Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Netflix crack-down on password sharing

Eldorado

Netflix is testing a way to crack down on password sharing.

The popular streaming service has been using popups to ask some users to verify their account via email or text, or to “verify later."

“If you don't live with the owner of this account, you need your own account to keep watching," the screen reads, according to Streamable.com, which first reported the test.

The test comes as streaming services proliferate and more people share passwords and services. Netflix confirmed the test, but did not say how many people were part of the test or if it was only in the U.S. or elsewhere.

AP report at MSN

• Haha 2

I think the way they organize things annoys me. I've never really liked their content organization or ideals. I've tried a bunch of streaming services and arguably some of the free ones have a better layout that consider the customer more capable of searching for content instead of being a lazy person who wants everything recommended for them. They don't give you enough opportunity to customize your streams or filter and the actual design makes the process of searching frustrating. Not to mention there are less choices available and they drop off quickly unless mainstreamed.

• Like 1