Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. cops scream at and handcuff a 5yr-old

Eldorado

A police video in the US has sparked outrage after two officers were seen berating a five-year-old boy at his school, with one officer screaming in his face and another putting him in handcuffs.

The two officers, who work for the Montgomery County Police Department (MCPD) in Maryland, are facing calls to be fired over the incident, which happened after the boy had run away from his teachers and was found on a street.

After returning the child to his school, a female officer can be heard telling him: "I hope your momma let me beat you" as he cries, before she screams inches away from his face.

Full story at Sky news: Link

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

The 5 yr old seems to have an attitude problem and the Police could have handled the situation a little different.

• Like 3

At what point did we assume that discipline is synonymous with beating?

Secondly, maybe the police need to investigate exactly what the home environment is like.

Third, the mother already confirmed there is a measure of physical aggression at home considering she just admitted -in so many words- that she wants to beat him but can't because of the bad ol' government.

Also..if someone is screaming in your face and threatening to hurt you, you would have an 'attitude' too.

Why is it that people do not understand that you cannot counter and ease anger with more anger, violence and threats? Perhaps investigations would be in order rather than threatening a child.

Seriously, when you have a group of adults ganging up on a kid claiming that they want to hurt him and want his mother to hurt him, is it really any surprise the kid doesn't want to go to school or probably back home? The kid acts out because of the poor home environment, not because there is a lack of beatings.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, South Alabam said:

The 5 yr old seems to have an attitude problem and the Police could have handled the situation a little different.

Yes, it’s called “being 5”. Children that age literally do think the world revolves around them, that all that matters is them, it’s the way their brains are wired at that age.

5 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

At what point did we assume that discipline is synonymous with beating?

Secondly, maybe the police need to investigate exactly what the home environment is like.

Third, the mother already confirmed there is a measure of physical aggression at home considering she just admitted -in so many words- that she wants to beat him but can't because of the bad ol' government.

Also..if someone is screaming in your face and threatening to hurt you, you would have an 'attitude' too.

Why is it that people do not understand that you cannot counter and ease anger with more anger, violence and threats? Perhaps investigations would be in order rather than threatening a child.

Seriously, when you have a group of adults ganging up on a kid claiming that they want to hurt him and want his mother to hurt him, is it really any surprise the kid doesn't want to go to school or probably back home? The kid acts out because of the poor home environment, not because there is a lack of beatings.

Nail hammer head. You are literally teaching him anger and violence is a proper reaction to things you dislike. 
Lots of kids are raised this way. 

Without having read the article, I’d bet the farm dad isn’t around. 

• Like 2

I don’t think the reverse psychology is helpful, but the interaction is not as bad as what the OP leads U.S. to believe.

Well this is something...

The mother says: "I can't discipline him, because the government won't allow you."

"Yes, you can," the female officer replies.

The mother says: "I spank him, but I can't discipline him how I want to discipline him because of this.

"I'm not losing my child to the system and I'm not going to prison. I just want to show you all he is not being physically abused."

"Who said he was?" the female officer asked.

"We believe it's the exact opposite," the male officer says.

"Yeah, we want you to beat him," the female officer adds.

Bodycam footage of the incident in January was released for the first time on Friday as the boy's mother is reportedly suing the MCPD.

Edited by spartan max2

What these kids need are strong moral male influences. Without them this is the inevitable result for most of these kids. 

Go ahead and beat em, and watch what happens in 5 years 10 years. Anyone who thinks this isn’t that bad is painfully unaware of the statistics. 

• Like 2

I finally saw the screaming part on the nightly news tonight, and I think that was definitely unhelpful.

I’m not going to pretend I know how to deal with a five year old running away from the school, but cooler heads need to prevail.

I don’t envy the police officers forced to perform this kind of duty.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Isn't the cop just a satanist, presumably dribbling himself at what he's not allowed to shoot.

Can't he understand the Age of Consent? Satanists generally can't.

• Haha 1