Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcist claims movies contain actual demons

UM-Bot

5 hours ago, ted hughes said:

But how do you make the words have a different meaning? You write a lyric eg "Whenever I want you all I have to do is dream", record the lyric- but when you play it backwards it is gibberish. Then what?

As 13 bats says above, there are a variety of forms and methods 

Some are inserted as "white noise " 

Some are simply the words reversed.

I guess others are more complex, especially since the use of computers in recording

53 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I guess others are more complex, especially since the use of computers in recording

I imagine today a backwards track would be consided Jurassic since most use electronic audio, i would suspect subliminal messages could be added.

Back to the OP, a number years back wasnt there some movie made mockumentary blair witch style claiming people who watched the video died, some dropping dead right in their theater seat it was all a promo stunt of course.

• Like 1

Has anybody ever watched a movie that they could not watch again because it makes them feel horribly?  I'm not saying these movies contain actual demons from hell but they do put off a negative energy.  Among the movies that did that to me:

• The Bad Lieutenant (Harvey Keitel could never bring himself to watch it) 
  • Training Day
  • The Wrestler
  • The Exorcism of Emily Rose

All of these except the last one are also in my list of favorite movies but I have only seen them once and cannot bear the thought of watching them again.

On 3/14/2021 at 11:41 AM, acute said:

My favourite is.....

"Yes, Satan has gone and organised his own religion."

- from 'Hotel California' backwards.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

Has anybody ever watched a movie that they could not watch again because it makes them feel horribly?  I'm not saying these movies contain actual demons from hell but they do put off a negative energy.  Among the movies that did that to me:

• Training Day
  • The Wrestler

All of these except the last one are also in my list of favorite movies but I have only seen them once and cannot bear the thought of watching them again.

Sure movies like human centipede, tusk, the brave, saw and the flicks it spawned those types i dont watch them at all as just their idea concept makes me feel crappy,

In 86 i went to TCM2 and while it was very dark comedy at the time it made me sick to this day parts make me feel horrible

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 4:27 PM, UM-Bot said:

An exorcist from the Philippines maintains that popular horror movies are a source of actual real-life demons.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/344695/exorcist-claims-movies-contain-actual-demons

I mean some of the acting is debatable but calling the actors demons is taking it a little to far.

• Like 2

Never saw Human Centipede or TCM2 and some of these others. BUT that doesn't mean the negativity on the subject matter couldn't affect a person in some way. I really don't even watch the paranormal shows much any more.They keep moving times or days around, and now you have Discovery Plus which i refuse to pay for, so there you go.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:44 AM, papageorge1 said:

As crazy as it sounds in this 'scientific age', he is probably not wrong. The fear/negative vibrations stirred up by such movies creates an environment more conducive to entities that absorb negative vibrations from the living.

In the realm of make believe anything is possible.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

In the realm of make believe anything is possible.

Of course. But I was speaking from the realm of the real.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

Never saw Human Centipede or TCM2 and some of these others. BUT that doesn't mean the negativity on the subject matter couldn't affect a person in some way. I really don't even watch the paranormal shows much any more.They keep moving times or days around, and now you have Discovery Plus which i refuse to pay for, so there you go.

It sure does effect people some very deeply,

I didnt watch them except for tcm2, i learned what i do not need to be exposed to however there is a big hugh difference between saying that movie makes me fell yucky and movies have demons in them and people watching them are all open for those demons, hogwash!

Negativity exists in the world demons do not,

I would suspect that the same type person who believes a movie has demons would believe a Ouija board is a conduit to evil, no its not that specific game board amymoreso than clue or monopoly are conduits,

it starts and ends in that persons mind what they create, yeah what they imagine, make believe.

And sure i would question a persons mental health if they believe demons are in a movie ready to attack watchers of the flick.

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Of course. But I was speaking from the realm of the real.

Your realm of the real is identical to make believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Your realm of the real is identical to make believe.

My realm of the real includes additional planes of nature beyond our familiar physical. The physical-only view has no starting place to satisfactorily explain the so-called paranormal.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Confused 1

On 3/16/2021 at 3:52 PM, OverSword said:

• Training Day
  • The Wrestler

Platoon.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My realm of the real includes additional planes of nature beyond our familiar physical. The physical-only view has no starting place to satisfactorily explain the so-called paranormal.

These planes that exist solely in your head and without any form of evidence.  Baseless assertions are not explanations.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

These planes that exist solely in your head and without any form of evidence.  Baseless assertions are not explanations.

Mountains of paranormal evidence gives these claimed insights into the super-physical a strong foot in reality. 

17 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Mountains of paranormal evidence gives these claimed insights into the super-physical a strong foot in reality. 

Insights like demons cause mental illness.  Mountains of baseless claims born from magical thinking.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Insights like demons cause mental illness.  Mountains of baseless claims born from magical thinking.

I don't find paranormal entities causing mental problems a baseless claim at this point. I've read up on some stronger cases with plenty of  competent adult witnesses of paranormal events not explainable by any known science. The universe is indeed deeper than we see on the surface. Some don't like any revival of things last century tried to dismiss as superstitious nonsense to be disposed of by the great beacon of science. But oh well, the universe does these things anyway and much remains hidden from physical senses and instruments.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I don't find paranormal entities causing mental problems a baseless claim at this point. I've read up on some stronger cases with plenty of  competent adult witnesses of paranormal events not explainable by any known science.

Which kinda makes it baseless because all you've got are stories.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

The universe is indeed deeper than we see on the surface. Some don't like any revival of things last century tried to dismiss as superstitious nonsense to be disposed of by the great beacon of science. But oh well, the universe does these things anyway and much remains hidden from physical senses and instruments.

Yet somehow science has managed to explain phenomena without blaming the bogeyman.

• Like 3

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Yet somehow science has managed to explain phenomena without blaming the bogeyman.

Well I haven't heard a satisfactory scientific explanation for much of the paranormal at this time. Other planes of reality (as claimed to be experienced by many through psychic sensing) seems like it deserves its respect as a possibility. And your so-called bogeyman (super-physical entities in my terminology) would even be part of an expanded scientific understanding of reality that includes additional realms of nature.

47 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well I haven't heard a satisfactory scientific explanation for much of the paranormal at this time. Other planes of reality (as claimed to be experienced by many through psychic sensing) seems like it deserves its respect as a possibility. And your so-called bogeyman (super-physical entities in my terminology) would even be part of an expanded scientific understanding of reality that includes additional realms of nature.

I haven't of an explanation from you that can be supported.  You assert beings absorb negative vibrations, yet not one word of this has any foundation in reality.

When has science ever invoked beings to explain something?  As your entire thinking is contrary to the scientific method then these "super-physical entities" would not be part of scientific understanding.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

When has science ever invoked beings to explain something?  

Never, which could suggest why it has no explanations for mountains of paranormal phenomena? And actually it is postulated to be outside of what science can study with physical senses and instruments.

Science is great but limited. If that’s all you’re interested in then that’s your call. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Never, which could suggest why it has no explanations for mountains of paranormal phenomena? And actually it is postulated to be outside of what science can study with physical senses and instruments.

Science is great but limited. If that’s all you’re interested in then that’s your call. 

All you have though is belief not proof.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't find paranormal entities causing mental problems a baseless claim at this point. I've read up on some stronger cases with plenty of  competent adult witnesses of paranormal events not explainable by any known science. The universe is indeed deeper than we see on the surface. Some don't like any revival of things last century tried to dismiss as superstitious nonsense to be disposed of by the great beacon of science. But oh well, the universe does these things anyway and much remains hidden from physical senses and instruments.

Papa,

Do you believe mental issues/illness are the explanation for many paramormal claims?

41 minutes ago, the13bats said:

All you have though is belief not proof.

What I have is a preponderance of evidence.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Papa,

Do you believe mental issues/illness are the explanation for many paramormal claims?

Some. Our minds and those mental issues/illnesses are entwined with the astral/mental planes too. The mental includes the physical/astral/mental planes of nature,

• Like 1