Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

U.S. “stabbed Israel in the back” says traitor

Eldorado
Posted (edited)

Jonathan Pollard, an American who served a 30-year sentence for spying for Israel, defends his actions in his first interview since arriving in Israel late last year. He says America had “stabbed Israel in the back” by withholding intelligence from its ally.

In excerpts from the interview with the Israel Hayom daily published Monday, Pollard describes his happiness at being a free man in Israel while expressing regret that he was not able to father children because of his incarceration.

Full article at the Seattle Times: Link

At the Israel Hayom: Link

Pollard: Wikipedia

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

Wistman
54 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Jonathan Pollard, an American who served a 30-year sentence for spying for Israel, defends his actions in his first interview since arriving in Israel late last year. He says America had “stabbed Israel in the back” by withholding intelligence from its ally.

In excerpts from the interview with the Israel Hayom daily published Monday, Pollard describes his happiness at being a free man in Israel while expressing regret that he was not able to father children because of his incarceration.

Full article at the Seattle Times: Link

At the Israel Hayom: Link

Pollard: Wikipedia

Never mind about the USS Liberty.  Never happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wistman
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, and then said:

A little much-needed perspective:

https://www.jonathanpollard.org/sentences.htm

Thanks for the charts from Jonathon Pollard's own site.  I really enjoyed the bit about the US Government considering China to be an ally.  As to Pollard's whining, cry me a river.  The traitor.

Edited by The Wistman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Hankenhunter
Posted (edited)

Traitors gonna traitor. Conservatives to echo in 3. 2. 1....

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

Wistman

Under Israeli law:   

PENAL LAW 5737-1977

Article Two: Treason

Impairment of sovereignty or integrity of the State

97. (a) If a person commits an act liable to impair the sovereignty of the State with the intention to impair that sovereignty, then he is liable to the death penalty or to life imprisonment.

(b) If a person commits an act liable to remove any area from the sovereignty of the State or to place it under the sovereignty of a foreign state with the intention to bring that about, then he is liable to the death penalty or to life imprisonment.

https://www.nevo.co.il/law_html/law150/laws of the state of israel-31a.pdf

• Thanks 3

Occupational Hubris

Is anyone suprised andthen supports a convicted traitor?

• Thanks 5

and then
5 hours ago, The Wistman said:

Thanks for the charts from Jonathon Pollard's own site.  I really enjoyed the bit about the US Government considering China to be an ally.  As to Pollard's whining, cry me a river.  The traitor.

Yeah... lots of "traitors" though and that link had no LIE in it.  He did 3X the sentence of others who committed the same crime.  While you're polishing those boots for your heroes in DC, be sure not to miss a spot, they don't tend to be forgiving to their servants.  

and then
3 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Is anyone suprised andthen supports a convicted traitor?

I'd appreciate you getting up off my back on this site.  I think the other members get the fact that you have a problem with me.  Personal attacks tend to be frowned on and you've already exceeded your limit, Francis.  

Occupational Hubris
1 hour ago, and then said:

I'd appreciate you getting up off my back on this site.  I think the other members get the fact that you have a problem with me.  Personal attacks tend to be frowned on and you've already exceeded your limit, Francis.  

You came at me first, bud. Several times. 

Don't start none won't be none. 

Beside that, nothing I've said is a lie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the13bats
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, and then said:

Speaking not for "other members" but myself

With the hate filled rhetoric youve posted over the last year or so playing victim does suit you at all, if you dish it out....

You know you might feel more at home on parlar.

Edited by the13bats
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Wistman
12 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah... lots of "traitors" though and that link had no LIE in it.  He did 3X the sentence of others who committed the same crime.  While you're polishing those boots for your heroes in DC, be sure not to miss a spot, they don't tend to be forgiving to their servants.  

Are you addressing me?  Keep your scurrilous characterizations to yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hammerclaw
20 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah, well he got off a lot better than thirty-four dead sailors on the USS Liberty, deliberately attacked, according to the survivors, by the Israeli Air Force and Navy during the Six Day War.. So you go back and polish boots in Tel Aviv. Nobody served time for that, at all. The Jews just paid gold for the blood they spilled.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

and then
19 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

You came at me first, bud. Several times. 

Don't start none won't be none. 

Beside that, nothing I've said is a lie.

I'm not talking about differences of opinion.  I'm talking about specifically calling people out to insult them.  I don't care if you disagree with me.  You're entitled to believe as you wish but you aren't entitled to make it personal, over and over.  I've said my piece.  On ignore you go.  Let others enjoy your attitude.

and then
44 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

So you go back and polish boots in Tel Aviv.

These days there seem to be more there worth polishing than the Marxist crowd in DC.  Thanks for the advice.  I make no excuses for calling out those who don't bother to try to hide the hate that underpins everything about Israel.  Tell you what, let's split the cash our dear government has paid to victims, shall we?  Hypocrisy is ugly, no matter who engages in it.

and then
8 hours ago, The Wistman said:

Are you addressing me?  Keep your scurrilous characterizations to yourself.

Open forum beats out inflated ego every time.  You do think a lot of yourself, don't you?  :whistle:

• Confused 1

Gromdor

It seems to me that the reason for his long sentence is his blatant admission of guilt compounded with his complete lack of remorse.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Occupational Hubris
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, and then said:

I'm not talking about differences of opinion.  I'm talking about specifically calling people out to insult them.  I don't care if you disagree with me.  You're entitled to believe as you wish but you aren't entitled to make it personal, over and over.  I've said my piece.  On ignore you go.  Let others enjoy your attitude.

All I've done is call you out on the content of your posts. If you see that as me insulting you, well, that says more about the content you post than anything I've said. 

Edited by Occupational Hubris
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

DingoLingo
On 3/23/2021 at 9:30 AM, and then said:

you've already exceeded your limit, Francis.  

Oi .. nothing wrong with the name Francis.. I've had it for 51 years now lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

and then
1 hour ago, DingoLingo said:

Oi .. nothing wrong with the name Francis.. I've had it for 51 years now lol

No offense intended ;)  It's actually a reference to an old Bill Murray movie called "STRIPES".  It was a line from a drill sergeant about a recruit who was, er, a little "INTENSE"  :w00t:

DingoLingo
3 hours ago, and then said:

No offense intended ;)  It's actually a reference to an old Bill Murray movie called "STRIPES".  It was a line from a drill sergeant about a recruit who was, er, a little "INTENSE"  :w00t:

Loved that movie.. 

• Like 1

Wistman
15 hours ago, and then said:

Open forum beats out inflated ego every time.  You do think a lot of yourself, don't you?  :whistle:

Projecting again.  Why don't you have a drink or something to clear up the fog of your recovery, weak shins.

• Like 1

Saru

Thread closed for moderator review.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2