Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fifth Nessie sighting of the year

Eldorado

Another Nessie sighting has been recorded on the Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register.

It brings the number so far this year to five.

The latest sighting was spotted by Kalynn Wangle who caught another glimpse of something unknown at the loch while watching a webcam of the loch.

Strathspey Herald

5mins:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anything at all,, Uncle Bill's rubber boot. :hmm:

The webcam has been there for years. It is just one of those live cam webcams. 

I think it is more likely to be an Otter. It seems to move around from the shore similar to one that is fishing. And I think it is especially noticeable because of the calmness of the water. 

I have seen 2 or 3 of them in Scotland myself and they are fairly large, love to come out on calm waters and fish, and don't stick to fishing in the one spot, they tend to slowly move and not come back for hours. 

Knowing Loch Ness a little, and knowing what the wildlife is like there, and had it been any other loch in Scotland than Ness, I think most people would be excited to be seeing an Otter. 

Also worth noting, that Otters have been seen in Loch Ness in the past and was once mis-identified as Nessie in the photo below, until an expert pointed out that it was an Otter

2895B45300000578-3079234-image-a-45_1431

Edited by ExoPaul
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExoPaul said:

I think it is more likely to be an Otter. It seems to move around from the shore similar to one that is fishing. And I think it is especially noticeable because of the calmness of the water. 

I have seen 2 or 3 of them in Scotland myself and they are fairly large, love to come out on calm waters and fish, and don't stick to fishing in the one spot, they tend to slowly move and not come back for hours. 

Knowing Loch Ness a little, and knowing what the wildlife is like there, and had it been any other loch in Scotland than Ness, I think most people would be excited to be seeing an Otter. 

Also worth noting, that Otters have been seen in Loch Ness in the past and was once mis-identified as Nessie in the photo below, until an expert pointed out that it was an Otter

Agreed, I actually saw my first one in the wild not too long ago. Gorgeous, crazy smart animals. They also roll and undulate when they swim, I imagine causing a lot of people to jump to conclusions 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ExoPaul said:

An otter? I'm not so sure. Those fence posts look about a metre high which is the length of a grown otter. Then you've got the scale to the distance into the Loch. It looks too big to be an otter.

• Like 1

Most large swimming creatures move their spine in an undulating movement when they swim. This thing always keeps its shape as a straight line. I think it is more like a submerged treetrunk floating in a streaming.

9 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

There must be many of them to reproduce and survive.  Nessie is a hoax.

Alot of people say its eels, Jeremy caught one years ago and it was fairly large

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Alot of people say its eels, Jeremy caught one years ago and it was fairly large

Are they pretty nasty acting when caught?