Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

4-year-old recalls past life 9/11 experience

102 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Xeno-Fish

There seems to be a formula for all these "reincarnations".

Insert well know tragic event + a lot of news coverage (of some kind) + a willing/unwilling participant = "I'm the reincarnation of X person" or "I remember Y event."

I'm just waiting for that one kid who remember his or her past life as a septic tank cleaner that drowned on the job. Seriously. It's never mundane.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija
7 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

There seems to be a formula for all these "reincarnations".

Insert well know tragic event + a lot of news coverage (of some kind) + a willing/unwilling participant = "I'm the reincarnation of X person" or "I remember Y event."

I'm just waiting for that one kid who remember his or her past life as a septic tank cleaner that drowned on the job. Seriously. It's never mundane.

bold above ^ ^ But maybe that's reasonable . . . who remembers the dull, unremarkable stuff in their lives? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
1 minute ago, ouija ouija said:

bold above ^ ^ But maybe that's reasonable . . . who remembers the dull, unremarkable stuff in their lives? 

I just don't buy into this whole reincarnation business. I think it's all an attention grab.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija
4 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

I just don't buy into this whole reincarnation business. I think it's all an attention grab.

Typed a whole long explanation then realised it didn't work with this particular instance! :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
1 minute ago, ouija ouija said:

Typed a whole long explanation then realised it didn't work with this particular instance! :lol:

Don't feel bad. I typed up a lengthy reply and deleted 99% of it. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
37 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Neither is denial an explanation.  

 

More specifically on topic, that's too specific story for a 4-year old to come up with, even if it was based on documentaries or things child heard adults are talking about.

It could be "explained" by accusing the mother of completely making everything up, but I don't think everyone is automatically a liar if their experience can't be explained with current materialist dogma.  

No one is denying you've got a story, but that's all you've got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
35 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

No one is denying you've got a story, but that's all you've got.

Yes, yes, exactly, you can stop panicking now. No one has proven anything that doesn't have your approval. 

 

 

 

On the topic, when I was a small child and adults asked me what I'll be "when I'm big" (grown up), I misunderstood and answered, a little confused with their stupidity: "I'll be big when I grow big, like you're now, and then you'll be small again." It was their turn to be confused with my stupidity, so it went back and forth couple more times. They wanted to hear what profession I'll choose and I wanted them to remember the obvious fact that you keep doing the life cycle all over again. 

I've got no idea why it was so, but to the very young, instinctive me, the reincarnation was just a plain fact of life. It wasn't popular idea in my part of the world back then, certainly wasn't taught or brought up when talking to small children. It wasn't present in the media and I couldn't read yet, after all. So it was one of those things people find in their brains, and it definitely couldn't be there according to the dry materialism's limited scope of the explained.    

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
1 hour ago, Xeno-Fish said:

There seems to be a formula for all these "reincarnations".

Insert well know tragic event + a lot of news coverage (of some kind) + a willing/unwilling participant = "I'm the reincarnation of X person" or "I remember Y event."

I'm just waiting for that one kid who remember his or her past life as a septic tank cleaner that drowned on the job. Seriously. It's never mundane.

According to dreams I had, about someone else's life, I was a simple peasant, had an ugly girlfriend and died young, with great relief, because I was hungry and freezing and afraid of more pain so finally, the death was a good thing. I've got a birthmark at my chest, at the spot where I dreamt that person was shot. 

I also stumbled upon that village in reality, in one of the neighbouring countries. 

It doesn't have to be reincarnation, but it definitely was someone's life. With real village recognizable today, though some buildings were torn down and some made anew. 

It's funny you mention septic tank cleaners, because before he got to the point of desperation, they were digging holes, one of them was specifically for septic tank purposes :lol: I kid you not.  

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperionxvii
1 hour ago, Xeno-Fish said:

There seems to be a formula for all these "reincarnations".

Insert well know tragic event + a lot of news coverage (of some kind) + a willing/unwilling participant = "I'm the reincarnation of X person" or "I remember Y event."

I'm just waiting for that one kid who remember his or her past life as a septic tank cleaner that drowned on the job. Seriously. It's never mundane.

I had an experience like that as a child, but it didn't involve any tragic events or me being a famous person or a Prince or anything like that. Only an item that I knew I had and could not find and being very upset about it.

And I completely deny that it was anything like reincarnation. I have no idea what it was. An interesting phenomenon that I do believe happens in children for some reason. We just don't know the reason. Doesn't make it magic, even though some people want to insist it must be because that's mysterious and everything, just like fairies, hobgoblins, and bigfoot, none of which exist either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
21 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

According to dreams I had, about someone else's life, I was a simple peasant, had an ugly girlfriend and died young, with great relief, because I was hungry and freezing and afraid of more pain so finally, the death was a good thing. I've got a birthmark at my chest, at the spot where I dreamt that person was shot. 

I also stumbled upon that village in reality, in one of the neighbouring countries. 

It doesn't have to be reincarnation, but it definitely was someone's life. With real village recognizable today, though some buildings were torn down and some made anew. 

It's funny you mention septic tank cleaners, because before he got to the point of desperation, they were digging holes, one of them was specifically for septic tank purposes :lol: I kid you not.  

That's the funny think about dreams. If I were to take them literally I'd lived in ancient and future worlds. Even places bizarre and quite alien. Including a place lit by a black light star. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
4 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

That's the funny think about dreams. If I were to take them literally I'd lived in ancient and future worlds. Even places bizarre and quite alien. Including a place lit by a black light star. 

Can we really know? Maybe you lived there. Maybe you will. Maybe you're connected with someone who did or does or will. Maybe you're just creative (nothing less amazing in creativity than in the rest of the unexplained). 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore

All righty folks, knock it off with the derogatory discussing of each other. Keep your commentary civil and constructive to the topic, not about each other. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Poncho_Peanatus
2 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

There seems to be a formula for all these "reincarnations".

Insert well know tragic event + a lot of news coverage (of some kind) + a willing/unwilling participant = "I'm the reincarnation of X person" or "I remember Y event."

I'm just waiting for that one kid who remember his or her past life as a septic tank cleaner that drowned on the job. Seriously. It's never mundane.

Frankly most if not all of the reincarnation cases I been reading involves everyday life. Never readed anything about a Napoleon, a pope or whatever. All cases that I have been exposed were normal people who died or murdered. The classic case of the kid in india who remembers his dead and could even point at the murderer for example, real or not, the so called victim was nobody important. There is even a case of the reincarnation of a fisherman. 

I think it safe to say, all cases of reincarnation the mundanity of the actors is the rule. Just saying.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
35 minutes ago, Poncho_Peanatus said:

Frankly most if not all of the reincarnation cases I been reading involves everyday life. Never readed anything about a Napoleon, a pope or whatever. All cases that I have been exposed were normal people who died or murdered. The classic case of the kid in india who remembers his dead and could even point at the murderer for example, real or not, the so called victim was nobody important. There is even a case of the reincarnation of a fisherman. 

I think it safe to say, all cases of reincarnation the mundanity of the actors is the rule. Just saying.

It's mostly an American stereotype, that (possibly) reincarnation memories are always about being someone important in previous lives, because they were introduced to the idea of reincarnation by various fraudsters who indeed claimed to be reincarnated kings, queens, great spiritual teachers, often from parts of the world and epochs that were considered mystical and exotic (ancient Egypt, for example). 

While the actual intriguing cases, where the memories of possible past life were proven correct, are very often in relative vicinity and/or related cultures. It's like soul is moving steadily up certain path, without sudden great turns - of course, who knows, but that's the impression I get from reading about typical cases of interesting memories of possible past lives.   

 

So I was a simple peasant some 500 km away, now I'm a simple peasant woman here, which according to the traditions that are more open to the idea of reincarnation, means that I must have screwed up something, badly, since I'm female this time :D 

I like to think it's my soul being ready to endure a life in woman's body :lol: It is a challenge, damn it. Which reminds me that as a small child I was vaguely confused with the fact that I can't pee while standing up :lol: Seriously. Maybe I was particularly stupid kid, or maybe it was because of residue memories of my previous life in a body of opposite gender. Who knows.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Overdueleaf

Years ago, when my youngest was about 3 or 4 (he is now 21), we were attending our weekly Sunday dinner at my parents. Dinner was brought to the table, so we did like we had always done (and still do) growing up in our hometown's little ghetto, we simply went to the doors and yelled outside that it was dinner time (classy, i know). My son was a little preoccupied in the living room playing with his cars and was in no hurry to eat. When my mother went in to remind him that it was time to come to the table (she had used his name).. he looked at her square in the eyes and announced very sternly "My name is NOT Dawson, it is LeShawn".  My mother did not miss a beat and said "Come on LeShawn it is time for dinner"; he got up and went to the dinner table where he announced to everyone that he was LeShawn. We had a good laugh about it for the duration of the evening. Driving home, it was dark outside by this time. From the back seat of the truck, he asked that I not bury him in the ground... he was afraid of being buried. This caught me off guard and I wasn't sure how to respond other than to assure him I would not bury him. The remainder of the drive was pretty silent. His desire to be called LeShawn lasted only a few months (noone else in the family has ever forgot about it), when he entered the teenage portion of his life I asked him if he remembered wanting to be called LeShawn when he was younger, he did not at first then was like..."oh yeah, when we were at Nana's". Our family likes to have fun, we tell the same stories over and over and laugh at ourselves...to this day 50% of the time when I talk to my youngest.... I will call him LeShawn.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'm a simple peasant woman here,

I admire your persistence, but.....

Sorry, Helen, I will not marry a peasant, no matter how much money your husband has offered me. :yes:

 

I'm looking for a rich widow in her 80's with a heart condition. :tsu:

 

Edited by acute
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
11 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Neither is denial an explanation.  

 

More specifically on topic, that's too specific story for a 4-year old to come up with, even if it was based on documentaries or things child heard adults are talking about.

It could be "explained" by accusing the mother of completely making everything up, but I don't think everyone is automatically a liar if their experience can't be explained with current materialist dogma.  

I didn't read anything but a fairly vague description that sounded more like a child's dream. 

The link I read said the room got hot (the floor) people were banging on the door and she flew like a bird. Not plummeted to a horrible death but flew. I find that the most important detail here. 

That honestly doesn't sound highly detailed to me unless there's more information I haven't seen? Flying dreams are often described as vivid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rolci
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Anyone with a functioning brain is going to work out cherry picking isn't proof.

Snow wasn't picking cherries. As a sceptic homicide police captain, he noted down ALL data points that could be verified and/or proven true/false from the session, like any other SERIOUS sceptic should. After taking the time of going through all 17,000 pages of the diary he found years later in the archive, he verified them all. No cherries anywhere. Sorry.  Did you even watch the video? How to find 100% proof of your past lives

Edited by Rolci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Rolci said:

Any real sceptic (i.e. not a pseudo-sceptic armchair-warrior) can find out the truth of reincarnation very easily. You simply do a past life regression, note down the facts from the recording, do a bit of detective work, and you have your proof. Turns any sceptic. Like it turned police captain Cpt. Robert Snow, who only went on a PLR to prove it was BS. Except he actually took the time to uncover those facts that he wrote down from the recording. ( Which can be found right here. ) Unlike most, who prefer clinging to their false beliefs rather than have their status quo challenged, lest they find an inconvenient truth. After all, it can't be that they've been wrong about something all their lives, living their days in clueless oblivion, right?

Hi Rolci

Not sure that is as strong an argument as it once was, Eldorado posted this in a thread so if it is not good enough for the cops then I'm good with that

"The use of hypnosis to investigate crimes has been ended by The Texas Department of Public Safety after an expose by The Dallas Morning News showed that the science was "dubious".

A spokesperson for the department said that the practice of using hypnosis to investigate crimes had ended in January of this year, more than four decades after the start of the programme.

The move to leave hypnosis behind was made less than a year after a Dallas Morning News expose entitled "The Memory Room" raised questions about the effectiveness of the practice."

Full report at MSN

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
the usual
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
15 hours ago, acute said:

I admire your persistence, but.....

Sorry, Helen, I will not marry a peasant, no matter how much money your husband has offered me. :yes:

 

I'm looking for a rich widow in her 80's with a heart condition. :tsu:

 

He offered you money? There's money in this house?! *sniffs the air* 

Nah, false alarm. He usually offers my clothing and a bag of potatoes. You know, used wife, good as new, comes fully clothed. 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
15 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I didn't read anything but a fairly vague description that sounded more like a child's dream. 

The link I read said the room got hot (the floor) people were banging on the door and she flew like a bird. Not plummeted to a horrible death but flew. I find that the most important detail here. 

That honestly doesn't sound highly detailed to me unless there's more information I haven't seen? Flying dreams are often described as vivid. 

It's intriguingly specific for a 4-year old. In my opinion, of course. And intriguingly specific dream for a 4-year old, if it was through dreams that the child accessed these memories. Even if it was just child's imagination, it's still very interesting how it fits in the very real past, how it speaks of things that indeed happened - like someone's real memory somehow downloaded into living brain that can communicate it. 

And the horrible death was certainly true for the people who perished that way, but - let me use my own example again, I'm sure almost everyone else experienced something similar - once I suffered quite serious physical trauma that included severe blow to my head (yeah, explains a lot :lol: ) and I do remember what was happening until few moments before the blow to the head. 

I'm trying to say that it's - again, in my opinion - possible to escape the fiery death by jumping out the window and though you did die a horrible death when you hit the ground, it's possible that in that moment on utter fear of fire the fall was indeed feeling like flying, not falling. A flight to salvation from the fire. And it's definitely possible to have the last moments before the trauma erased. 

Certainly, if it's a soul transferring around, then the moments erased in the previous body should be accessible in the new body. Maybe. Maybe it's some form of favour that they're erased completely... yeah, I'm blathering. 

 

In short, there are intriguing stories. I don't think they prove anything, but I don't think they can be discarded either. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija

^ ^  Well said. :tsu:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Poncho_Peanatus
On 3/14/2021 at 5:12 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

It's mostly an American stereotype, that (possibly) reincarnation memories are always about being someone important in previous lives, because they were introduced to the idea of reincarnation by various fraudsters who indeed claimed to be reincarnated kings, queens, great spiritual teachers, often from parts of the world and epochs that were considered mystical and exotic (ancient Egypt, for example). 

While the actual intriguing cases, where the memories of possible past life were proven correct, are very often in relative vicinity and/or related cultures. It's like soul is moving steadily up certain path, without sudden great turns - of course, who knows, but that's the impression I get from reading about typical cases of interesting memories of possible past lives.   

 

Could be, I reading similar statements from so-called skeptics about 'everybody being kings and queen' or something like that etc.  I just find annoying because the way they dismiss this phenomena means they havent even looked into. So I wonder why not go and buy a ice cream? BTW maybe its real reincarnation, aka dead people coming back in a new body, or some kind of psychological process, intriguing both ways. But this blatant dismissal is beyond insulting. 

 

Quote

So I was a simple peasant some 500 km away, now I'm a simple peasant woman here, which according to the traditions that are more open to the idea of reincarnation, means that I must have screwed up something, badly, since I'm female this time :D 

I like to think it's my soul being ready to endure a life in woman's body :lol: It is a challenge, damn it. Which reminds me that as a small child I was vaguely confused with the fact that I can't pee while standing up :lol: Seriously. Maybe I was particularly stupid kid, or maybe it was because of residue memories of my previous life in a body of opposite gender. Who knows.   

HAHAHA my cusin is MTF and he claims it to be improvement. Im old school so I know nothing :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
15 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's intriguingly specific for a 4-year old. In my opinion, of course. And intriguingly specific dream for a 4-year old, if it was through dreams that the child accessed these memories. Even if it was just child's imagination, it's still very interesting how it fits in the very real past, how it speaks of things that indeed happened - like someone's real memory somehow downloaded into living brain that can communicate it. 

And the horrible death was certainly true for the people who perished that way, but - let me use my own example again, I'm sure almost everyone else experienced something similar - once I suffered quite serious physical trauma that included severe blow to my head (yeah, explains a lot :lol: ) and I do remember what was happening until few moments before the blow to the head. 

I'm trying to say that it's - again, in my opinion - possible to escape the fiery death by jumping out the window and though you did die a horrible death when you hit the ground, it's possible that in that moment on utter fear of fire the fall was indeed feeling like flying, not falling. A flight to salvation from the fire. And it's definitely possible to have the last moments before the trauma erased. 

Certainly, if it's a soul transferring around, then the moments erased in the previous body should be accessible in the new body. Maybe. Maybe it's some form of favour that they're erased completely... yeah, I'm blathering. 

 

In short, there are intriguing stories. I don't think they prove anything, but I don't think they can be discarded either. 

 

 

Ive seen the photos of people falling quite often.

I just don't think it's unexplainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
24 minutes ago, Poncho_Peanatus said:

Could be, I reading similar statements from so-called skeptics about 'everybody being kings and queen' or something like that etc.  I just find annoying because the way they dismiss this phenomena means they havent even looked into. So I wonder why not go and buy a ice cream? BTW maybe its real reincarnation, aka dead people coming back in a new body, or some kind of psychological process, intriguing both ways. But this blatant dismissal is beyond insulting. 

 

HAHAHA my cusin is MTF and he claims it to be improvement. Im old school so I know nothing :D

What in particular makes this instance so impressive to you? Do you feel its impossible for the claim to be rationalised? Have you looked into the science that says we do not go on? What says we do and that it is wrong?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.