Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid Vaccination Poll

Still Waters

Covid Vaccination  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Covid vaccine - yes or no?

• I have had my 1st dose of the Covid vaccine
    • I have had 2 doses of the Covid vaccine
    • I do want the Covid vaccine and intend to have it as soon as it's offered to me
    • I do not want the Covid vaccine at all
    • I do not want the Covid vaccine at the present time, but maybe later

With all the different view points posted on here regarding the Covid vaccine, I thought it would be interesting to start a poll to see how many in our community have had the vaccine and how many haven't.

If you have had the vaccine please specify which one you had, and if it's your 1st or 2nd dose. You can if you wish also let us know how you felt afterwards, any side effects etc.

If you haven't had the vaccine please specify if it's because you don't want it (for whatever reason) or because you haven't been able to get one yet.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Ok, I'll start.

I had my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine in February with no real issues afterwards. Just a sore arm for a few days at the injection site, much like I get after the flu shot. My 2nd vaccine dose is booked in for April. 

• Like 4

• The topic was pinned

I got my first shot yesterday. Was feeling a bit sick afterwards and my arm still hurts, but no major side effects. I'm gonna get my second shot in about four weeks.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am on a list to get the vaccine but would not have bothered except for a family trip in May with my daughters who insist I get vaccinated.  I will be waiting to get the J&J version and the way it works in  my area is we sign up, they email us telling us where to get the appointment and what brand the shot is.   So if it isn't J&J I can tell them to put me at the end of the list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, moonman said:

Single shot is missing from the poll - got mine a few days ago. No side effects, not even a sore arm.

Is that the J&J vaccine? I didn't know it was in use yet. Ok, thank you but I can't edit the poll now it's started.

I'm thinking a single-dose vaccine could come under "I have had my 1st dose of the Covid vaccine", as they both refer to having had 1 shot. 

Also, thank you to everyone who's taken part in the poll :) 

• Like 3

On 3/27/2021 at 12:08 PM, Still Waters said:

With all the different view points posted on here regarding the Covid vaccine, I thought it would be interesting to start a poll to see how many in our community have had the vaccine and how many haven't.

If you have had the vaccine please specify which one you had, and if it's your 1st or 2nd dose. You can if you wish also let us know how you felt afterwards, any side effects etc.

If you haven't had the vaccine please specify if it's because you don't want it (for whatever reason) or because you haven't been able to get one yet.

The only problem with the poll for me is its not a national poll.

So I cannot use it to see what my own peoples views are lol.

in nyc starting next week, any adult over 30 is eligible,   my 70+ mother was trying to get one, where she lives there are like seven places that used to provide the service, none has any vaccines now,   worst thing the whole vaccination thing is under 100% gvmnt control, and as expected it is very poorly planed , executed task,  gvmnt just does not want to allow private clinics,\ med offices to provide vaccines,  it would be so much easier and more effective, if it was not under gvmnt control,

• Like 2

Modera, one dose so far. Was dead for 24 hours. Aches, chills, fatigue. 

But the nurse told me since I had Covid a few months ago that the reaction would be stronger for me due to already having antibodies in my system.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I received my last Pfizer injection back in the middle of January. I did not experience any issues except a sore arm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I got a text that I was in line for the Pfizer vaccine if I make an appointment.  I don't want that one so I will wait.   I was told that if I ignore the text I will get another one for a different vaccine in 2 weeks.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didnt vote i dont know which really applied to me, i can get it but im not is a fire ball rush but not dragging too much either,

I have 2 issues as why im not rushing, i dont want to get a dose that a person who needs it more could get and im still a bit spooky about it and most of that comes from how trump acted about it all his covid blundering and failing right or wrong it made me consider was the vax okay,

I had a buddy who happens to like trump and he got the vax asap due to his health issues laugh at me saying trump had no part in the vax the vax as far as we know is safe as any other flu vax,

So im guessing ill buck up in the next month to 6 weeks.

Tina would get it today but her thing is she normally passes out when she gets a shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I didnt vote i dont know which really applied to me, i can get it but im not is a fire ball rush but not dragging too much either,

I have 2 issues as why im not rushing, i dont want to get a dose that a person who needs it more could get and im still a bit spooky about it and most of that comes from how trump acted about it all his covid blundering and failing right or wrong it made me consider was the vax okay,

I had a buddy who happens to like trump and he got the vax asap due to his health issues laugh at me saying trump had no part in the vax the vax as far as we know is safe as any other flu vax,

Tina would get it today but her thing is she normally passes out when she gets a shot.

Trump didn't have anything to do with any of the vaccines, but I understand your reluctance.  I am old enough to remember the first few years the flu vaccine was available and how when Carter got elected somehow the government was paying for as many people as they could gather up to get vaccinated.   Even had nurses at bus stops encouraging people to get a vaccine as the got off the bus.  And in the army we were told we had to get a flu vaccine.  There was no way to keep track of who didn't or it was not a legal order so some of us side stepped it.  The problem I have about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines is the methodology and fast tracking the testing.   On the whole vaccines are not dangerous to 89% of people and those it is dangerous to usually know and are told to not get vaccines by medical professionals.  (my mother was one of those).

The no longer use the thimerosal as a preservative in vaccines so there should be no worry about that, though I have seen people claim vaccine still have mercury in them.  

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Trump didn't have anything to do with any of the vaccines, but I understand your reluctance.  I am old enough to remember the first few years the flu vaccine was available and how when Carter got elected somehow the government was paying for as many people as they could gather up to get vaccinated.   Even had nurses at bus stops encouraging people to get a vaccine as the got off the bus.  And in the army we were told we had to get a flu vaccine.  There was no way to keep track of who didn't or it was not a legal order so some of us side stepped it.  The problem I have about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines is the methodology and fast tracking the testing.   On the whole vaccines are not dangerous to 89% of people and those it is dangerous to usually know and are told to not get vaccines by medical professionals.  (my mother was one of those).

The no longer use the thimerosal as a preservative in vaccines so there should be no worry about that, though I have seen people claim vaccine still have mercury in them.  

Thanks, the rational part of me knows that trumps lil hands were no where near it he was and still is so darn spooky.

I also do believe getting the vax is far better than not getting it, i see the illogical folks fear mongering about not vaxxing and if that suits them thats fine,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Thanks, the rational part of me knows that trumps lil hands were no where near it he was and still is so darn spooky.

I also do believe getting the vax is far better than not getting it, i see the illogical folks fear mongering about not vaxxing and if that suits them thats fine,

And would you believe, after all the conspiracy BS about coronavirus and vaccines peddled by Trump, the ironic part is that he and Melania got the vaccine and recommends it.

Donald Trump, Melania Trump secretly received COVID-19 vaccine in January

:rolleyes: facepalm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/28/2021 at 3:04 AM, Raptor Witness said:

Moderna here, and what a relief.

Got my 2nd dose of Moderna today, so far so good. I opted for the opposite arm this time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My sister and B-i-L got their first shot a few weeks ago and the second is soon.  Both tolerated the first one well.  They aren't yet offering the shot for those under 65 in my area but I've decided to wait until the Fall in any case.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Got my 2nd dose of Moderna today, so far so good. I opted for the opposite arm this time.

My second dose was much more noticeable than the first. At first it was just routine arm soreness and achiness with some malaise, about 2-3 hours after my shot.

Barbie, my first pharmacist wasn’t available this time, but the brunette was at least an 8,  and no nurse Ratchet, thankfully.

Then I went to bed around 15 hours after the second shot, and I developed moderate chills, and I had to turn up the thermostat and add a T-Shirt for bed.

I’m still curled up, essentially in the fetal position, hoping I warm up without adding more clothing.

I’m avoiding antipyretic pain medication, so as not to interfere with my immune response, but I am using a mild narcotic prescribed to me, which is helpful for the pain.

The strong chills are a surprise, but a good sign that my body is on a war footing.

I’ll check my temperature in the A.M. if the chills persist.

I can’t imagine enduring the real disease for days, feeling like this. It’s a bit uncomfortable, but worth the trouble.

So far no teeth chattering..... 

Baylor won the NCAA basketball championship, as I forecast, so God Bless Texas tonight. The bears mauled Gonzaga, like my body is mauling the Coronavirus spike proteins.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 1

We still havent got it but are trying to get in gear and yeah my nerves issues are a bit scared,

So it seemd pretty much everyone has a sore arm, a couple weeks back i fell out of bed and pulled something in the shoulder cup of my left arm  still hurts sometimes, not dr vist worthy, ill just risk my professinal tennis carrer,

im thinking all get the vax in my right arm so they both can hurt together,

In general do most people have very little reaction?

Me , my husband and my son had the Moderna back in February. All three of us had the same reaction. About eight hours after having the second shot , we had a sore arm, fatigue and mild body aches. In the middle of the night came the low grade fever and body aches worsened. All of us felt normal about twenty four hours after getting the shot.

Most people I've spoken to have had the same reaction, some had higher fevers but all were better the next day. I work in a dental office and many of our patients had the same reaction, some had no reaction at all. The receptionist developed Covid arm about a week after her second shot. Her arm swelled up like a football and with a circle like rash that lasted about two days. 

I've never been an anti- vaxxer but I still have that thought in my mind hoping I've made the right decision by getting the vaccine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had my 2nd pfizer vaccine on Thursday, no major problems but didn't sleep much the same night, so I was tired the next day. Day after I was fine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My symptoms were pretty much over with after 72 hours. I still had brief flashes of chills for about 4 days total, and then I was fine.  That first night after my second Moderna dose was uncomfortable, but all that means is that my body was fighting the good fight.

• Thanks 1

Getting my second Moderna shot in two days.  No side effects from the first one. Doubtful that will be the case after my second one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I was scheduled for a Johnson & Johnson vaccine in a little over a week and now I guess it will have to be rescheduled.  It is so idiotic, and an obvious corporate war type ploy in my opinion.    More people have died per million (and very few so no worries) after taking the Pfizer & Moderna vaccine and they are playing that down, but 6 women dying from blood clots (and we have no idea what their medical histories are) take a vaccine off the market (temporarily).   We shall see how this plays out.  There may be thousands of law suits against Pfizer and Moderna in a couple of years when all the data has been gathered and sifted through.   Maybe there will be some for Astra Zeneca and Johnson & Johnson too, but I bet more from the other two.

• The topic was unpinned