Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guru claims he can magically multiply money

Eldorado

Police in Bekasi, West Java are investigating a so-called spiritual guru for possible fraud after he claimed he can magically multiply money.

Video footage of the self-proclaimed ustad (Islamic scholar/religious teacher), who is identified only by his initial H, performing his supposed miracle has gone viral.

In the video, H placed a piece of paper inside an empty black box before he put some spiritual props, including a jenglot (a deformed humanoid creature said to have supernatural powers), on top of the box. Some mantra recitation later, he opened the box, which is now filled with IDR100K (US$6.93) bills.

Coconuts

• Haha 7

okay, that just sucked out loud,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

jenglot (a deformed humanoid creature said to have supernatural powers)

@third_eye Is that the same thing as a Golden Boy? 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Not to my knowledge, if I'm not mistaken this is closer to the Malay equivalent of "toyol" 

A toyol or tuyul is an undead infant in South East Asian folklore. It appears in the mythology of Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Southern Thailand. It is invoked as a helper by shamans (dukun or bomoh) by the means of black magic.
en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki › Toyol

~

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Not to my knowledge, if I'm not mistaken this is closer to the Malay equivalent of "toyol" 

Like a Lenape Chiipai.  A suffering twisted infant's spirit. 

I had read a Golden Boy was also made with a infant's spirit, but not twisted by suffering. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

My take on it open for other opinions is its a gaff not unlike the mud people or devil children that were in a lot of slideshows,

images(53).jpg.e754df1a6a7e2d6397102568a5160d59.jpg

Ive seen them ranging im creativity from just "mud" and hay to appearing more akin to fiji mermaids in that they may use a rat or lizard in the constructions, always fake of course like the  Naree Pons of indian lore.

images(22).jpg.42ae2aaf8086c0c298b548681703fc28.jpg

Yeah, i admit i love that stuff.

• Like 4

Heres a toyol gaff,

OIP.-BllA8IFIk21_HbByz9c-gHaFj?w=186&h=1

And while i do like gaffs i do not get into "pickled punks" for sideshow gawking.

• Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Piney said:

Like a Lenape Chiipai.  A suffering twisted infant's spirit. 

I had read a Golden Boy was also made with a infant's spirit, but not twisted by suffering. 

Possible, I'm not that much into this kind of nonsense, the one I was most  intrigued with was... 

In Malaysian, Bruneian and Indonesian folklore, Orang bunian (Indonesian pronunciation: [o. raŋ bu.ni.an]) are supernatural beings said to be invisible to most humans, except those with "spiritual sight". While the term is often translated as "elves", it literally translates to "hidden people" or "whistling people".

Having had experience with living in the deep jungle for a spell I can attest to the effect these tales on the folks there... 

~

15 minutes ago, the13bats said:

And while i do like gaffs i do not get into "pickled punks" for sideshow gawking.

There's a long history of grave robbers targeting infant burials just for this nasty little superstitious belief in the past... 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Possible, I'm not that much into this kind of nonsense, the one I was most  intrigued with was... 

Having had experience with living in the deep jungle for a spell I can attest to the effect these tales on the folks there... 

~

There's a long history of grave robbers targeting infant burials just for this nasty little superstitious belief in the past... 

~

Sadly, there was a time that a sideshow operator would pay a lot for a deformed fetus or stillborn stick it in a jar for display, i do not mind that at a doctor's college for teaching but not for entertainment.

• Thanks 2