Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mind power helped move the Suez ship says Uri Geller

Eldorado

6 hours ago, ted hughes said:

You know he has admitted being a charlatan? Why do you believe?

Why do you believe he has admitted being a charlatan? Skeptic propaganda? He hasn't admitted to being a charlatan.

3 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Funny that you should show up because I had you in mind when I wrote this:

That sums him up very nicely. :tu:

Multiple times I've quoted top scientists and top magicians in support of Uri's abilities. That is why I am a believer. Uri is about the #1 hated figure by the so-called skeptics so I consider rationally all I hear. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Multiple times I've quoted top scientists and top magicians in support of Uri's abilities. That is why I am a believer. Uri is about the #1 hated figure by the so-called skeptics so I consider rationally all I hear. 

Randi said Uri destroyed the careers by ruining the reputations of more than one gullible scientist. It is one reason he felt unable to forgive him for his deceptions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ted hughes said:

Randi said Uri destroyed the careers by ruining the reputations of more than one gullible scientist. It is one reason he felt unable to forgive him for his deceptions.

Randi is the liar and charlatan in my observation of the facts.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I only quoted people who started as healthy skeptics but became convinced. That’s impressive to my fair logical mind.

Did you see gellers epic humiliating failure on the tonight show? Classic side splitting blunder.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Why do you believe he has admitted being a charlatan? Skeptic propaganda? He hasn't admitted to being a charlatan.

I believed I read he had owned up when he was caught out. I may be mistaken, I will look it up again. It would be nice to believe he had a conscience.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Did you see gellers epic humiliating failure on the tonight show? Classic side splitting blunder.

got a link?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Randi is the liar and charlatan in my observation of the facts.

Prove one thing randi lied about or one time he was a charlatans,  he called out debunked and proved things you cling to were hoax and fraud,  you would hate him, but back up your remarks.

• Like 1

Just now, the13bats said:

Many times and not seeing how not being able to perform paranormally 100% of the time is such a big deal.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ted hughes said:

I may be mistaken

Thank you for your honesty.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

"Celebrity Spoon-Bender" makes me laugh out loud.

Me too...especially since I don't know many famous spoons. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, ted hughes said:

got a link?

Too lazy to go back where i posted it last time or just look it up yourself? Thats cool because im not one who doesnt back up their claims.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ted hughes said:

I believed I read he had owned up when he was caught out. I may be mistaken, I will look it up again. It would be nice to believe he had a conscience.

Yes, look it up and post the link ;)

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Many times and not seeing how not being able to perform paranormally 100% of the time is such a big deal.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Papa, its nothing to be confused over i was just saying thanks for your reply,

Thing is geller could only perform paranormally if it was on his terms with his props.

That may not be a big deal but it makes him look like a phoney to some of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It didn't. You have quoted fringe believers working outside their fields. You're a scammer. 

I'm starting to believe he doesn't actually believe the jargon that comes out of his mouth. He's getting worse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Multiple times I've quoted top scientists and top magicians in support of Uri's abilities. That is why I am a believer. Uri is about the #1 hated figure by the so-called skeptics

Yet he have never shown his abilities in a controlled enviroment. I wonder why that is ? :whistle:

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

so I consider rationally all I hear. 

No you dont. You are infact one of the most close minded people here. Its just that your close mindedness is towards rational explanations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Yet he have never shown his abilities in a controlled enviroment. I wonder why that is ? :whistle:

That's more skeptic propaganda (lies). Geller going all the way back to the early 1970's at Stanford University has subjected himself to controlled testing.

“”As a magician, I believe that the tests we did (with Geller) could not be duplicated in any way by a magician’s methods.”
Abb Dickson (Professional magician – U.S.A. and President of the International Brotherhood of Magicians 1997-98)

“There is no way, based on my knowledge as a magician, that any method of trickery could have been used to produce the effects under the conditions to which Geller was subjected.”
Arthur Zorka (US, member Society of American Magicians – U.S.A.)

Etcetera

19 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

No you dont. You are infact one of the most close minded people here. Its just that your close mindedness is towards rational explanations.

Just best assessing the available information my friend.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That's more skeptic propaganda (lies). Geller going all the way back to the early 1970's at Stanford University has subjected himself to controlled testing.

“”As a magician, I believe that the tests we did (with Geller) could not be duplicated in any way by a magician’s methods.”
Abb Dickson (Professional magician – U.S.A. and President of the International Brotherhood of Magicians 1997-98)

“There is no way, based on my knowledge as a magician, that any method of trickery could have been used to produce the effects under the conditions to which Geller was subjected.”
Arthur Zorka (US, member Society of American Magicians – U.S.A.)

Etcetera

Just best assessing the available information my friend.

Wrong wrong way ridiculously wrong,

I too while not a professinal am a magicial, and there are many ways for geller to do his tricks in fact if you go to ebay they sell the "geller" spoon bending illusion how do you explain it sold as a trick with his name on it?

While some c*** a snook to it like my buddy penn jillett there is a magicans code do not disclose how tricks are done, remember the masked magician? I myself was a bit miffed that as cheap as i am a 100.00 buck trick is exposed all over the net.

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And damned if i didnt miss those links so please do not cop out with lame excuses but posts links to where a known ( top ) scientist published for peer review a paper saying geller exhibited some sort of paranormal ability, not a story or you talking for them, link us to that published work,

Thank you.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

And damned if i didnt miss those links so please do not cop out with lame excuses but posts links to where a know ( top ) scientist published for peer review a paper saying geller produces some sort of paranormal ability, not a story or you talking for them, link us to that published work,

Thank you.

Won't be happening as they don't exist. All you'll get is a lame excuse, or some more BS quotes from magicians. Seriously, quotes from goddamned magicians as "evidence"? I've seen some stupid **** but that's a new low of stupidity.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, moonman said:

Won't be happening as they don't exist. All you'll get is a lame excuse, or some more BS quotes from magicians. Seriously, quotes from goddamned magicians as "evidence"? I've seen some stupid simpleton **** but that's a new low.

At this point i have to question if i did a lil magic show for papa would he go away proclaiming i have special paranormal powers?

I really hate to give up the gimmick but its all over the net anyway, modern science is wonderful,

I cant take out a handful of keys and let the person pick a key, i will go into a patter about how i "connect with" in a paranormal way that person we can combine our magical powers because i will bend the key not in my hand geller old school style but modern bats style in there hand,

hold the key lets make this happen, yes, its bending , do you feel it? a little more considerate,  feel it, and most people in shock and dismay open their hand and some drop the key in fear, and the key is very well bent,  they felt it bend they can try to bend it back and no go.

No paranormal needed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Wrong wrong way ridiculously wrong,

I too while not a professinal am a magicial, and there are many ways for geller to do his tricks in fact if you go to ebay they sell the "geller" spoon bending illusion how do you explain it sold as a trick with his name on it?

Come now bats, you know people can name things anything. SPOON BENDING CAN BE DONE BY MAGICIAN TRICKS. But they can not be done under the controls Geller has been subjected to was my point. 

While some c*** a snook to it like my buddy penn jillett there is a magicans code do not disclose how tricks are done, remember the masked magician? I myself was a bit miffed that as cheap as i am a 100.00 buck trick is exposed all over the net.

Penn Jillett is a huge James Randi fan and has also based his reputation on there being no paranormal. Well that's your source.

And damned if i didnt miss those links so please do not cop out with lame excuses but posts links to where a known ( top ) scientist published for peer review a paper saying geller exhibited some sort of paranormal ability, not a story or you talking for them, link us to that published work,

Your memory must be rather weak on this one. I remember going on the merry-go-round with someone with your username more than once on this very subject.

“Thereis no logical explanation for what Geller did here. But I don’t think logic is what necessarily makes new inroads inscience.”
Dr Thomas Coohill (Western Kentucky University, PhysicsDept., Bowling Green, Kentucky – U.S.A.)

“The Geller Effect is one of those “para” phenomena which changed the world of physics. What the most outstanding physicists of the last decades of this century could grasp only as theoretical implication, Uri brought as fact into everyday life..”
Dr. Walter A. Frank (Bonn University – Germany)

“I have conducted research on Mr. Geller at Freiburg University’s laboratory. The results substantiated and proved my conviction and belief in his powers of metal bending. I have written extensively about his psychokinetic powers in my book Our Sixth Sense 1982 
Prof. Dr. Hans Bender (Freiburg University – Germany)

” I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.”
Professor Helmut Hoffmann (Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria)

Scientific Papers

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Come now bats, you know people can name things anything. SPOON BENDING CAN BE DONE BY MAGICIAN TRICKS. But they can not be done under the controls Geller has been subjected to was my point. 

Penn Jillett is a huge James Randi fan and has also based his reputation on there being no paranormal. Well that's your source.

Your memory must be rather weak on this one. I remember going on the merry-go-round with someone with your username more than once on this very subject.

“Thereis no logical explanation for what Geller did here. But I don’t think logic is what necessarily makes new inroads inscience.”
Dr Thomas Coohill (Western Kentucky University, PhysicsDept., Bowling Green, Kentucky – U.S.A.)

“The Geller Effect is one of those “para” phenomena which changed the world of physics. What the most outstanding physicists of the last decades of this century could grasp only as theoretical implication, Uri brought as fact into everyday life..”
Dr. Walter A. Frank (Bonn University – Germany)

“I have conducted research on Mr. Geller at Freiburg University’s laboratory. The results substantiated and proved my conviction and belief in his powers of metal bending. I have written extensively about his psychokinetic powers in my book Our Sixth Sense 1982 
Prof. Dr. Hans Bender (Freiburg University – Germany)

” I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.”
Professor Helmut Hoffmann (Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria)

Scientific Papers

Geller under controls? Um no, Geller failed in a epic humiliating way under conditions out of his control, like on Carson he can only "perform"his tricks under his conditions.

Sure, spoon bending is a popular magic trick my question was if done with paranormal abilities why in the world would geller want his name endorsing magic tricks, is it for profit?

A guy who sued randi and lost that his powers were real is resorted to endorsing magic tricks that normally are on the back of a corn flake box, very sad how the mighty have fallen.

Jillett and randi ( wonderful guys ) accept and promote magic as illusion for entertainment not charlatans making false claims of paranormal abilities to fleece people.

I asked not for links to gellars biased website i asked for links to published peer reviewed accredited scientific papers by scientists someone has heard of.

Papa failed.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked