Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mind power helped move the Suez ship says Uri Geller

Eldorado

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Sounds to me like a lot of people are irrationally opposed to evidence of psychic abilities. Geller performs under controlled conditions again and again. sorry.

Sure. He just happens to show up about the time they're going to get it loose, and his psychic powers did it. Why'd he wait so long? Why not do it on the first day with all those powers?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Sure. He just happens to show up about the time they're going to get it loose, and his psychic powers did it. Why'd he wait so long? Why not do it on the first day with all those powers?

Hyper, I was commenting on controlled testing which this canal thing is not. However, if he has been confirmed to have psychic abilities then I’ll seriously consider what he says on this canal thing.

Geller is just an an overhyped (mostly by himself) illusionist and entertainer. The "psychic powers" thing is part of his schtick, it's show business, entertainment. He has real paranormal abilities in the same way that the Fiji mermaid was a real mermaid (and PT Barnum wouldn't lie).

The moral and ethical aspect of this is debatable but taking advantage of the gullible is a time honoured tradition. Taking money on behalf of a rabbi who died 2000 yrs ago who can do favours for you if you contact him telepathically doesn't sound like a scam much either (lol) but people flock to it. So there's always going to be enough rubes for people like this to have a career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Hyper, I was commenting on controlled testing which this canal thing is not. However, if he has been confirmed to have psychic abilities then I’ll seriously consider what he says on this canal thing.

Where's this confirmation? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

” I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.”
Professor Helmut Hoffmann (Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria)

LOL!

If you don't find that funny, you ain't got a funny bone.

A group of pinheads with electron microscopes, x-ray machines and whatever...yet failed to realise a key was bent by a charlatan/ illusionist. lol. Must be real, x-ray machine said so lol.

They should have pulled his finger to see what would happen, that surely would have had 'em stumped as well...

Edited by Horta
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I wonder if this institution is also known as the "Ponds Institute" of..."scientific studies show that our cold cream reduces visible signs of ageing"...fame. Sounds about as legit lol.

• Like 1

If there was really anything to telekinesis, nasa and other space institutions would be all over it. Because that's where I see it most useful from a realistic perspective.

Thread closed to new comments.

• The topic was locked