Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mind power helped move the Suez ship says Uri Geller

Eldorado

I remember years a go while I was still a believer in this stuff, Uri was on several TV shows where he claimed he could help people to mend/fix broken watches, clocks electrical devices.  He would give you his spiel and I would follow it and nothing, zip nada.   I get that it can be entertaining but that is all it is entertainment nothing more.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TashaMarie said:

I remember years a go while I was still a believer in this stuff, Uri was on several TV shows where he claimed he could help people to mend/fix broken watches, clocks electrical devices.  He would give you his spiel and I would follow it and nothing, zip nada.   I get that it can be entertaining but that is all it is entertainment nothing more.

And he sure doesnt do any "under controlled conditions" watch fixing bits, or any real tests for that matter.

The spoon, key etc bending is very old staples in magic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

And he sure doesnt do any "under controlled conditions" watch fixing bits, or any real tests for that matter.

The spoon, key etc bending is very old staples in magic.

Yes the spoon/key bending never really interested me but I had a few broken things I would have liked fixed, but alas it was never meant to be.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Yes the spoon/key bending never really interested me but I had a few broken things I would have liked fixed, but alas it was never meant to be.

I recall when i was young in the 70s grandmother watching a TV show where a guy ( perhaps geller ? ) was trying to fix watches with his mind powers, he failed and a watch repair man pops up showing it was a simple repair.

When i was younger a lot of old guys, lol i thought they were old back then would do the spoon bending trick in restaurants to show off, i never thought much of it either so i would grab their bent spoon and vanish it, a liil brat kid, i had a lot of haters at a young age.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

A simple rule of thump is that reality is the opposite of what the "papameter" reads. 

Hi Not

Maybe the meter needs a thump, or had too many.:huh::whistle:

jmccr8

• Like 4

What really happened.

IMG_20210331_192023.thumb.jpeg.8da15b031dd5d8116da600c0cdd4bba9.jpeg

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

On 3/29/2021 at 5:39 PM, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Geller is clearly a man of talent. It's just a shame that his talent, these days, seems to mostly consist of trying to take credit for other people's achievements.

What achievements would that entail? Being a fraud? He has had a lifetime of doing that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HSlim said:

Where's James Randi when you need him?  

Dead.

• Thanks 2

On 3/30/2021 at 10:11 AM, papageorge1 said:

I do recall me quoting multiple top scientists and top magicians

I CALL.

You do this ALL THE TIME - handwave about 'proof' that doesn't exist.

I think it's time it stopped.  Papa, you will now LINK or CITE to back up your claim.  Make it the best one first so as not to waste our time further on your bull****.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2021 at 5:42 AM, TashaMarie said:

He relied on the well-known fact that old watches and clocks can often be restarted simply by bumping them around a bit, or from warming them up in your hands - it thins the lubricants.  It just take a couple of viewers to report success and hey presto, 'Proof'.

That's 'proof' as defined by all the papa types.  I'm not saying they are gullible, but ... oh wait, yes I am.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

I CALL.

You do this ALL THE TIME - handwave about 'proof' that doesn't exist.

I think it's time it stopped.  Papa, you will now LINK or CITE to back up your claim.  Make it the best one first so as not to waste our time further on your bull****.

I have cited magicians and scientists supporting Geller multiple times on this forum including this thread. 

CITE or QUOTE or admit you are making it up.

You are NOT getting away with it this time.

• Like 2

Here, can I help?  Do the names Puthoff and Targ mean anything to you, Papa...?

And if they do......... well, let's just say I hope that isn't your best.  Did you know about the intercom system?  The hole in the wall?  :D

4 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

And if they do......... well, let's just say I hope that isn't your best.  Did you know about the intercom system?  The hole in the wall?  :D

In posts 44 & 49 he posted two magicians and four people who claim credentials.

That's as far as he goes. Whilst these people are fringe whackjobs that aren't actually doing science that does not seem to matter. He refuses to accept that these people could be wrong, and blames mainstream for their tremendous failures. 

His posting is more flamebaiting IMHO. 

He is a welcher to. He lost a bet, said he would not use his dumb meter again. Quite clearly, he lied about that. Lying appears to come naturally to him so I guess the way he supports the paranormal is just a natural extension of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

In posts 44 & 49 he posted two magicians and four people who claim credentials.

Thanks for that - why didn't he just link back?  (rhetorical question...)

Anyway, his first cite:

"As a magician, I believe that the tests we did (with Geller) could not be duplicated in any way by a magician’s methods.”
Abb Dickson (Professional magician – U.S.A. and President of the International Brotherhood of Magicians 1997-98)

... is a magician I've never heard of.  One who is, of course, controlled in what he can say by the Magician's 'Guild'..... and doesn't Papa watch Penn & Teller Fool Us?  Two of the best magicians around, and they are often fooled by new tricks.  That makes Papa's chosen first cite absolutely and utterly worthless.

He then goes on to quote scientists who did NOT perform properly controlled tests!  Again - useless.

The only ones who initially claimed they actually tried to properly test Geller under controlled conditions were Puthoff and Targ at SRI.  These two scientists were/are very well known for their intense belief in the paranormal.  And when investigators started asking questions later about these supposedly controlled conditions, and the 'shielded' room?  Stanford staff admitted that:

1. There was a live intercom between Gellers room and the room in which the drawings were made and selected.

and if that wasn't bad enough...

2. There was a small 'peephole' in the wall adjoining the rooms, and the drawings were posted on the far side of the room, on the wall opposite the hole.  Geller was unobserved in the other room, and the hole was stuffed with .. wait for it ...  cotton gauze, you know, that stuff you can just pull to the side......

Geller played these suckers like a cheap violin. 

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

This is all a bunch of  nonsense.  Y'all want to know what really happened?  Fine..... I'll tell you. 

I was contracted by the government to fix the problem, and it really didn't take much.  All I did was eat 7 gorditas from Taco Bell, shotgunned 4 room temp PBRs, and blasted @**  in the general direction of the lodged ship.  You're welcome. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Yes, Targ and Puthoff have addressed those desperate attack attempts of Randi that claim it's all cheating.   In the end I absolutely believe that Targ and Puthoff are more interested in the truth than the materialist-agenda driven skeptics. 

But that's only part of the massive cumulative evidence that has me believing Geller has true psychic abilities.

” I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.”
Professor Helmut Hoffmann (Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria)

Edited by papageorge1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Yes, Targ and Puthoff have addressed those desperate attack attempts of Randi that claim it's all cheating.   In the end I absolutely believe that Targ and Puthoff are more interested in the truth than the materialist-agenda driven skeptics. 

But that's only part of the massive cumulative evidence that has me believing Geller has true psychic abilities.

” I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.”
Professor Helmut Hoffmann (Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria)

Mind power did move the ship. Someone had think of a solution, then apply it through actions. Nothing psychic about that. 

Edited by Xeno-Fish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Mind power did move the ship. Someone had think of a solution, then apply it through actions. Nothing psychic about that. 

That means that my dad used mind power to move the ships when he was a captain (initially navy, then merchant). I think he will be surprised to hear that. :P

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stiff said:

Sounds to me like a lot of people are irrationally opposed to evidence of psychic abilities. Geller performs under controlled conditions again and again. sorry.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 2

When one fraud decided to come out and claim psychic powers moved that stupid ship, there will always be fools who agree with him.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked