Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcist claims movies contain actual demons

UM-Bot

So...I guess not watching horror movies possesses you with a self-righteous, ignorant spirit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's probably right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UM-Bot said:

An exorcist from the Philippines maintains that popular horror movies are a source of actual real-life demons.

Nothing more dangerous than a "believer" who thinks he's a "worker"......:no:

• Like 5

If believing in an evil entity makes the entity real, I guess it must work the opposite too, that if you believe in a good entity who helps you, that would become real as well.

• Thanks 1

Could be. When I was growing up, records contained backwards satanic lyrics. 

• Sad 1

As crazy as it sounds in this 'scientific age', he is probably not wrong. The fear/negative vibrations stirred up by such movies creates an environment more conducive to entities that absorb negative vibrations from the living.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I think (hope) that's been debunked. I remember a rock star being interviewed about it once and saying 'If they knew how much trouble we had writing words going forwards, no one would suggest it'.

Edited by ted hughes
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

I think (hope) that's been debunked. 

I forgot the /sarcasm tag. 

Replace demons with pink elephants, and it will be equally true. Even blue giraffes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

When I was growing up, records contained backwards satanic lyrics. 

My favourite is.....

"Yes, Satan has gone and organised his own religion."

- from 'Hotel California' backwards.

Edited by acute
Oops! Got the wrong song. :D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Of course, there could be something in it:

11 hours ago, ted hughes said:

Watch to the end.

Oh, don't make sport of the puddis...

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

As crazy as it sounds in this 'scientific age', he is probably not wrong. The fear/negative vibrations stirred up by such movies creates an environment more conducive to entities that absorb negative vibrations from the living.

Sorry papaG i sure do not give power to any "entities"

On the other hand i find far too many people do have far too much negative vibrations so if these entities can absorb that then they are taking it from the person and thats a good positive thing, cool, so they do help after all.

• Like 1

Father Ronnie E. Ablong of the Diocese of Dumaguete- an impeccable source, then. Something of an authority in Dumaguete, I believe.

Edited by ted hughes

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Sorry papaG i sure do not give power to any "entities"

Nor do I. Most people can watch these movies and nothing beyond the memories of the movie linger.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

On the other hand i find far too many people do have far too much negative vibrations so if these entities can absorb that then they are taking it from the person and thats a good positive thing, cool, so they do help after all.

Actually I do not think this dissipates the fear/negativity in the troubled person but actually encourages the entity to stick around these people and encourage more fear/negativity. Bad cycle, so they're not doing any good.

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Nor do I. Most people can watch these movies and nothing beyond the memories of the movie linger.

Actually I do not think this dissipates the fear/negativity in the troubled person but actually encourages the entity to stick around these people and encourage more fear/negativity. Bad cycle, so they're not doing any good.

You said,

On 3/14/2021 at 2:14 PM, papageorge1 said:

movies creates an environment more conducive to entities that absorb negative vibrations from the living.

The word "absorb" gives me the impression they are taking away that persons negitivity which has little to do with a movie,

Since i do not believe in autonomous enities but do believe in the negitivity in some person i sure can see how some of the horror films can fertilize and fuel the negitivity that person already has, nothing paranormal but rather of the mind of the person.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:48 AM, ted hughes said:

I think (hope) that's been debunked. I remember a rock star being interviewed about it once and saying 'If they knew how much trouble we had writing words going forwards, no one would suggest it'.

There are actually dozens of examples 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backmasked_messages

14 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

Are you saying you believe the claims? Lol!

I believe the ones quoted in the wiki source I provided.  It would be too easy to prove them false, if the y were untrue 

I remember The Beatles  doing a couple, deliberately, way back in the 60s .

Ps idont think it is technically very difficult.

You just record the words the right way round, then  reverse the recording, play it put loud,  and record the reversed words 

6 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I believe the ones quoted in the wiki source I provided.  It would be too easy to prove them false, if the y were untrue 

I remember The Beatles  doing a couple, deliberately, way back in the 60s .

Ps idont think it is technically very difficult.

You just record the words the right way round, then  reverse the recording, play it put loud,  and record the reversed words 

But how do you make the words have a different meaning? You write a lyric eg "Whenever I want you all I have to do is dream", record the lyric- but when you play it backwards it is gibberish. Then what?

My profession was music bands and clubs and my take on the backward messages is of course some are added on purpose, its not hard and i could go do it on my music gear in a few moments.

Then there is the accidents, someone with too much free time and an empty bong grabbed their death metal disk and spun it backwards until they could in some audios answer to Pareidolia claim the backwards gibberish was saying something like " crush kill distroy, freddy is the devil"

The residents did something really cool they recorded a 3 sided record, what the tech did was lay the second cutting close to the first, both sets would have to only be half the normal length although combined full length but depending where you sat the needle was dictate what one heard, just imagine a person not knowing this was a special recording,

Sisters of mercy have a long backwards track in vision thing Canadian club mix, Apocalypse Now

• Like 1