Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida bill seeks to create task force for abandoned African American cemeteries

rashore

TALLAHASSEE, Fla — A proposal from Florida's House that would create a statewide task force for abandoned African American cemeteries unanimously passed its first committee hearing.

The task force, which would be led by the Secretary of State, would have appointed representatives from the NAACP, the Florida African American Heritage Preservation Network, the Bureau of Archaeological Research, the Florida Public Archeology Network, the Florida Council of Churches, and local governments.

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/regional/florida/florida-bill-seeks-to-create-task-force-for-abandoned-african-american-cemeteries/67-c392b2b2-db0d-4e94-8ade-97eec3739712

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I do not guess its technically abandoned at all but in Eatonville fl next to orlando is an African American cemetary and it was having lots of issues, graves robbed, stones toppled or stolen in disrepair bones showing and you can see it from I4 near lee road, very sad i hope they fix it up.

• Sad 1