Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK cops barred from searching Queen's estates

Eldorado

Police have been barred from searching the Queen’s private estates for stolen or looted artefacts after ministers granted her a personal exemption from a law that protects the world’s cultural property, the Guardian can reveal.

Buckingham Palace and the government are refusing to say why it was deemed necessary in 2017 to give the Queen an exemption that prevents police from searching Balmoral and Sandringham.

A spokesperson for the Queen dismissed any suggestion that stolen or looted artefacts were being held on the monarch’s private estates.

Full story at the Guardian: Link

• Like 3

Unbelievable! :angry:

• Like 3

Suspicions should have been raised when the nuclear bunker at Windsor Castle was renamed 'The Nazi Gold Room'. :yes:

• Haha 9

That headline needs work.  I thought it would be a story about crops wanting to search the queen's estates.   

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That headline needs work.  I thought it would be a story about crops wanting to search the queen's estates.   

:lol:  Obviously I am having trouble reading today.

• Haha 3

I think we can be fairly certain that royal estates are full of gifts from around the world given to the monarchy by far traveling nobility that would probably be considered looted by todays overblown standards.  

• Like 2

It was Andrew. He's pinched a fair few bottoms in his time.

The Amber Room, I tell ya!

:lol: