Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police apprehend 'plague doctor' in Scotland

UM-Bot

He hasn't done anything wrong, that is why the Police never arrested him and instead offered him advice.
The advice was probably as much about intimidating young children near schools and his own protection and safety from how others may react to him walking around near places like schools where vulnerable people are.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I'm surprised a mob never lynched him.

Why would a mob lynch him? WTF? :blink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Why would a mob lynch him? WTF? :blink:

For hanging around schools looking creepy.  All it takes is for one person to yell, "He's a paedo!" and the guy would be at severe risk of being beaten senseless.

1 hour ago, ExoPaul said:

The advice was probably as much about intimidating young children near schools and his own protection and safety from how others may react to him walking around near places like schools where vulnerable people are.

But he's wearing a mask!

• Haha 3

I never understand why police investigate these instances where no crime has been committed and noone harmed in any way

• Like 2

“Ruin has come to our family.

You remember our venerable house, opulent and imperial, gazing proudly from its stoic perch above the moor.

I lived all my years in that ancient rumor-shadowed manor, fattened by decadence and luxury. And yet, I began to tire of... conventional extravagance. Singular unsettling tales suggested the mansion itself was a gateway to some fabulous and unnameable power.

With relic and ritual, I bent every effort towards the excavation and recovery of those long buried secrets, exhausting what remained of our family fortune on... swarthy workmen and... sturdy shovels. At last, in the salt-soaked crags beneath the lowest foundations, we unearthed that damnable portal of antediluvian evil. Our every step unsettled the ancient earth, but we were in a realm of death and madness! In the end, I alone fled, laughing and wailing, through those blackened arcades of antiquity, until consciousness failed me.

You remember our venerable house, opulent and imperial. It is a festering abomination! I beg you, return home, claim your birthright, and deliver our family from the ravenous clutching shadows [hammer cocks, gunshot, loud thud sound]... of the Darkest Dungeon.”

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 11:45 AM, Hugh Mungus said:

I never understand why police investigate these instances where no crime has been committed and no one harmed in any way

'Cuz they're bored and probably feel the need to harass someone to make themselves look important.

I think the costume was kinda cool myself. Never get to see a good Plague Doctor roaming around anymore

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...