Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrats are in denial over border security

Vorg

President Joe Biden is facing a crisis at the border, even if the White House would prefer not to use that word. Ambassador Roberta Jacobson, the administration’s coordinator for the southern border, certainly tried her best to avoid the term on Wednesday when she said, “We have to do what we do regardless of what anybody calls the situation.”

She was referring to a massive surge of migrants along the U.S. border with Mexico that federal authorities are struggling to keep up with. And that crisis — or situation — is at least partly of the Biden administration’s making.

Democrats are in denial about the need for border security (msn.com) 

• Like 3

Why is there a crisis?   The Democrats were all for open borders....so open them already, what is the prob?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Why is there a crisis?   The Democrats were all for open borders....so open them already, what is the prob?

The problem is that they're not all able to vote yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Even if the White House would prefer not to use that word. Ambassador Roberta Jacobson, the administration’s coordinator for the southern border, certainly tried her best to avoid the term.

Well, gee, I can't imagine why. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, joc said:

48 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

President Joe Biden is facing a crisis at the border, even if the White House would prefer not to use that word.

Democrats are in denial about the need for border security (msn.com) 

I think you guys hit the nail on the head.  Who is it that is calling this situation a "crisis"?  Even the article says it's not the Democrats.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I think you guys hit the nail on the head.  Who is it that is calling this situation a "crisis"?  Even the article says it's not the Democrats.

It's not that it isn't a crisis.  It is.  What it is, is that the Democrats have no plan for it.  No plan to keep them out.  No plan to let them in.  And it isn't going away.  It is going to grow into something very bad...and Obamabenbiden doesn't have a clue what to do about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

It's not that it isn't a crisis.  It is.  What it is, is that the Democrats have no plan for it.  No plan to keep them out.  No plan to let them in.  And it isn't going away.  It is going to grow into something very bad...and Obamabenbiden doesn't have a clue what to do about it.

Why is it a crisis?  We had more immigrants back in 2019 during Trump than at this time.  And to be brutally cold- like Tatetopa said in another thread, we just lost 530,000 Americans so there is room.  Myles and Oversword in another thread were complaining about how no one wants to go to work for their companies at $40-60k a year so there are jobs.  I know we are hiring here in Iowa still.  

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Why is it a crisis?  We had more immigrants back in 2019 during Trump than at this time.  And to be brutally cold- like Tatetopa said in another thread, we just lost 530,000 Americans so there is room.  Myles and Oversword in another thread were complaining about how no one wants to go to work for their companies at $40-60k a year so there are jobs.  I know we are hiring here in Iowa still.  

It's not a crisis for me.  it is a crisis situation for those in limbo at the border.  Btw...we didn't los3e 530,000 Americans to Covid 19...

And what if we did...most ot them were old...in nursing homes...so should we just stick these kids in nursing homes.  

Another thing about Covid in all of this...since...you mentioned it...the fatality rate of Covid19 is only slightly higher than that of the flu.  .018 percent.   Probably much lower than the flu since the Test Kits involved are suspect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

It's not a crisis for me.  it is a crisis situation for those in limbo at the border.  Btw...we didn't los3e 530,000 Americans to Covid 19...

And what if we did...most ot them were old...in nursing homes...so should we just stick these kids in nursing homes.  

Another thing about Covid in all of this...since...you mentioned it...the fatality rate of Covid19 is only slightly higher than that of the flu.  .018 percent.   Probably much lower than the flu since the Test Kits involved are suspect.

What media source did you get that number from?  COVID-19 pandemic death rates by country - Wikipedia

That wiki page was updated yesterday with data from the John Hopkin's center.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Texas cancelled their lockdown so....

So...... flood them with illegal immigrants that have covid?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Mungus said:

So...... flood them with illegal immigrants that have covid?

No, so there is no legal recourse with which to hold them...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

A crisis is people without power water and freezing to death in Texas or being burned out in California or watching their home get washed out to sea during a hurricane on the Gulf Coast.

People are coming across the border just like they did under Trump.  Big Difference is he lied about it. 

Americans ought to be resourceful and resilient enough to handle this without running up the  Oh My God tree. Is it happening?  Yes.  Can it be dealt with?  Yes.

We would benefit from controlled borders, a sensible immigration plan, guest worker visas and other immigration reform policies.    Until that gets done, we need some stop gaps.

But the whole Conservatives playing innocent here is flat out silly.

You want to keep the minimum wage low so you can buy cheap stuff.  There is a labor shortage in a lot of trades.  Economically, that would argue for raising wages.  I am sure you know about supply and demand. Yet, you want cheap stuff.

So, either you buy it from China or you bring in a lot of below minimum wage zero benefit people to process your meats, frame your houses, pick your produce and clean the bathrooms at Walmart during the night.

You have chosen both of those alternatives.  So why are you complaining?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

No, so there is no legal recourse with which to hold them...

If only there was something criminal these illegal immigrants were doing that you could lock them up or deport them for...... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Mungus said:

If only there was something criminal these illegal immigrants were doing that you could lock them up or deport them for...... 

If only, but to be a criminal in the US you would have to go to trial.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

and Obamabenbiden doesn't have a clue what to do about it.

I'd say it's more a matter of not having a clue how to hide or camouflage the chaos they know is coming.  I never think of the Marxists as stupid.  Callous and uncaring about the survival of the country, sure, but NOT stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

So why are you complaining?

Absolutely correct.  We can all just close our eyes to it and welcome these industrious souls in to take jobs Americans need, overburden our health care system and schools and as a bonus, see a steep rise in violent and property crimes.  To do anything less is to be evil, right?

150 MILLION people have expressed a desire to come here.  Where would YOU draw a line?  This situation is not difficult to grasp.  These politicians are enabling a "fundamental change" in America.  The flow northward will only slow or cease once we've reached an equilibrium of misery that is no different than what they were fleeing.  At THAT point, the crowds that are late to the party for handouts and welfare will probably decide to vent their frustration by making war against U.S. citizens.  

You're free to share your analysis but please don't try to pi$$ down our backs and tell us it's raining.  The only thing worse than watching your country and the future of your children being tossed into the fire is having sanctimonious partisans imply that you deserve it.  They don't even have the decency to admit that once this nation is broken, there will be no other to care for the millions who need it.  THAT is the ultimate hypocrisy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, and then said:

Absolutely correct.  We can all just close our eyes to it and welcome these industrious souls in to take jobs Americans need, overburden our health care system and schools and as a bonus, see a steep rise in violent and property crimes.  To do anything less is to be evil, right?

150 MILLION people have expressed a desire to come here.  Where would YOU draw a line?  This situation is not difficult to grasp.  These politicians are enabling a "fundamental change" in America.  The flow northward will only slow or cease once we've reached an equilibrium of misery that is no different than what they were fleeing.  At THAT point, the crowds that are late to the party for handouts and welfare will probably decide to vent their frustration by making war against U.S. citizens.  

You're free to share your analysis but please don't try to pi$$ down our backs and tell us it's raining.  The only thing worse than watching your country and the future of your children being tossed into the fire is having sanctimonious partisans imply that you deserve it.  They don't even have the decency to admit that once this nation is broken, there will be no other to care for the millions who need it.  THAT is the ultimate hypocrisy.

Look at you.  Finally opening your eyes and seeing things from a global view.  Yours's and Trump's approach was tried and failed and the Dems and Biden's approach scares you.  Are you finally understanding why we send aid to Central/South America?  There are two sides of a scale to create an equilibrium.  Helping a neighbor put out a housefire so he can still live there does beat having him move in with you right?

I've always said the cure to our immigration problem was to get rid of the "sugar" that draws them here.  But no one wants to hold the employer responsible for hiring them- even our last president hired illegal aliens.  So now we have Biden who says, screw it, we'll just give em a path to citizenship and make it legal.  Is that going to destroy America?  I doubt it.  We've had waves of immigration since America was founded.  Heck, the bulk of the people of Mexico, Central, and South America immigrated from the same places as North Americans did.  And it only made us stronger.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, and then said:

Absolutely correct.  We can all just close our eyes to it and welcome these industrious souls in to take jobs Americans need,

Well now that is funny.  Americans are already here.  They already speak the language, they are already signed up for welfare and maybe have kids in school.   Seems like they would have a head start to getting those jobs they need.  Why are there any jobs left for immigrants anyway?  Because that is the way you wanted it.   You want those trashy jobs that need to be done so you can buy cheap bacon, but you don't want to pay enough for an American to take them.  You will hide your eyes and tell yourself they are not after those $7 an hour jobs, nobody wants those, they just want welfare.  

Just as bad as not getting what you wish for is getting exactly what you wish for, and you have. You have made a semi-permanent underclass and tell yourself its all their own fault because our economy needs it to operate and keep you happy.  For now.

I don't like open borders, I don't like unlimited immigration. I don't like the opioid  problem.  I don't think Biden can fix it, but he may try.  Trump didn't fix it, he just lied. and left the whole situation to rot and fester. 

I won't even duck out of the problem, I am in this every bit as deep as you. I will share the blame, but I will not take it all for conservative blindness.

I think your logic stinks on ice.  You can't string together cause and effect listening to your right wing radio boys spouting.  They don't have to run the country, just get you mad enough to send money. 

That's not p*** brother, that is the sweat trickling down your back as you wake up to this mess.  Conservative policies had a big hand in building this  and yes you are breaking this nation. 

Finally, you are  right  there will be no other place to go.  I don't hate you, maybe I even love you, but I won't let you slide on your silly BS assumptions.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Illegal immigrants that have covid are not detained but released into the community?

And you brother, why the outrage?

Texans don't care if a few of them die, its the manly thing to do.  Read @joc above.  He will tell you that it is just a few worthless old people dying in nursing homes and covid is no worse than the flu. No cause for alarm at all.

What is really bothering you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm seeing reports of around 100-200 thousand russian migrants headed across the Bering Strait to Alaska.  

:D

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

I'm seeing reports of around 100-200 thousand russian migrants headed across the Bering Strait to Alaska.  

:D

Careful... you're apt to cause chaos from the cognitive dissonance !!!  :w00t:

38 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

And you brother, why the outrage?

Texans don't care if a few of them die, its the manly thing to do.  Read @joc above.  He will tell you that it is just a few worthless old people dying in nursing homes and covid is no worse than the flu. No cause for alarm at all.

What is really bothering you?

I was just wondering what you thought of these migrants who have entered illegally, been tested positive for covid and wont quarantine? It doesnt bode well for the country if that's the quality of people jumping the border

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well now that is funny.

Nah... nothing in the slightest funny about what your illegitimate DC mob is up to.  Perhaps you'll rethink your stance when the RESET occurs.  Then again, why bother to EVER acknowledge what your particular ideology will have accomplished when all you have to do is point and bray that it's "their fault".  Feel free to do you, we'll definitely handle the issue when it reaches OUR communities.  As I've said before, we can't stop this government action but we certainly CAN explain to these folks who enter our communities that they aren't welcome and any crime will be dealt with harshly.