Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mind power helped move the Suez ship says Uri Geller

Eldorado

26 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Geller under controls? Um no, Geller failed in a epic humiliating way under conditions out of his control, like on Carson he can only "perform"his tricks under his conditions.

Sure, spoon bending is a popular magic trick my question was if done with paranormal abilities why in the world would geller want his name endorsing magic tricks, is it for profit?

A guy who sued randi and lost that his powers were real is resorted to endorsing magic tricks that normally are on the back of a corn flake box, very sad how the mighty have fallen.

Jillett and randi ( wonderful guys ) accept and promote magic as illusion for entertainment not charlatans making false claims of paranormal abilities to fleece people.

I asked not for links to gellars biased website i asked for links to published peer reviewed accredited scientific papers by scientists someone has heard of.

Papa failed.

I guess you'll continue on insisting on misinformation forever because of some ego corner you're painted into. Not going to put much more effort into exposing that.

Oh, and can you show where Geller agreed to have his name associated with magician spoon bending tricks?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I guess you'll continue on insisting on misinformation forever because of some ego corner you're painted into. Not going to put much more effort into exposing that.

Oh, and can you show where Geller agreed to have his name associated with magician spoon bending tricks?

Nice side stepping, would you stop making excuses and post the link to

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

to published peer reviewed accredited scientific papers by scientists someone has heard of.

That geller has paramormal abilities.

Its not in any way my burden to prove geller endorses the spoon bender magic trick but in your asking that it just reaffirms that it makes geller look like a fraud to be selling the trick on ebay.

• Like 1

No it was the Dutch that moved that ship :) Uri Geller is a fraud and James Randi knows it :yes: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Multiple times I've quoted top scientists and top magicians in support of Uri's abilities. That is why I am a believer. Uri is about the #1 hated figure by the so-called skeptics so I consider rationally all I hear. 

This is your true motivation.

To champion the charlatans and liars for personal gain. You like to challenge skeptics but are frustrated as you are not intelligent enough to do so. 

You have quoted people commenting outside their field, well aged retirees and some who have letters behind their name that are completely disconnected from the subject of discussion. You claim to study ancient knowledge and then quote modern rip offs. You're here to troll critical thinking and genuine discussion. Your real motivation is more transparent than you would like it to be. 

After the claims you have made, the amount of times you have been disproven, your support of desecration of human remains and having welched on a bet that you lost regarding your own claims, you really ought to be ashamed of yourself. I don't know how you keep showing up with such a history. You obviously have no shame. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, thedutchiedutch said:

No it was the Dutch that moved that ship :) Uri Geller is a fraud and James Randi knows it :yes: 

Everyone on the planet with at least half a functional brain knows it. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Nice side stepping, would you stop making excuses and post the link to

That geller has paramormal abilities.

Its not in any way my burden to prove geller endorses the spoon bender magic trick but in your asking that it just reaffirms that it makes geller look like a fraud to be selling the trick on ebay.

Apparently you got nothing and this time it’s really obvious. You sure digested those scientific papers you claimed to want rather quickly (lol).

I see a fraud here and it’s not Geller. It might be easier for you not to paint yourself into an ideological corner. Just saying. You start with only one position that you can take on every subject. An open mind can follow the data. Much better I’d say.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I'm starting to believe he doesn't actually believe the jargon that comes out of his mouth. He's getting worse.

I'd agree. It's more a personal vendetta.

I suspect a knowledgeable person made a fool of him in public with some such stupid claim and now it's his passion to hold that grudge against all critical thinkers.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

This is your true motivation.

My true motivation is to learn the truth about this reality as well as it can be known.

Your motivation seems to be to support some materialist view of reality popular in the scientific thought in the middle part of the last century. 

Now in this thread I quoted magicians, scientists, physicists and metallurgists. Just following the data here which is all I care to do. No agenda.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My true motivation is to learn the truth about this reality as well as it can be known.

You're talking to me now. You can drop the front. 

The BS doesn't wash. I know your true motivation, and it's not honest by any means. 

Your motivation seems to be to support some materialist view of reality popular in the scientific thought in the middle part of the last century. 

I'll expose liars charlatans and trolls such as yourself when I see them. Most people don't appreciate the level of dishonesty that you sink to in order to argue with people smarter than you are. 

As for science, you are an enemy of reason. It is material based because it pertains to reality. Not your underdeveloped imagination. 

Now in this thread I quoted magicians, scientists, physicists and metallurgists. Just following the data here which is all I care to do. No agenda.

You posted opinions of nobodies because they oppose mainstream and evidence. 

And you lied.

You said Geller was tested at Stanford University. That's a lie. He was tested at SRI. Stanford Research Institute. A collection of paranormal kooks who are unaffiliated with the university. 

I'll say it again. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

Yes, look it up and post the link ;)

I am mistaken, I saw how he had been debunked and was unable to rebut Randi, so I assumed he had admitted defeat, I am a bit amazed he has the gall to continue to assert he has paranormal abilities to be honest:

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

Too lazy to go back where i posted it last time or just look it up yourself? Thats cool because im not one who doesnt back up their claims.

I misread lol! I thought you were saying he had appeared on TV tonight. I thought it was a new interview, not something archived.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Being new to UM, I assumed papageorge1 was one of the mods, what with the paranormal meter thing. This isn't true, I take it?

• Haha 3

Maybe if we all use our �mind power� together we convince Geller he�s a fraud. Though we will have to do it under our own conditions of course. I can�t believe this guy still shows up with his �performances�. what a joke. I loved watching Mr.Randi pick this guy apart.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Apparently you got nothing and this time it’s really obvious. You sure digested those scientific papers you claimed to want rather quickly (lol).

I see a fraud here and it’s not Geller. It might be easier for you not to paint yourself into an ideological corner. Just saying. You start with only one position that you can take on every subject. An open mind can follow the data. Much better I’d say.

The fault and failure is on you for having nothing but excuses, You never posted what i asked for, published in a science outlet , peer reviewed papers by known named scientists proclaiming geller has paranormal abilities,

What you posted wasnt that, do you even know what accredted peer reviewed scientific reports and studies are? No, you obviously do not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ted hughes said:

Being new to UM, I assumed papageorge1 was one of the mods, what with the paranormal meter thing. This isn't true, I take it?

The "papameter" is some weird way that PG thinks adds credibility and integrity to his very biased flawed thinking that most things are or could be paranormal first,

So most times the parameter will give some percentage of paranormal to every case, we hsve come to expect it.

Since pg thinks pretty much most most things are paranormal the meter is the focus cause of a lot of laughing.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, ted hughes said:

A simple rule of thump is that reality is the opposite of what the "papameter" reads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

The fault and failure is on you for having nothing but excuses, You never posted what i asked for, published in a science outlet , peer reviewed papers by known named scientists proclaiming geller has paranormal abilities,

What you posted wasnt that, do you even know what accredted peer reviewed scientific reports and studies are? No, you obviously do not.

Bats, you don't even understand how science and parapsychology work. They can not logically prove that Geller has paranormal abilities. What they can show are tests with results that do not appear to have any normal explanation. That's what was done in these papers you apparently didn't read or understand.

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Bats, you don't even understand how science and parapsychology work. They can not logically prove that Geller has paranormal abilities. What they can show are tests with results that do not appear to have any normal explanation. That's what was done in these papers you apparently didn't read or understand.

What you do not grasp is what you posted to support geller has paranormal abilities (  tests with results that do not appear to have any normal explanation. ) Are not accredited published for peer review work of legitimate known scientists.

Another place you fail and rather epic is science very much could prove that geller has powers if geller would go into the lab and under the scientists rules of testing and repeatedly show of his ability, hes never done this and when he tries he fails like on Carson.

Its okay, for example chris angel or copperfield wouldnt be able to perform their tricks under controlled conditions either but those cats admit they are magicians.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Another place you fail and rather epic is science very much could prove that geller has powers if geller would go into the lab and under the scientists rules of testing and repeatedly show of his ability

It appears I couldn't clear up your lack of understanding (if that's possible). Science can not prove paranormal abilities because it doesn't have the tools to detect such things. All science can do at this time is eliminate all normal explanations with a controlled environment. That is all that can be expected in the scientific literature I presented. And Geller produced anomalous results in controlled environments that ruled out all the known normal explanations. I hope that sinks in this time.

49 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

And Geller produced anomalous results in controlled environments that ruled out all the known normal explanations.

No, he didnt and no matter how much you say otherwise it wont change that he didnt, your blind belief in him is yours to own.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, the13bats said:

No, he didnt and no matter how much you say otherwise it wont change that he didnt, your blind belief in him is yours to own.

Yep, all those lying or incompetent scientists, parapsychologists, magicians, physicists, metallurgists ......versus those perpetual died in the wool usual skeptics to everything.

In fact, I am good with owning this.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Yep, all those lying or incompetent scientists, parapsychologists, magicians, physicists, metallurgists ......versus those perpetual died in the wool usual skeptics to everything.

In fact, I am good with owning this.

you are just getting angry and letting emotion cause you to blurt nonsense, if owning your closed biased mind is good with you, thats super.

Countless professional magicians have called geller a fake a fraud.

Im waiting to see a published for peer review accredited scientific report from known recognized names not the incompetent ones you hail, proclaiming geller has paranormal abilities, you getting all cross and raving at me doesnt help or prove anything.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• The topic was locked