Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teen in Ghana stricken by 'magical' ring

Still Waters

A teenager in Ghana nearly lost his finger after he put on a friend's purportedly magical ring and then found that the cursed object would not come off.

According to a local media report, the strange case began last Friday in the community of Kasoa when Emmanuel Otabil was playing video games with a couple of companions and spotted the intriguing jewelry on a table. For reasons he can't explain, the young man immediately felt compelled to put the tempting piece on his finger. Alas, unbeknownst to him, the object was what is known in Ghana as a 'sakawa' ring in that it was made for "spiritual practices" and, as such, allegedly possessed some kind of supernatural characteristics.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/teen-in-ghana-stricken-by-magical-ring/

https://www.adomonline.com/teenager-who-wore-sakawa-ring-breaks-silence/

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

A teenager in Ghana nearly lost his finger after he put on a friend's purportedly magical ring and then found that the cursed object would not come off.

According to a local media report, the strange case began last Friday in the community of Kasoa when Emmanuel Otabil was playing video games with a couple of companions and spotted the intriguing jewelry on a table. For reasons he can't explain, the young man immediately felt compelled to put the tempting piece on his finger. Alas, unbeknownst to him, the object was what is known in Ghana as a 'sakawa' ring in that it was made for "spiritual practices" and, as such, allegedly possessed some kind of supernatural characteristics.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/teen-in-ghana-stricken-by-magical-ring/

https://www.adomonline.com/teenager-who-wore-sakawa-ring-breaks-silence/

I am one that believes such things exist and that some cultures have a tradition with these things.

With out a lot of depth in the story let's have the Papameter ring in:

Papameter Reading

Paranormal   65%     Normal    35%

• Haha 1

Its not one of Sauron's rings is it

Edited by MissJatti
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am one that believes such things exist and that some cultures have a tradition with these things.

With out a lot of depth in the story let's have the Papameter ring in:

Papameter Reading

Paranormal   65%     Normal    35%

giphy.gif&ehk=N3csPLHu2CGBjCXrFvC6SnfEk5

Paranormal? Um no.

People get rings stuck and panic i knew a girl that by the time she got to the ER  her finger was all swollen and purple and the ring appeared embedded into her finger.

They cut it off no problem and no spookies involved.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, the13bats said:

giphy.gif&ehk=N3csPLHu2CGBjCXrFvC6SnfEk5

Paranormal? Um no.

People get rings stuck and panic i knew a girl that by the time she got to the ER  her finger was all swollen and purple and the ring appeared embedded into her finger.

They cut it off no problem and no spookies involved.

Errr...sure. I don’t know that made international news though or had the cultural paranormal claims involved.

• Haha 2

This is about as dumb as a "paranormal" claim can get. Oh noes, cursed ring won't come off! It's the work of the devil! Jesus. Put some olive oil on your fat finger and shut up already.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Errr...sure. I don’t know that made international news though or had the cultural paranormal claims involved.

No, nikki wasnt gullible, naive enough to claim a tight ring was the work of the paranormal and just because something makes the news doesnt make it fact, real or even news worthy.

Whats more likely people stick a ring on their finger that is too tight or some paranormal force haunting rings makes them tight. 

Papa reply = fail.

• Like 2

Okay funny story,

In highscool my buddy rosetti takes my metal high level toy handcuffs home and clicks it down too tight ( no spookies involved ) he gets panicky goes to cut them with a hacksaw and it clicks tighter, he freaks out calls 911 i get to his house as paramedics are cutting the hand cuffs off, hilarious, again no spookies involved.

So he stole the ring, damaged the ring and will now get away with it by claiming it was the fault of the curse?  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

So he stole the ring, damaged the ring and will now get away with it by claiming it was the fault of the curse?  

Pretty much sums it up...rosetti did reolace my hand cuffs either.

• Like 1