Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1970s 'Mothman' photograph surfaces

UM-Bot

This pretty clearly looks like a North American Black  Bear to me. They can climb trees quite easily which a larger Brown Bear cannot. This is NOT Mothman. This is a black bear. Mothman lives in an apartment overlooking the center of Wheeling, West Virginia. Everyone knows that. 

• Like 1

Interesting how PG has been able to get everyone derailed talking about mediums and such. They are no more likely real or reliable than the fabled mothman. A creature that there is zero evidence of in the fossil record. Both are a tremendous waste of time and bandwidth.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

I expected this reply,

Ive heard it countless times people in your same mindset, these charlatans earn a living this way, i wish you had a recording of it to listen again.

In over 40 years not one of countless psychics ever proved to me anything, never got any name not even common ones,

Its illusion at its best.

That's what I heard it on, a recording, several times. I never saw this women. 

ETA, I'm not in any "mind set" I don't even care about the subject. You are the only one in a mind set, so much so you haven't actually heard at least half of what I've said.  

Edited by preacherman76

17 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Interesting how PG has been able to get everyone derailed talking about mediums and such. They are no more likely real or reliable than the fabled mothman. A creature that there is zero evidence of in the fossil record. Both are a tremendous waste of time and bandwidth.

mm we are big boys, responsible for our own actions. Blaming the direction of this conversation on him is silly.  

57 minutes ago, TomBarnes said:

This pretty clearly looks like a North American Black  Bear to me. They can climb trees quite easily which a larger Brown Bear cannot. This is NOT Mothman. This is a black bear. Mothman lives in an apartment overlooking the center of Wheeling, West Virginia. Everyone knows that. 

yep. No doubt.

28 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

That's what I heard it on, a recording, several times. I never saw this women. 

ETA, I'm not in any "mind set" I don't even care about the subject. You are the only one in a mind set, so much so you haven't actually heard at least half of what I've said.  

You were not there so no way to claim you know as fact what conversation took place before they pressed "rec". So yeah.

If i heard this recording my take away might be very different to yours.

45 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Very true very well said not only did pop derail but went full blown looney with it and got me dragged in, so i do not waste anymore time im done here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You were not there so no way to claim you know as fact what conversation took place before they pressed "rec". So yeah.

If i heard this recording my take away might be very different to yours.

there was no conversation before hand. The person who recommended she see this women told her to record the whole thing, cause she was going to want to here it again. The recording started with their introduction to each other. Then my cousin told her she’d be recording the session. 

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Very true very well said not only did pop derail but went full blown looney with it and got me dragged in, so i do not waste anymore time im done here.

Papa didn’t make you do anything. Own your ****. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

there was no conversation before hand. The person who recommended she see this women told her to record the whole thing, cause she was going to want to here it again. The recording started with their introduction to each other. Then my cousin told her she’d be recording the session. 

Papa didn’t make you do anything. Own your ****. 

You are speculating to suit your opinion, and papa did derail this thread practice your preaching own your bs,

Guess you missed where i said "later dude" no more wasting time in this thread for me.

Just now, the13bats said:

You are speculating to suit your opinion, and papa did derail this thread practice your preaching own your bs,

Guess you missed where i said "later dude" no more wasting time in this thread for me.

No you are assuming things to suit your opinion. 

Papas post was completely on topic, though it was a hard left turn. It was about moth man. You are the one who ran off on a tangent about how you don’t believe in psychics. 

You are a grown man. No one made you do anything. You are not a victim of papas powers of persuasion. That’s pathetic to say. 

Heck papa wasn’t even talking to you. He was talking to me. You butted in, and ran way from the topic. 

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Bye 

Bye 

When you keep quoting me it pops up in my alerts,

You sure do obsess over me a lot, flattering yet creepy.

You are acting really oddly im just going to add you to my "ignore" list.

There, done.

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

When you keep quoting me it pops up in my alerts,

You sure do obsess over me a lot, flattering yet creepy.

You are acting really oddly im just going to add you to my "ignore" list.

There, done.

I thought you were leaving?

Lol I obsess? You are the one still coming back after your dramatic departure. 

Edited by preacherman76

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

mm we are big boys, responsible for our own actions. Blaming the direction of this conversation on him is silly.  

Clearly his responses is what veered it off into this nether realm of nonsense. Arguing ad infinitum on non thread related material is equally silly.;)

Edited by Trelane
  • Thanks 2

BTW for the crowd since I’m now being ignored (as if) when you treat someone like they are an idiot, you are going to get these types of responses. 

Just now, Trelane said:

Arguing ad infinitum on no thread related material is equally silly.;)

Well someone had to point it out. Watching people unfairly blaming someone just isn’t in my nature. Especially when I consider that person a friend. 

2 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Clearly his responses is what veered it off into this nether realm of nonsense. Arguing ad infinitum on non thread related material is equally silly.;)

So what? He didn’t make anyone say or do anything. Heck his post was still somewhat on topic. 

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

<respectful snip>

And again, this women never even knew our last name. 

That you know of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

BTW for the crowd since I’m now being ignored (as if) when you treat someone like they are an idiot, you are going to get these types of responses. 

If the person gives idiotic responses then that is how they will be addressed. If someone defends lazy, idiotic behavior and enables non-productive discussions/debates then they will be addressed accordingly as well. All within the rules of the forums of course.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Trelane said:

If the person gives idiotic responses then that is how they will be addressed. If someone defends lazy, idiotic behavior and enables non-productive discussions/debates then they will be addressed accordingly as well.

What idiotic responses did I give. I was just explaining to him what my experience was, respectfully. He is the one that insisted I was basically an idiot. What exactly are you talking about here? 

6 minutes ago, Resume said:

That you know of.

Guess ya had to be there ;)

What idiotic responses did I give. I was just explaining to him what my experience was, respectfully. He is the one that insisted I was basically an idiot. What exactly are you talking about here? 

*sighs*

It was a broad, general statement not specifically directed at anyone or any specific thread. I've grown weary of the "big brothers/sisters" that allow and/or defend the nonsense derailments of threads. There have been a few (probably more) where there's a healthy discussion going on (certainly not this one) and then one poster (non specific) comes in and engages in "seagull posting".

I'm all for individuals having an opinion.  However, if they state something as a factual item have the common respect and courtesy to be able to substantiate items.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Again, hot reading could explain it.  

http://skepdic.com/hotreading.html

Hot reading is a technique used by psychics, mediums, palm readers, and the like that involves surreptitiously gaining information from clients. For example, a medium who claims to get messages from the dead will chat up the audience members before a performance and gather information from them. Later, when the psychic does a reading and seems to make contact with a young man's mother, even the young man won't remember that he told the psychic before the show that he wanted to connect with his mother . . . 

Hot reading can be done a number of different ways; these can easily be demonstrated, whereas actual mediumship, not so much.  Also, how can you rule out a lucky guess? The law of large numbers tells us something like that could happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Resume said:

Again, hot reading could explain it.  

http://skepdic.com/hotreading.html

Hot reading can be done a number of different ways; these can easily be demonstrated, whereas actual mediumship, not so much.  Also, how can you rule out a lucky guess? The law of large numbers tells us something like that could happen.

Again, I'm more than aware of fraudulent psychics.  

Lucky guess? That the guy would have a dead sister who's nic name was bug? Come on. I've never heard anyone have that nic name in my life aside from her. 

Edited by preacherman76

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Again, I'm more than aware of fraudulent psychics.  

As I am.  They call themselves mediums.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked