Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Crazy Horse

Why Are We Here?

977 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Crazy Horse

Why are we here, is there even a reason, is there some point or end goal to achieve?

Or are we merely atoms coming together for awhile, infused with life, before going our separate ways?

My view, unsurprisingly, is based upon a spiritual ideal.

Which is - we are here to know, and to Unite with GOD.

And this being the case, I would also ask, how may we attain such a thing?

All genuine points and views are welcome. Atheistic, agnostic, religious or spiritual.

Do you have a reason for living, and if so, how do you intend to realise that?

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bendy Demon

Do you have a reason for living, and if so, how do you intend to realize that?

I don't have an ultimate reason for existing other than biological processes. Aside from that we have various 'reasons' for living which are fulfilled during the day. Working, paying exorbitant taxes and cost of existing, taking care of family, pets, etc. Learning stuff.

I am not here to impress a metaphorical concept; I try to treat people fairly and monitor my attitudes towards things in general and not let my vision get clouded by hate, animosity or suchwhat.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

Once in the 80's the reason we are here came to me.  It was so simple and obvious that I was surprised we all weren't already aware of this.  In the morning after the drugs had worn off I couldn't remember.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
4 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

Do you have a reason for living, and if so, how do you intend to realize that?

I don't have an ultimate reason for existing other than biological processes. Aside from that we have various 'reasons' for living which are fulfilled during the day. Working, paying exorbitant taxes and cost of existing, taking care of family, pets, etc. Learning stuff.

I am not here to impress a metaphorical concept; I try to treat people fairly and monitor my attitudes towards things in general and not let my vision get clouded by hate, animosity or suchwhat.

Sure, we all have the usual, mundane things to do during the day, which shouldn't be taken for granted in my opinion..

Taking care of the little things in life, and doing them well, is in my opinion the absolute foundation of a happy existence.

And so, would happiness and contentment be an over-all goal for you?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Once in the 80's the reason we are here came to me.  It was so simple and obvious that I was surprised we all weren't already aware of this.  In the morning after the drugs had worn off I couldn't remember.  

Always have a notebook handy...:D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
closed for business

I don't know why I am here nor does it matter to me, I stay because of the music, pizza and beer

jmccr8

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

To suffer :ph34r:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Occupational Hubris

We are a consequence of chemistry 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I don't know why I am here nor does it matter to me, I stay because of the music, pizza and beer

jmccr8

That's fair enough..

But all our stays here on earth are short.

And as nice as those things are, they don't really satisfy my curiosity around life..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
closed for business
1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

That's fair enough..

But all our stays here on earth are short.

And as nice as those things are, they don't really satisfy my curiosity around life..

 

 

Hi Crazy Horse

I do stuff and your question is quite simple so gave a reasonable answer and do not feel obliged to justify or debate it.

jmccr8

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
11 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

To suffer :ph34r:

Well everybody suffers, that's for sure, but, to say its the reason for us being here..?

Or as a goal to achieve...:D

But seriously, wouldn't it be a good idea to figure out a way to over-come suffering?

I mean, that's an idea I could get myself stuck into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
11 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

We are a consequence of chemistry 

That might be true, or at least partly true, but once here with life, reason, intelligence and compassion too, shouldn't we use this for something noble, or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Occupational Hubris
Just now, Crazy Horse said:

That might be true, or at least partly true, but once here with life, reason, intelligence and compassion too, shouldn't we use this for something noble, or something?

Why? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija

I don't know why I'm here but that doesn't mean I'm not here for a reason. :)

I think that some of us spend a whole lifetime here for just one, very brief but important reason . . . . . that we might never be aware of. Something we say or do becomes inspirational for someone, someone we don't even know and we're not aware of what we've done. We may even save a life without being aware we've done so.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
1 minute ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Why? 

Because I see life as a huge privilege and something worthwhile.

And so the question from my point of view would be, why not?

And a noble life might be a quite and humble existence, lived with good, simple intentions.

I mean, the title of the thread is, why are we here?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoldenWolf
1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Why are we here, is there even a reason, is there some point or end goal to achieve?

Or are we merely atoms coming together for awhile, infused with life, before going our separate ways?

My view, unsurprisingly, is based upon a spiritual ideal.

Which is - we are here to know, and to Unite with GOD.

And this being the case, I would also ask, how may we attain such a thing?

All genuine points and views are welcome. Atheistic, agnostic, religious or spiritual.

Do you have a reason for living, and if so, how do you intend to realise that?

 

 

We are just a byproduct of the universe.  Do I have a reason for living?  The reason is living.  Maybe I can answer this in a different way by asking "Why is life afraid to die"?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
Just now, ouija ouija said:

I don't know why I'm here but that doesn't mean I'm not here for a reason. :)

I think that some of us spend a whole lifetime here for just one, very brief but important reason . . . . . that we might never be aware of. Something we say or do becomes inspirational for someone, someone we don't even know and we're not aware of what we've done. We may even save a life without being aware we've done so.

Yes, I know what you mean..

Like my above post, just living a simple, honest life, might be a game changer for humanity..

Thanks for your thoughts..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
Just now, GoldenWolf said:

We are just a byproduct of the universe.  Do I have a reason for living?  The reason is living.  Maybe I can answer this in a different way by asking "Why is life afraid to die"?

Ok, the reason is living..

Fair enough.

But do you have any thoughts about how one might live?

Or any goals that stretch beyond filling your belly, and your mind with distractions?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
Posted (edited)

I am here, because it's much more interesting, and with cooler people, than the other forums. The Invision tech, this site runs on, is also awesome.

Jokes aside, I think we're here to learn. If there is a reason at all. And when we've learned all we can, we die, and it was all for nothing, because our kids dun give a sh!t about our "wisdom".

Cheers! Enjoy beers while they exist!

Edited by zep73
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bendy Demon
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Sure, we all have the usual, mundane things to do during the day, which shouldn't be taken for granted in my opinion..

Taking care of the little things in life, and doing them well, is in my opinion the absolute foundation of a happy existence.

And so, would happiness and contentment be an over-all goal for you?

 

 

Happiness!?  You speak of happiness as if it is some sort of thing that lies at the goal-post of some race that, once reached, you can sit back and relax. No, happiness is fleeting, ephemeral, subjective, relative and arbitrary. What makes me feel the fleeting state of happiness is different from yours or the next person.

In fact it is precisely the little things like a cup of coffee while watching the finches at the feeder lends contentment which is far more lasting than 'happiness'.

A measure of contentment comes first which then leads to 'happiness'.

Edited by Bendy Demon
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoldenWolf
6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Ok, the reason is living..

Fair enough.

But do you have any thoughts about how one might live?

Or any goals that stretch beyond filling your belly, and your mind with distractions?

 

Eating, sleeping etc. are things required for life.  Beyond that life is what you make of it, to each their own.  Happiness and pain are chemical reactions of the body.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
8 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

Happiness!?  You speak of happiness as if it is some sort of thing that lies at the goal-post of some race that, once reached, you can sit back and relax. No, happiness is fleeting, ephemeral, subjective, relative and arbitrary. What makes me feel the fleeting state of happiness is different from yours or the next person.

In fact it is precisely the little things like a cup of coffee while watching the finches at the feeder lends contentment which is far more lasting than 'happiness'.

A measure of contentment comes first which then leads to 'happiness'.

Yes, I was, am, trying to generate some big ideas, for life, a reason for being here that is greater that the individual egoic need.

Something beyond the physical.

And to find a lasting peace, and a perfect happiness, beyond the fleeting, seems like a fantastic journey and goal that one might undertake..

Not only for oneself, but for everyone.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
10 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

Eating, sleeping etc. are things required for life.  Beyond that life is what you make of it, to each their own.  Happiness and pain are chemical reactions of the body.

And what triggers that happiness, those chemicals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
23 minutes ago, zep73 said:

I am here, because it's much more interesting, and with cooler people, than the other forums. The Invision tech, this site runs on, is also awesome.

Jokes aside, I think we're here to learn. If there is a reason at all. And when we've learned all we can, we die, and it was all for nothing, because our kids dun give a sh!t about our "wisdom".

Cheers! Enjoy beers while they exist!

And are we here to learn anything particular, in your opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
Just now, Crazy Horse said:

And are we here to learn anything particular, in your opinion?

Yes, that gods and idols are full of it, just like the next guy. Nothing deserves to be idolized.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.