Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Grandma sees ‘demon’ standing over granddaughter's bed

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

A woman is begging paranormal experts for help after she spotted a 'demon' standing over her granddaughter's bed.

Tory McKenzie, from Las Vegas, set up a motion-activated camera at her son Ryan's house after her two-year-old granddaughter Amber had begun talking to an unseen entity in the night.

Several days later, Tory checked the camera's footage and was horrified to spot a figure standing just inches away from her young granddaughter and seven-month old grandson Michael.

https://www.ladbible.com/community/weird-grandma-left-terrified-after-seeing-demon-standing-over-grandkids-b-20210315

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
joc

So...are we to believe then that Grandma never checks on her grand children in the middle of the night?  Of course she does.  That's why she set up the camera to begin with.  It appears that granny conveniently forgot that she checks on the kiddos every single night...so of course...granny is going to be in the motion detector sensors.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
37 minutes ago, joc said:

So...are we to believe then that Grandma never checks on her grand children in the middle of the night?  Of course she does.  That's why she set up the camera to begin with.  It appears that granny conveniently forgot that she checks on the kiddos every single night...so of course...granny is going to be in the motion detector sensors.

 

Got to doubt granny wouldn't recognize herself (most grannies are not shaped like that, LOL) or that any real person looks like that on their camera.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1

I've seen this picture before but without the accompanying background story which is essential.

So now I can do it!

Papameter Reading

Paranormal   75%      Real Person  10%        Hoax 15%

 

I would still be interested in hearing how their motion detection camera works. Does it take still photos only? How much time between them? Could the figure be determined to have disappeared unnaturally?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orphalesion

That's just her "Scary Godmother"

Every child has one.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam

Looks more like a mummy than a demon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
Posted (edited)

That's a person. Probably her. Too many dumb people out there with no concept of how tech functions - or maybe she knows and just wants attention.

Demon nonsense is nonsense.

 

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Posted (edited)

Interesting.

The "horns" are clearly actually part of  4 or more light sources like a miniature barcode , They aren't part of the figure at all.

Like wise the "claws" are clearly part of an overall  "background pattern"   which can be seen extending, laterally, along the side of the cot 

The rest is not clear enough to analyse 

However, IF the motion detector was set off, and the photo is untouched, it is almost certainly a physical  being in the room. Most probably a human.  To me it looks like a woman with reasonably short hair, wearing either a pants suit or night wear like loose pyjamas.

 The y dont appear to be wearing any shoes, lending credence to it being someone physically checking on the kids, rather than an intruder from  outside 

I don't think it is a deliberate hoax, as the discrepancies are too obvious for it to be that  

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
13 hours ago, Still Waters said:

In this link it shows a picture of grandma's face. She's only 41.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/grandma-spots-demon-standing-over-23721451

Thanks,

Manic panic hair, pieced face, FB/mirror post about "demons" no, she doesnt seem to desire attention from this :rolleyes:

And that ghastly hideous image, i dont see horns or claws or a demon i see a person with odd build and weird posture about to sit on a kid while looking up high on the wall.

Can i prove this isnt a demon? No, then again she sure hasnt proven to me it is, since this was a repeat visit perhaps the demon will be kind enough to photo bomb again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

 

Can i prove this isnt a demon? No, then again she sure hasnt proven to me it is, since this was a repeat visit perhaps the demon will be kind enough to photo bomb again.

I think the first question to ask is if it is paranormal.

The labeling of it as 'demon' or whatever is really a secondary question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think the first question to ask is if it is paranormal.

The labeling of it as 'demon' or whatever is really a secondary question.

Very fair and thoughtful, iirc the 41 yo gmother called it a "demon"

is it paranormal? Nope nothing to prove that so labelling it "demon" would be a reach, im waiting for the resident photo expert to give his opinion but i believe i know what it is just not ready to bray it out yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Very fair and thoughtful, iirc the 41 yo gmother called it a "demon"

is it paranormal? Nope nothing to prove that so labelling it "demon" would be a reach, im waiting for the resident photo expert to give his opinion but i believe i know what it is just not ready to bray it out yet.

I mean what are the normal possibilities besides hoax (and that possibility exists in every case; Papameter went 15% here). 

I would doubt there is any living person in the house that looks like that. It's too much to be pareidolia. 

Edited by papageorge1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Thanks,

Manic panic hair, pieced face, FB/mirror post about "demons" no, she doesnt seem to desire attention from this :rolleyes:

And that ghastly hideous image, i dont see horns or claws or a demon i see a person with odd build and weird posture about to sit on a kid while looking up high on the wall.

Can i prove this isnt a demon? No, then again she sure hasnt proven to me it is, since this was a repeat visit perhaps the demon will be kind enough to photo bomb again.

Indeed.  When I started reading the horrible stuff that woman is putting into those innocent's heads *before* this image was set up.....  I shall refrain from further comment on that aspect, other than to say the source is extremely suspect.

A coupla salient points:

Where are the other images?  If it's motion activated it should have taken a series of images - where are the rest?  If not, I'd at least want to see whatever is the image before and after.

There are no obvious signs of editing (but it's dead easy to hide any giveaway traces in greyscale), but the figure does look oddly 'soft' and ill-defined compared to all the textures of the rest of the image - it looks out of place... It would be an easy thing to fake, even if you knew nothing about image editing. 

 

Frankly I'm not prepared to put any further time into something presented by such an adamant believer.  There's no way I'd let her mind any pet ...

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

When pictures like this are posted one hurdle for me is my detailed brain and getting past stuff that isnt there like the horns and claws,

I also going by the story to scare these poor kids its a demon in there room, but its not yelling "boo" in fact it reminds me of my cat staring at nothing on the wall, this demon seems to have zero interest in the child, perhaps they could offer it a job as nanny.

The alleged demons right leg is at an odd twist as its whole body which is vaugely familiar to me,

When i first this it reminded me of packing tape ghosts, pictures of some of them.

We need more pieces to the puzzle and lets hope grandmother telling the kids a demon is after them doesnt scar them for life.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.