Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1970s 'Mothman' photograph surfaces

UM-Bot

A black bear in mid climb.  Nose pointed up. 

Front arms reaching around the trunk, about to pull his hind legs up for another scootch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Obviously a black bear. Anyone could tell honestly.

• Like 4

Yeah, piney wins this one,

OIP.EVpAoAi-zXAvqXIp_m9pxAHaID?w=193&h=2

And this lit off another boring bats anecdote.

Long after my parents divorced my mother told this tale and when i asked my dad to recall it to my surprise their stories pretty much matched.

Before i was born in 64 my mother and father were fishing in a small boat on some floriduh river.

As they rounded a bend mom sees and alerts dad to a creature about 15 feet up in a mosty bald tree not far off shore my mom thought bear cub but dad said he didnt think so,  my dad had both a small gasoline engine and homemade ekectric trolling motor on this little aluminum flat boat.

He headed towards shore for a closer look, the boat struck something underwater and my dad said the creature turned its head in shock to look at them so scared as it didnt know anyone was around it partly jumped partly fell from the tree but dad said that is was unquestionable a chimp my mom called it "cheeta" as from Tarzan.

Both agreed chimp.

To me it was a great example of an escaped or turned out ape living in the wild...skunk ape if you will.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

It looks like a dangling bear cub who lost his footing!! :rolleyes:

Piney to the rescue. Mystery solved. Go home everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

That looks possible HOWEVER from the article: he said he took a photo and then the creature leapt from the tree and flew off into the wooded area,

• Haha 3

I've updated the story with some additional information, looks like it's a hoax - the image is from a video clip of a bear climbing a tree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

A psychic source I respect, Erik Medhus, was in telepathic contact with a Mothman creature. Upshot is they are refugees from another planet that could no longer support them. There were five and one has died. They can not reproduce in earth's environment so this is sadly the end of the line although they can live a very long time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Well, 

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That looks possible HOWEVER from the article: he said he took a photo and then the creature leapt from the tree and flew off into the wooded area,

Well, flying is still falling, its just that there are also aerodynamics involved

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Piney said:

yup. I saw "bear", too. The size is lost to us since we don't know (end never will know) the size of the tree(s)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Please go read sarus update, its a hoax, it flying was made up, a clever debunker found orginal footage, go look and then say its still really mothman

• Like 3

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Please go read sarus update, its a hoax, it flying was made up, a clever debunker found orginal footage, go look and then say its still really mothman

I saw the update. Looks like this is from that black bear video then and a hoax.

• Thanks 1

The fatal hints:

• Unanimous donor of pic
  • location of pic not known
  • photographer deceased 
  • other eyewitness deceased 

Any questions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

A psychic source I respect, Erik Medhus, was in telepathic contact with a Mothman creature. Upshot is they are refugees from another planet that could no longer support them. There were five and one has died. They can not reproduce in earth's environment so this is sadly the end of the line although they can live a very long time.

Papa, you better move on to writing science-fiction books. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I thought erik medhus killed himself and the people who channel him also channel,

Jesus, Hitler, Buddy Holly, John Lennon, Billie Holliday. Any celebrity you want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I thought erik medhus killed himself and the people who channel him also channel,

Jesus, Hitler, Buddy Holly, John Lennon, Billie Holliday. Any celebrity you want.

They don’t channel famous people actually. Erik arranges interviews with them on the other side and telepathic communication occurs.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

They don’t channel famous people actually. Erik arranges interviews with them on the other side and telepathic communication occurs.

Yeah right, good luck with that.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yeah right, good luck with that.

It can happen in my understanding of reality.

• The topic was locked