Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pharaohs' mummies' Golden Parade to new National Museum

Wistman

March 24, 2021

The mummies that will be transferred include Pharaoh Ramses II; Pharaoh Ramses IX; Pharaoh Ramses VI; Pharaoh Ramses V; Pharaoh Seti I; Pharaoh Seqenenre; and Pharaoh Thutmose III, as well as Queen Hatshepsut; QueenMeritamun, the wife of King Amenhotep I; and Queen Ahmose Nefertari, the wife of King Ahmose.

https://egyptianstreets.com/2021/03/24/catch-egypts-pharaohs-golden-parade-from-tahrir-to-national-museum-on-april-3/

• Like 7

It will of course be on Egyptian TV, and later as a news item around the world, but thankfully the event will be livestreamed on the Egyptian tourism ministry youtube channel Experience Egypt

• Like 3

Related:

Archaeologists dismiss claims recent Egyptian disasters caused by pharaohs’ curse

Claims that a series of recent disasters in Egypt have been brought about by a pharaohs’ curse were on Monday dismissed by archaeologists.

Plans over the coming days to move 22 royal mummies from the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir to a permanent exhibition space in the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization have coincided with a string of major incidents in the country.

And some reports have suggested that the serious occurrences are linked to the pending transfer of the preserved ancient monarchs.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1833981/middle-east

• Like 4

On April 3rd, Egypt will have a parade through Cairo as they move the 22 royal mummies from the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization. The entire parade will be live streamed and shown on youtube along with many TV stations worldwide.

google.com/_/chrome/newtab?espv=2&ie=UTF-8

The group includes 18 kings and four queens from the 17th to the 20th dynasties of ancient Egypt — approximately 3,500 to 3,100 years ago. Most of the 22 kings and queens were discovered in two archaeological "caches" in Luxor in the late 1800s.

Of the 22 royal mummies taking up residence at the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization, 20 will be put on display and two, Queen Meritamun and Queen T, will be stored.

The 20 going on display, from oldest to youngest, are: Seqenenre TaaII, Ahmose Nefertari, Amenhotep I, Thutmose I, Thutmose II, Hatshepsut, Thutmose III, Amenhotep II, Thutmose IV, Amenhotep III, Seti I, Ramses II, Merenptah, Seti II, Siptah, Ramses III, Ramses IV, Ramses V, Ramses VI and Ramses IX.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://egyptindependent.com/egypts-tourism-ministry-to-broadcast-the-pharaohs-golden-parade-on-two-youtube-channels/

Egypt’s Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities announced Wednesday that the royal mummy procession, or the “Pharaohs’ Golden Parade”, will be broadcasted live on the ministry’s two YouTube channels.

Minister of Tourism and Antiquities Khaled al-Anany said that 400 TV channels are also set to air the parade live, adding that some international figures have confirmed their attendance at the event.

Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly said on Monday that the Ministerial Committee for Tourism and Antiquities, is gearing up efforts to finalize the arrangements for the royal procession that will transfer 22 mummies of ancient Egypt’s kings and queens to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization in Fustat on April 3.

• Like 2

The parade is scheduled to start at 6pm Cairo time and will last for about 40 minutes. There's a 6 hour difference between Cairo and US EST. So this should mean it will start at noon Saturday for where I am. Of course, recent events in Egypt have been attributed to the pharaoh's curse on social media. Great pics and video in link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9426455/March-Mummies-Egypt-readies-Pharaohs-Parade.html

The procession has also caught the attention of social media users who point out news of the event  coincided with a number of strange incidents last week that some are blaming on Pharaoh's curse. 

Egypt made headlines for a number of disasters including  a giant ship blocking the Suez Canal, a fatal train accident and fires across the country.

Social media users are blaming such events on the curse of the pharaohs that says: 'Death will come on quick wings for those who disturb the king's peace.' 

Other than the ship in the Suez Canal, the country witnessed a fatal train accident in Sohag, a 10-story building collapsed at Suez Bridge and a massive concrete pillar came tumbling down during construction of a bridge in Mariotia.

The Pharaoh's curse came about following the death of more than 20 people working to uncover the secrets of Tutankhamun's tomb in 1922.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

I hope I can find where to livestream the parade. I did find this.

• Like 1

I have another livestream but it's all in Arabic. It's 5:43 in Cairo right now. The parade should start in a little over 15 minutes.

Edit: I don't think I found it.

Edited by susieice

Not surprised it's starting late. No livestream until the state broadcaster starts broadcasting the event.

These channels have it on standby

Edit. removed links as better one found below

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Thanks 1

Here on the Egyptian Presidential channel, with English voice over

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was so beautifully done Egypt! Thanks again for the link in english Wepwawet. That was really something spectacular to see!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

That was so beautifully done Egypt! Thanks again for the link in english Wepwawet. That was really something spectacular to see!

It was indeed, and some of it was sublime, the boat crossing the Nile behind the man singing for instance, and the words to the song. "I am the Sun that shone and lit up the world, I am Egypt, maintaining the balance of the world".

Bookmarked the channel for the next event, the opening of the GEM.

Video starts at that song

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wepwawet said:

It was indeed, and some of it was sublime, the boat crossing the Nile behind the man singing for instance, and the words to the song. "I am the Sun that shone and lit up the world, I am Egypt, maintaining the balance of the world".

Bookmarked the channel for the next event, the opening of the GEM.

Video starts at that song

Oh...the boats and the dancers at the pyramids and temples. The streets lined with light offerings and horsemen and chariots. The orchestra and singers were amazing. I'm so glad I got to watch this. The end of this video shows the pharaohs and the queens arriving at the new museum.

Right now, I'm really missing kmt_sesh. :(

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

A still of the dancers at the pyramids.

May be an image of outdoors

• Like 1

Egypt Just Held an Astonishing, Real-Life Mummy Parade Though the Streets of Cairo to Celebrate the Opening of a New Museum—See Photos Here

The mummies were transported in oxygen-free nitrogen capsules.

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/cairo-mummy-parade-1956993

@ 7:00

Edited by The Wistman
  • Like 3

Thank you for sharing - finally some positive news! :tu:

• Like 2

Folks - please avoid hotlinking to copyrighted press images, the best way to show them is to link to the page they are on.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Saru said:

Folks - please avoid hotlinking to copyrighted press images, the best way to show them is to link to the page they are on.

Thank you.

I'm sorry Saru. I didn't realize they were copyrighted like that and I couldn't link the pictures. Will link the whole press release now.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

I just learned yesterday that all the songs were sung in Ancient Egyptian. All the orchestra music was written specifically for this event. What an incredible performance.

Pictures:

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/03/984145643/royal-mummies-paraded-through-downtown-cairo-in-museum-move

https://7news.com.au/news/world/ancient-mummies-paraded-through-the-streets-of-cairo-in-the-pharaohs-golden-parade-c-2517539

This link shows the offering bearers.

https://scoopempire.com/who-dressed-who-the-pharaohs-golden-parade-fashion-edition/

Really good pictures in here.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/middle-east/golden-parade-carries-pharaohs-to-new-home-in-egyptian-capital

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

A lot of very good pictures in here. This one is the best. It shows the boats on the water and the dancers at the temple and the pyramids. Also the orchestra and the singers. Some played the ancient instruments. One pictured here.

https://egyptianstreets.com/2021/04/05/six-magical-moments-from-egypts-historic-pharaohs-golden-parade/

This link has some pictures but also contains a list of the 22 Pharaohs and Queens who were moved and who they were.

https://egyptianstreets.com/2021/04/05/six-magical-moments-from-egypts-historic-pharaohs-golden-parade/

Edited by susieice

I just saw an announcement that Egypt is going to release news about a major archaeological find on the West Bank of Luxor on April 8th. The team was led by Dr Zahi Hawass. They were working in the area of Medinet Habu Temple which belonged to King Ramses III. There will be a press conference on April 10th. I wonder what this is all about.

15 hours ago, susieice said:

I just learned yesterday that all the songs were sung in Ancient Egyptian. All the orchestra music was written specifically for this event. What an incredible performance.

The lyrics are taken from a hymn to Isis found at the Deir el-Shelwit temple for Isis at Thebes, translated and arranged by Dr. Maissara Abdallah Hussein

O people and gods above

She is the only lady

Reverence for Eset (Isis)

She gives birth to the day

Reverence for Eset

The lady of the west and the two lands

Reverence for Eset

She is the great eye of Ra in the provinces

Reverence for Eset

You offer the dear and precious for the king of Egypt

Upper and lower

O my only lady