Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Newfound treasures could rewrite history of China

Eldorado

Artefacts discovered in southwestern China suggest that the area was once home to an unknown civilisation whose existence may rewrite the history of China.

The treasures unearthed at the Sanxingdui site in Guangyuan, Sichuan, belonged to a highly-developed civilisation that may have lasted for thousands of years but never appeared in any historical records, said government researchers and officials in a press conference on Saturday.

A massive dig starting from 2019 unearthed more than 500 artefacts that were made from gold, bronze, jade and ivory more than 3,000 years ago, including a gold mask that may have been worn by a priest.

South China Post

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Piney

The existence of this unknown civilisation outside the traditional heartland suggests Chinese culture may have its roots in a fusion of different peoples

That's a given. 

• Like 3

Piney

@third_eye   I find it interesting that the mask not only looks Shang, but reflects that "Shaman- Shapeshifter" chromosomal disorder which gives a elfin, lupine look. 

• Like 2

third_eye
10 minutes ago, Piney said:

@third_eye   I find it interesting that the mask not only looks Shang, but reflects that "Shaman- Shapeshifter" chromosomal disorder which gives a elfin, lupine look. 

That's way over my head... 

I think the debate is still ongoing about this being shaman / religious or regal / ruler in the ceremonial sense

~

• Like 2

Piney
1 minute ago, third_eye said:

I think the debate is still ongoing about this being shaman / religious or regal / ruler in the ceremonial sense

Among many Northern Asians and NAs the religious and ruling caste is the same thing. Constant warfare does shift that into a soldier ruling caste though. A good example would be Japan. 

• Thanks 2

third_eye
53 minutes ago, Piney said:

Among many Northern Asians and NAs the religious and ruling caste is the same thing. Constant warfare does shift that into a soldier ruling caste though. A good example would be Japan. 

Or the Star and The sceptre? 

~

• Thanks 2