seems I answered but you didn't like the answer. 

And your quote above is twisting my reply to suit your narrative. Where did I say this behavior is limited to.??? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Do you honestly believe I couldn't triple that count with biological males? 

You're just attacking a minority. 

Do better. Stereotyping is useless and creates divide in the community. There's an entire side of the lifestyle that you're missing.

I seriously doubt the below illustrates the above. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpqw9Tm3x2ZNNVKHf4o5B

Probably, but the subject is non biological 'females'  not biological males. 

I'm not 'attacking' anything. For some bizarre reason you are attempting to explain my lack of acquiescence to the trans religion as hate. I don't hate it, I would just rather put my trust in thousands of years of scientific knowledge rather than 'feelings'. 

What is it exactly I'm stereotyping?? 

I find it odd that the very people who during the pandemic shouted the loudest for us all to 'follow the science' are quite willing to drop the science by the wayside when it comes to this subject. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Nobody.

Well you're very wrong. Read the posts I left for you. WADA and USADA ate the people who allow 'natural doping' in sport. 

Don't you think one should ask them why natural doping is ok but artificial is not? Still an illegal substance in women's sport isn't it? 

No. 

Why not? Would that not level the playing field? If trans women can take testosterone why don't other women take performance enhancing substances to make them as strong or fast?

And wrong. 

Not at all. It's why his threads get shut down usually.

"where are your links to their worst moments"  I think was your question. Seems I answered but you didn't like the answer. 

facepalm-really.gif

The USADC. WADA.

The people who make the rules.

FFS. One track mind there or what? 

And your quote above is twisting my reply to suit your narrative. Where did I say this behavior is limited to.??? 

No I'm not. I'm pointing out that you are illustrating what people do. Gay, trans and primarily, straight people. Not just trans people.

• Confused 1

Probably, but the subject is non biological 'females'  not biological males. 

Nope.

It's about sports controversy.

I'm not 'attacking' anything. For some bizarre reason you are attempting to explain my lack of acquiescence to the trans religion as hate.

Then post about the subject instead of midge level stereotyping.

I don't hate it, I would just rather put my trust in thousands of years of scientific knowledge rather than 'feelings'. 

What?

Wtf are you talking about? Thousands of years of scientific knowledge???

What is it exactly I'm stereotyping?? 

Transgender people.

I find it odd that the very people who during the pandemic shouted the loudest for us all to 'follow the science' are quite willing to drop the science by the wayside when it comes to this subject. 

Read my posts.

The issue is doping through natural means. You're just being a Midge and hating on trans people in general.

Do better. I'm sure you can.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Or do you disagree?

Yeah cause taking some creatine and having balls are the same thing lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nope. It's about sports controversy.

Then post about the subject instead of midge level stereotyping.

What? Wtf are you talking about? Thousands of years of scientific knowledge???

Transgender people.

Read my posts.

The issue is doping through natural means. You're just being a Midge and hating on trans people in general.

Do better. I'm sure you can.

Nope. It's about sports controversy.    - Yes, the controversy being biological males taking part in female sport.

Then post about the subject instead of midge level stereotyping.    - I am, you're not. 

What? Wtf are you talking about? Thousands of years of scientific knowledge???   - Biology...It's a branch of science.

Read my posts.    -Yep.

The issue is doping through natural means. You're just being a Midge and hating on trans people in general.   - Title of the thread is "Mississippi ban transgender women from sports" Not 'Doping through natural means'  And there you go with the hate thing again. I'll say it again....For some bizarre reason you are attempting to explain my lack of acquiescence to the trans religion as hate, I don't hate anything apart from beetroot.

Do better. I'm sure you can. ....better than what?

I'll lay my opinions out in simple terms regarding the subject of this thread for you to understand where I'm coming from.

I do not believe biological males should be allowed to compete in female sports.

I do not believe biological males should be allowed to share female only hospital wards or female prison cells simply because they've decided to 'identify' as female.

I do not believe that a trans woman is a real woman in the true (biological) sense.

If a biological man wishes to be treated like a woman, that's fine by me as long as they are not causing any harm or upset to other people. Live & let live. 

I will not try to memorized the plethora of pronouns that the trans community seem to indulge in & add to on a daily basis. Plain english has served well for me upto now, and I'm against changing everyday language to please 0.07% of the population.

And finally for the umpteenth time, I do not 'hate' (your word) trans people...how could I? I don't know any.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll lay my opinions out in simple terms regarding the subject of this thread for you to understand where I'm coming from.

I do not believe biological males should be allowed to compete in female sports.

I do not believe biological males should be allowed to share female only hospital wards or female prison cells simply because they've decided to 'identify' as female.

I do not believe that a trans woman is a real woman in the true (biological) sense.

If a biological man wishes to be treated like a woman, that's fine by me as long as they are not causing any harm or upset to other people. Live & let live. 

I will not try to memorized the plethora of pronouns that the trans community seem to indulge in & add to on a daily basis. Plain english has served well for me upto now, and I'm against changing everyday language to please 0.07% of the population.

And finally for the umpteenth time, I do not 'hate' (your word) trans people...how could I? I don't know any.

Well said and I agree.   

• Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked