Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1970s 'Mothman' photograph surfaces

UM-Bot

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

I agree, you don't want to believe that's happening.

I agree, you want to believe it is all quackery

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I agree, you want to believe it is all quackery

The mental gymnastics needed to support it kind of suggests it's quackery. 

• Like 3

Papa...why did erik off himself?

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Papa...why did erik off himself?

Sounds like depression

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

The mental gymnastics needed to support it kind of suggests it's quackery. 

It's challenging new concepts not gymnastics

This whole thing, it could be a sitcom a show like being human, who could play erik,? i know Chandler riggs.

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Any proof of claims?

Just now, papageorge1 said:

It's like dodge ball, except the ball is logic and you're doing everything you can to avoid it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, the13bats said:

This whole thing, it could be a sitcom a show like being human, who could play erik,? i know Chandler riggs.

An dead guy interviewing aliens... papageorge1 would think it's a documentary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Here are all the Details

The Mothman

Fascinating stuff to me.

Interesting from what I can find Erik himself did not claim to have any psychic abilities before his death.  Yet now he is an interviewer of the dead and alien lifeforms.  A lot of the information given appears to have already been known ie Chernobyl and Silver Bridge and the rest is debatable as we cannot substantiate what was said.  

I wonder why they were not seen prior to 1966, no account of one being spotted near Pompeii. Do they know foreshadow natural disasters?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I wonder why they were not seen prior to 1966

They are secretive and the West Virginia case was just the first to go viral in the mass media age of the U.S.. I suspect there have been the odd sightings like Bigfoot going way back. 

37 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

no account of one being spotted near Pompeii.

We only know sensationalized cases from the media.

39 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Do they know foreshadow natural disasters?

It sounds like they try to forewarn us but like Elisa said in the interview we need more details before we know what to act on.

1 hour ago, Resume said:

Cold reading, hot reading . . .  any decent magician knows some mentalist tricks.

Should add Barnum statements to this; also post-dictions.

59 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

They are secretive and the West Virginia case was just the first to go viral in the mass media age of the U.S.. I suspect there have been the odd sightings like Bigfoot going way back. 

We only know sensationalized cases from the media.

It sounds like they try to forewarn us but like Elisa said in the interview we need more details before we know what to act on.

If I am being honest nothing in the interview stood out to me as anything other than a bid for a bit of fame. 

However, if Erik can communicate with them and the living (his mother) I look forward to hearing the accurate (before the fact) warnings about future disasters.  I'm sure the Moth men would be happy to share their knowledge with him to help save life's.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TashaMarie said:

If I am being honest nothing in the interview stood out to me as anything other than a bid for a bit of fame. 

However, if Erik can communicate with them and the living (his mother) I look forward to hearing the accurate (before the fact) warnings about future disasters.  I'm sure the Moth men would be happy to share their knowledge with him to help save life's.

I'm not Erik or a mothman or anything, but I can tell you that the Yellowstone Caldera is going to erupt.  Be careful people!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

Mothman as john keel said was folklore in the making, if one goes back to the orginal reported encounters the cemetery workers claimed they saw some fly over, really no details or nothing epic and not necessary even related to later mothman claims, then a car load of young people out joy riding partying claim to see a creature and heres an early sketch...

mothman.jpg.6ec4ae222d0c9e78ce15c5339c9b1954.jpg

Aside from the climed size it sure seems to be a great example of an angry owl.

Mothman would have been done then and there and no bigger than "dover demon" if not for a likeable wannabee beatnik writer who became mothmans publicist, he baited and salted witnesses and was know to embellish or out right make up stuff with no sources to him claims.

It was keel who connected mothman to the colaspe of the silver bridge and after that very real tragedy the people of point pleasent moved on from the folklore of mothman and the related ufo paranormal claims.

Zero proof or even any evidence mothman ever predicted anything, and on that whole prediction thing, as Penn jillette said when speacking of the subject of prediction and 9-11, and i paraphase, he said there could be no greater definition of evil than to know before hand of an event like 9-11 and do nothing to try to stop it, he went on to predict a plane would crash in the next year and people would sadly die.

As far as erik goes, its just too far down the rabbithole of make believe delusion for me to waste much time on it,  even keel who had a grand imagination didnt say mothman was an alien who spoke to or through the dead,

unless a believer in erik the dead channeler come forward with even a shread of proof of claims ill just look at it as the way a grieving mother copes with her son killing himself, or if someone says she makes $$$ off it then ill place it on par with the warrens.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, the13bats said:

unless a believer in erik the dead channeler come forward with even a shread of proof of claims ill just look at it as the way a grieving mother copes with her son killing himself, or if someone says she makes $$$ off it then ill place it on par with the warrens.

This is the first paragraph of her mothman interview...

O.M.G. thank you so much, peeps, for your generous donations! I’m so grateful to you for stepping up and helping me with some of the expenses of Channeling Erik, especially now that I’m going to start paying liveparanormal for the radio show. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

This is the first paragraph of her mothman interview...

O.M.G. thank you so much, peeps, for your generous donations! I’m so grateful to you for stepping up and helping me with some of the expenses of Channeling Erik, especially now that I’m going to start paying liveparanormal for the radio show. 

lol.gif.d96299663c888fa71041ad7914249d79.gifrofl.gif.1524f77ffa58d4f9a9e5523b2e15035f.gifsmilielol5(2).gif.1034bd5f5351f2f7cec8082f5fa4943d.gifspit.gif.c6e7abeaa40fcb7ce88269922e5d3490.gifskep.gif.a91d08cfaf9402cd74fa8201ce1a8543.giflaughing6(2).gif.eef7f535a6a700aecb9701e4c125fefd.gif

Thank you SS...that wraps up the erik bs.

Perhaps ill just say, puts the last nail in the coffin...( that was bad even for me )

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why would someone do this? Pathetic. Wasn’t even a good try. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

A psychic source I respect, Erik Medhus, was in telepathic contact with a Mothman creature. Upshot is they are refugees from another planet that could no longer support them. There were five and one has died. They can not reproduce in earth's environment so this is sadly the end of the line although they can live a very long time.

Bro, you know I got nothing but love for ya, but come on man. I usually support and often agree that many stories have a level, sometimes even a strong level of possibility. 

Back when, years ago, I went through all the interviews, read the book etc, and I believe it’s very possible some strange things happened in Point Pleasant Virginia. Absolutely fascinating. But this is just too much.  

• Like 2

I was very fascinated with mothman when i first heard about it so I too did a lot of personal information seeking on mothman and the only strange things i can subscribe to is how many people jumped on the "me too" bandwagon, the embellishments and blantant made up stuff was pretty wild and i do place blame or give credit for a lot of it on john keel.

Later researchers would go there and quickly learn just how mundain it really was, pretty much mothman ended when keel left town.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Bro, you know I got nothing but love for ya, but come on man. I usually support and often agree that many stories have a level, sometimes even a strong level of possibility. 

Back when, years ago, I went through all the interviews, read the book etc, and I believe it’s very possible some strange things happened in Point Pleasant Virginia. Absolutely fascinating. But this is just too much.  

I think what Erik said is quite likely to be accurate because of my respect for the source. Think about it, any Mothman explanation beyond just hoax/misidentification would stretch our credulity. So does every paranormal/alien/crypto explanation on any case stretch people's credulity.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think what Erik said is quite likely to be accurate because of my respect for the source. Think about it, any Mothman explanation beyond just hoax/misidentification would stretch our credulity. So does every paranormal/alien/crypto explanation on any case stretch people's credulity.

But, but, but, a channeled dead kid talking to aliens from the other side sounds so very credible . skep.gif.a91d08cfaf9402cd74fa8201ce1a8543.gif

No it is not a stretch of credibility to explain things in non paranormal ways this thread is a great example, you believed a picture of a bear in a tree likely was paranormal with your respect of the source story saying so.

Then when it was proven beyond doubt or question it was a bear climbing a tree you reluctantly accepted that it was a bear so the claims of it flying away were a fib part of a hoax story, not the first hoax you fell for.

So your falling for this story is a stretch to your credibility and unbiased objectivity but your belief some dead kid channels aliens claiming to be mothmen is just beyond words how bad it kills your credibility, perhaps you can get erik to channel your credibility from the other side that or simply present proof of your claims.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

But, but, but, a channeled dead kid talking to aliens from the other side sounds so very credible . skep.gif.a91d08cfaf9402cd74fa8201ce1a8543.gif

No it is not a stretch of credibility to explain things in non paranormal ways this thread is a great example, you believed a picture of a bear in a tree likely was paranormal with your respect of the source story saying so.

Then when it was proven beyond doubt or question it was a bear climbing a tree you reluctantly accepted that it was a bear so the claims of it flying away were a fib part of a hoax story, not the first hoax you fell for.

So your falling for this story is a stretch to your credibility and unbiased objectivity but your belief some dead kid channels aliens claiming to be mothmen is just beyond words how bad it kills your credibility, perhaps you can get erik to channel your credibility from the other side that or simply present proof of your claims.

I believe Erik can indeed research such subjects from the perspective of the other side. No explanation beyond hoax/misidentification wouldn't be mocked by the narrow minded. I believe Erik's explanation is at least the most believable I've heard based on my respect for the source.

I do believe in the Mothman regardless of that photo, but I had little opinion about that photograph if you bother to check.

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked