Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I have changed my mind, ancient humans were MUCH more advanced than us.

janesix

25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Psychic/channeled sources can reveal information that can't be investigated physically. 

In regards to the link you provided about Atlantis, how exactly is that information verified to be accurate?

The link reads like a fantasy novel.

Has even one detail of it been confirmed by any actually tangible evidence?

And if not, because as you stated above that these things cannot be investigated physically, what is the reason to believe what these sources claim?

If the extraordinary claims don't have anything to back them up then they should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Like 4

On 3/21/2021 at 7:17 PM, janesix said:

Um, no. Humanity is full of horrible people. Have you even opened a history book? 

No, we only fixate on the horrible people. The world is a mixture, there are now and have been some truly amazing wonderful people, they just are not reported on as much as the others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cladking said:

It's not the knowledge I believe can't be used but rather the means to acquire the knowledge and to frame it in one's mind.  The knowledge was formatted differently and would appear highly strange to us.  We use reductionism that employs taxonomies as the mnemonics to remember what we know and then much of our thinking is inductionistic in nature.   This formats knowledge in specific ways that are alien to ancient formatting.  For instance it sounds perfectly sensible to us to say "there are 3.2 rabbits per acre" but ancient formatting doesn't recognize "rabbits" and  numbers are 0 or 1.   To say the same thing would look odd to say the least but it would translate to " that which is rabbit occupies 1/ 3.2 acres.". Then to make it worse the math is cardinal instead of ordinal and there were no decimals.   "So instead of 1/ 3.2 acres  it would be "IIIII/ IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII acres" and, of course different units since there were no acres.   

It's not my contention that we can't have or use ancient knowledge merely that we can't generate it or even recognize it.   

My only point was that there was not only very extensive knowledge in the past but that each individual had access to all of it right in his thinking and that this knowledge necessarily manifested in everything he said and did.  Modern people see our beliefs rather than our knowledge.  We can't use ancient knowledge chiefly because it is lost.   We can't see ancient knowledge because we see what we believe instead.   There's nothing "wrong" with any knowledge but using ancient knowledge would be exceedingly difficult because it is so alien to our thinking.  

Its remarkable how far you've gone to make up stuff to try and support your fantasy version of Egypt and also make it out of reach.

The only thing I disagree with is that I believe nobody at all can use ancient knowledge today.   It's not a rare talent but non-existent though it could be recovered. 

"" I believe nobody at all can use ancient knowledge today.""

Yet you are using it above. given you made it up that isn't remarkable is it? Its also remarkable that in all your time traveling and living among the AE to pick up all these details.....LOL

Oh, 15 years and counting to...waiting for you to provide your research and data that supports all this made up grabbage..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, janesix said:

I know the math was different at least. I am learning a bit of how it works. Through bruce cathie. The ten and 60 base system (or, as I see it, the six and 1, or six around one, the basic pattern.) How do you know they thought differently?

Math is math, no matter what number system you use... binary, base 10, base 1,000 or whatever.

If math differed when you changed number bases, computers (which can only use the numbers 1 and 0) would have a very different type of math.  I know this, because I come from the generation of programmers where we had to sometimes do that math and instructions in binary code (AND/NAND/OR/NOR gates, they were called)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

LOL...I'm supposed to SHOW YOU  you about the possibility of life in the Pleiades. That's beyond my paygrade or anyone here's domain.

I think you are missing the point here. When I speak of psychic or channeled sources they are revealing things we can not directly detect or even investigate at this time. The premise is the source has real information beyond our scope of investigation. 

Now you are free to dismiss that link I supplied and all other channeled and psychic sources that give information we can not physically verify. As for me, I see too much similarity from diverse sources that I think it is likely something interesting is indeed going on.

Ah, the Pleiades aren't a place they are widely separated stars that only look like they are close to each other. You could start with that factor. That is a fact you can look up and learn.

Yes your sources are made up nonsense. Do they all agree? Do you just pick the one you like the best?

Rupert says they are wrong now what do you do?

The premise is the source has real information beyond our scope of investigation. 

Human imagination is not usually a good source for valid information especially when done for money and especially so when it contradicts itself. However, let me guess you pick the ones that you like and the rest are just wrong or more correctly just ignored by you? Isn't that true?

As for me, I see too much similarity from diverse sources that I think it is likely something interesting is indeed going on.

..because they copy from one another, why make up new stuff when people will pay good money to be told exactly the same thing. However I happen to know that its not all the same. The fact is that different sources disagree on basics - what alien species are good and which are evil, whether they are demons from other dimensions, etc, etc. All you are doing is cherry picking what you want from the barrel of wishes.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2590291121000206

Abstract

Unidentified Flying Objects (also called UFO) are usually related to the magical beliefs that accept the existence of extraterrestrial beings and alien abductions. Therefore, UFO experiences describe contacts with UFOs, extraterrestrial beings, covert alien visits and abductions. Although science provides enough advances that bet for the existence of life outside the earth, these experiences have been related and equated with paranormal beliefs under an integrative model given the magical content they manifest. The following paper presents a psychosocial study based on the statistical justification of the UFO Experiences Questionnaire (UFO-Q), which examines the underlying dimensions of UFO experiences and beliefs, as well as their social impact on the Spanish-speaking culture. The sample was of non-probabilistic convenience and consisted of 404 subjects selected from the Spanish general population. The Factorial Analyses confirmed that UFO experiences can be represented based on four dimensions: Extraterrestrial Beliefs (C1), Extraterrestrial Experiences (E1), Fearful Extraterrestrial Beliefs (T1) and Form Beliefs (C2). The analysis of items suggested that these beliefs could present two cognitive models: On the one hand, there is the magical-divergent model (irrational thinking), and on the other hand, there is also the critical-divergent (rational thinking). However, the Exploratory and Confirmatory Factor Analysis questioned both models because they only allowed the identification of the magical-divergent dimension (factor C2). This result invites us to review the validity of the integrative model that associate paranormal contents with extraterrestrial beliefs. Would it be possible that the relationship between both types of beliefs occurred only in the magical-divergent model?

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

LOL...I'm supposed to SHOW YOU  you about the possibility of life in the Pleiades. That's beyond my paygrade or anyone here's domain.

I think you are missing the point here. When I speak of psychic or channeled sources they are revealing things we can not directly detect or even investigate at this time. The premise is the source has real information beyond our scope of investigation. 

Now you are free to dismiss that link I supplied and all other channeled and psychic sources that give information we can not physically verify. As for me, I see too much similarity from diverse sources that I think it is likely something interesting is indeed going on.

I would just like to add to this for the sceptics in here.

I have never had a problem with people speculating in here. Yet time and again, I see posters like papgorge1 get jumped on for LINKS! to their assertions. :no:

Please, sceptics, you take some of the joy out of discussions in here. Creativity should not be stifled in here due to lack on LINKS. Sheeeesh. 

Ok, Jane, you don't read links which only show text, so here a video from a link I posted earlier (and then skip to 37:39 minutes into the video):

Or better: watch the whole thing. But at around 37:39 minutes the topic is Baalbek.

I'd like to hear your opinion. And take your time.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

All these hundreds of possible questions are beyond me. You would need to direct your questions to Metatron through the channeler. In fact I do know a kindred spirit of Metatron is Kryon who does take questions. I remember Kryon saying there is a huge quartz deep under Mt. Maga in Arkansas.

Now to sort through all the information I have seen and come to a best understanding would take me years. I probably will never get down to grasping much details. I just walk away with an overview.

Or you can read and see what scientists who have actual training in their respective fields have published. You have access and the ability to understand the hard data they have accumulated and packaged in summary reports. No need to talk to some charlatan "channeler" about crystals and such. Rubbish.

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Is what my evidence? Psychic/channeled sources can reveal information that can't be investigated physically

That is mighty convenient when making ridiculous and fantastical claims. That doesn't strike you as odd at all?

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I have never had a problem with people speculating in here. Yet time and again, I see posters like papgorge1 get jumped on for LINKS! to their assertions. :no:

Please, sceptics, you take some of the joy out of discussions in here. Creativity should not be stifled in here due to lack on LINKS. Sheeeesh. 

Creativity or blind faith and a childish and deliberate ignorance? 

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

heh of course they would fail at it.. the skills have been lost.. they did not have the same manpower that would be needed.. 

can we do it.. sure.. if you had the money to do it.. you could.. 

people seem to forget the ancient egyptians had a different mindset than we do.. remember.. they were making the pyramids for the living embodiment of their gods in other words.. the pharaoh.. we would be lucky to get the same kind of dedication out of a society in this day and age.. 

Hi DIngo. 

@Resume agrees with you about modern man not being as prepared. I think I have to agree, as training may take too long.

BTW, I did suggest trying this test with robots whose level of competence can be set. and I still say they fall flat on their mechanical bumpkins. My opinoin! :huh:

23 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes we all speculate here the problem with PG1 is he tries to use a self-created strawman view of science to enforce his idea that the reason we don't accept his beliefs is because we are fatally flawed in our thinking and just need to 'open our minds' to his beliefs. We or some hold, that no that isn't right we simply rely on the evidence, which is solely lacking in his ideas.

More importantly we've had exactly the same discussion many times before, so it is bothersome due to it sameness and predetermined end.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Math is math, no matter what number system you use... binary, base 10, base 1,000 or whatever.

If math differed when you changed number bases, computers (which can only use the numbers 1 and 0) would have a very different type of math.  I know this, because I come from the generation of programmers where we had to sometimes do that math and instructions in binary code (AND/NAND/OR/NOR gates, they were called)

Thank gosh a genius came around to school me. 

3 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Or you can read and see what scientists who have actual training in their respective fields. You have access and the ability to understand the hard data they have accumulated and packaged in summary reports. No need to talk to some charlatan "channeler" about crystals and such. Rubbish.

That is mighty convenient when making ridiculous and fantastical claims. That doesn't strike you as odd at all?

Religious style beliefs are all the same whether they are "gods", demons or UFO type aliens. It appears to be an intense belief and completely resistant to all counter-arguments ..... well because it is a belief.

Like my firm and unshakable belief in that I am not only taller and better looking than Harte but also favored more by small animals. There is not evidence to support my belief but I firmly believe it ture. That heretic Harte doesn't  agree with me which only shows how right I am!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, janesix said:

Oh, the snarky card eh?

I guess you don't really know her do you?

YCD2MUz.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, janesix said:

And what do you have to offer in return?

Still nothing?

Edit:

And those geniuses made it possible for you to communicate your fantasy to many, and to pretend you know something they, these same geniusses , don't.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

Religious style beliefs are all the same whether they are "gods", demons or UFO type aliens. It appears to be an intense belief and completely resistant to all counter-arguments ..... well because it is a belief.

Like my firm and unshakable belief in that I am not only taller and better looking than Harte but also favored more by small animals. There is not evidence to support my belief but I firmly believe it ture. That heretic Harte doesn't  agree with me which only shows how right I am!

I have no problem with beliefs or religion as it helps give people as sense of meaning and worth if they feel they need that. Believe and pray to who you want.  I run into issues when the at belief system uses patently false information is used to support their claims when talking about various topics outside of the or religion or faith system. Affixing unproveable mystical or god influenced factors to things makes it impossible to rationally discuss or debate.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Creativity or blind faith and a childish and deliberate ignorance? 

Now now now, c'mon, Trelane, you're supposed to be better than that.. "Childish"? "Deliberate Ignorance"?? :huh:  Totally uncalled for.

Trelane, you disappoint me. There are ways to disagree with a poster without insulting same. 

4 hours ago, janesix said:

I don't think it was aliens.

Then, FINALLY, tell us who they were.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, janesix said:

I know the math was different at least. I am learning a bit of how it works. Through bruce cathie. The ten and 60 base system (or, as I see it, the six and 1, or six around one, the basic pattern.) How do you know they thought differently?

Nobody has figured out their math yet.  I'm sure I haven't but I'm still working on it.   

They mustta thought differently in order to be willing to drag 6 1/2 million ton tombs up ramps for a dead king who lived forever.  I'd love to talk more about how they did think but it drives people crazy.   

Would you get excited and work extra hard to drag tombs for a king who could never die?   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Enjoy listening for the wind through the keyhole, tell me what secrets it tells you.

Angry. :no: Angry man.

32 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

It's quite telling even Cladking left this thread.

:lol:

He only came back to prove me wrong, haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5