Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Childlike ghost caught on Ohio video

Eldorado

Residents of Mentor, Ohio have recently been abuzz about sightings and video evidence of a mysterious, ghostly little figure scampering around.

Apparently, a police officer even spotted the apparent apparition.

At 10:40pm one evening, police responded to a citizen's report of a 7-year-old girl running around alone near an elementary school.

boing boing

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Papameter   Paranormal   67%    Normal  34%

Factors: Officer's testimony, speed on video, other reports, child and schoolyard, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, yeah video combined with cop as a witness is very interesting. I'd like to hear directly from the cop though. Good find El.

• Like 4

So why did the dash cam not pick it up?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Residents of Mentor, Ohio have recently been abuzz about sightings and video evidence of a mysterious, ghostly little figure scampering around.

Apparently, a police officer even spotted the apparent apparition.

At 10:40pm one evening, police responded to a citizen's report of a 7-year-old girl running around alone near an elementary school.

boing boing

Thanks for sharing, while I am not a believer I must admit that's one of the best so called ghost videos I have seen online.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

So why did the dash cam not pick it up?

If hazard a guess that it wasn’t pointing in the right direction.

The article and video don’t address this, just say that it wasn’t on the dashcam video.

I found more including other photographs of this phenomena:  Mentor, Ohio Runner Ghost Case

Papameter Update

Was:   Papameter   Paranormal   67%    Normal  34%

Update:    Papameter Reading

Paranormal  84%     Normal 16%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Somebody revived Streaking. :lol:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I found more including other photographs of this phenomena:  Mentor, Ohio Runner Ghost Case

Papameter Update

Was:   Papameter   Paranormal   67%    Normal  34%

Update:    Papameter Reading

Paranormal  84%     Normal 16%

Papa's link has more details in it than the OP for anyone curious. 

10 days prior to the events on Jeremy Avenue, a police report obtained by WKYC 3News stated that police officers were dispatched to Bellflower Elementary on March 10th at around 10:30 p.m. after someone called to report a seven-year-old girl running northbound in the area. Bellflower Elementary is directly adjacent to Lake Catholic High School.

One responding officer patrolling near Wyatt's Greenhouse spotted a child he thought fit the description provided by the caller.

"I was surprised by what I saw, the person appeared to be a small child, running rather erect and too quickly for a child," the report quoted him as saying.

However, when the officer exited his vehicle to approach the child, he found no one. He continued to search along the building's exterior, but came up empty.

Multiple departments aided in the search, but they, too, found no children.

Also worth noting that a couple different people have captured images. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is one of the more interesting cases in my opinion.

I'm going to keep an eye on this to see if there if ever a conclusion. If they ever find a physical kid of body.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

This is one of the more interesting cases in my opinion.

I'm going to keep an eye on this to see if there if ever a conclusion. If they ever find a physical kid of body.

The frustrating part is when a case like this is indeed paranormal there is never that satisfying ‘conclusion’.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The frustrating part is when a case like this is indeed paranormal there is never that satisfying ‘conclusion’.

It is impossible to prove.

For me, what would satisfying lean in that direction would be if they found the body of a small child with a time of death being before the sightings started. That would match with ghost lore at least. 

21 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Maybe maybe not, while its likely to just fade from interest with no more info we are just as guilty, many threads on here unquestionably explained but not updated, it was nice to see the mothman was proven a bear.

In this case it could play out many ways, an admitted hoax, a misidentification,  or if its a ghost it could move past video bombs and stop and say hye.

While sadly a body of a child could be found who died right before these events that wouldnt prove its that childs ghost captured on video i would need more to make that leap,

It is at the moment very intriguing so if you have stills or other vids please do post links or them.

"Police responded to a citizen's report of a 7-year-old girl running around alone near an elementary school." That's pretty damned specific.

Kid sneaks out of house and runs around block a couple times, sneaks back in. ****ty cameras pick up ****ty pictures. Cops don't find anything because there's nothing to find.

There's nothing here to be mystified about. The "kids don't do that at 10 PM" excuse is a load of BS - yes, kids absolutely do that.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, moonman said:

"Police responded to a citizen's report of a 7-year-old girl running around alone near an elementary school." That's pretty damned specific.

Kid sneaks out of house and runs around block a couple times, sneaks back in. ****ty cameras pick up ****ty pictures. Cops don't find anything because there's nothing to find.

There's nothing here to be mystified about. The "kids don't do that at 10 PM" excuse is a load of BS - yes, kids absolutely do that.

Very true and while the kid running amuck might have triggered this account that was according to the articles 10 days before which i believe gave a bored clever hoaxer time to get in gear,

Anyone else see what i see and put together that i do believe nails this as a hoax.

2 hours ago, moonman said:

According to the cop, he saw her. I’m sure if it was as simple as that, it would have easily been solved. 

I imagine the person who got the recording would have just said the neighbors kid was running around. 

I see a couple of interesting things. The first is that at 1:48, you can see light reflect off the ghost's (right?) shoe. To me, it looks like a reflective strip on a sneaker or running shoe. The second is that whatever it is isn't transparent. The trees in the back and other things are blocked when the ghost runs past them. If ghosts are real, who's to say they're transparent anyways?

Does anyone know where this video came from aside from somewhere in Ohio? Something tells me it's a video overlay of a child running.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KNash said:

I see a couple of interesting things. The first is that at 1:48, you can see light reflect off the ghost's (right?) shoe. To me, it looks like a reflective strip on a sneaker or running shoe. The second is that whatever it is isn't transparent. The trees in the back and other things are blocked when the ghost runs past them. If ghosts are real, who's to say they're transparent anyways?

Does anyone know where this video came from aside from somewhere in Ohio? Something tells me it's a video overlay of a child running.

I'm not sure which one is the video but the images are from 3 seperate residents. One a security cam and the other two doorbell cams.

All shared to social media. So could be edited of course. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm not sure which one is the video but the images are from 3 seperate residents. One a security cam and the other two doorbell cams.

All shared to social media. So could be edited of course. 

I checked out the video on Youtube to see some of the comments. Someone suggested that if the camera's batteries were low, it could have trouble recording a fast moving target. But if the same thing was caught on three different cameras, I guess that's less likely the case. I've only seen the security camera footage.

17 minutes ago, KNash said:

I checked out the video on Youtube to see some of the comments. Someone suggested that if the camera's batteries were low, it could have trouble recording a fast moving target. But if the same thing was caught on three different cameras, I guess that's less likely the case. I've only seen the security camera footage.

This link seems to have the most info

https://www.singularfortean.com/news/2021/3/24/phantom-runner-reported-in-mentor-ohio

12 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Thanks for the link! It was helpful.

Yeah, the closer up photos taken from doorbell cams definitely look weird. If it was a child, I can't think of many reasons why they'd be going into people's driveways unless they were going to ring the door bell and run away. I believe what the residents were saying in that they didn't try to fake a paranormal sighting, but rather they captured something that they can't explain, paranormal or not.

• Like 2

The FAKE-O-METER indicating hand has been spinning around the dial since I started reading this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KNash said:

Thanks for the link! It was helpful.

Yeah, the closer up photos taken from doorbell cams definitely look weird. If it was a child, I can't think of many reasons why they'd be going into people's driveways unless they were going to ring the door bell and run away. I believe what the residents were saying in that they didn't try to fake a paranormal sighting, but rather they captured something that they can't explain, paranormal or not.

Your eyes are far better than mine, great taste in shades btw,

Does the running figure look to be large enough to be a brat?

I still smell hoax here im not sold the subject running is the same as the doorbell cam subjects