Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Canadian UFO reports increased 46% in 2020

Eldorado

It was a clear afternoon when a man driving down a rural road in Alberta with his son saw a pie-shaped object levitating in the sky just before the thing rotated, turned black and suddenly disappeared.

"There were no windows, lights, lines or markings on the object's surface and the edges were all rounded," says a transcript of the man's report made to Winnipeg's Ufology Research.

"Within (one minute) of us seeing the object, we witnessed a military plane flying in the direction of our sighting."

Full report at Pique News Magazine: Link

Chris Rutkowski with Ufology Research says sightings of UFOs across Canada — levitating discs, erratic spaceships and floating triangular objects — increased by 46 per cent in 2020.

Same report at CBC

• Like 3

the13bats

I guess its about time after chris styles fiasco to sell books, i was overwhelmed trying to unpeel the embellishments and out right made up b.s. from what really happened.

One thing for sure styles never presented any proof of the claims he made in his book, just his stories, so nothing there.

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

a man

An report of an alleged UFO starts with "a man" then its nothing its not proof or evidence, we have only this vauge story and we dont know the source.

leaving.gif.b57024a27058dbd02429058301f5ecab.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ThereWeAreThen
Just now, the13bats said:

I guess its about time after chris styles fiasco to sell books, i was overwhelmed trying to unpeel the embellishments and out right made up b.s. from what really happened.

One thing for sure styles never presented any proof of the claims he made in his book, just his stories, so nothing there.

An report of an alleged UFO starts with "a man" then its nothing its not proof or evidence, we have only this vauge story and we dont know the source.

leaving.gif.b57024a27058dbd02429058301f5ecab.gif

Stories are evidence apparently.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

the13bats
27 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Stories are evidence apparently.

To some it really is and i have tried to grasp it you know like when a true believe has zip so they say , yeah, well stories have gotten people hung in courts"

I guess one issue they have is my use of the word "story" i had a friend tell me im appliying story=fiction, which im not, i can call it "account" or "experence" and not place any veneer on it as being fact or fiction just the same as when i say "story".

Eyewitness testimony ( does that some way sound more meaningful? ) is unreliable, weak , memories change, accounts are not very good in courts and is why courts require more evidence than just that story to hang a person.

It also gets confusing that when i say, all you have is a story i mean the person is lying, not at all, i have to get past a few things, ask myself is the person creditable,  reliable,  are they knowingly making it up, are they mental, having delusions, or are they falling for a hoax or they simply do not know that what they are seeing is prosaic.

The first time i saw a firefly i thought it must be supernatural, i was young and forgotten about a glowing bug i heard of but never saw until then.

So after i rule out all those other possibilities i have a guy who sincerely thinks he saw something weird in the sky he very well may have he believes he did i believe he thinks he did but with just his story no, i do not share his belief, that is not a personal slight on him.

Then enter the person or believers who want to jump from "i dont know" to it can only be a ghost, and alien,  something paranormal otherworldly, that type closed minded fantasy based jump might be great for some but not me, i can not reach some absolute conclusion from "i dont know".

And then true believers hate me because their story isnt enough to recruit me to blindly believe and its just another day on the UM forum.

• Haha 1

ChrLzs
15 hours ago, the13bats said:

To some it really is and i have tried to grasp it you know like when a true believe has zip so they say , yeah, well stories have gotten people hung in courts" ...{that} is why courts require more evidence than just that story to hang a person.

And there is also the rather critical difference that people ONLY get 'hung' / convicted of crimes that are tangible and actually exist.  Eg if it's a murder there's a dead body, or if it is car theft the car is found in their garage - that sort of evidence does not apply for any UFO reports to date.  Not even one.

There are more differences, but that one is enough all by itself...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the13bats
10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And there is also the rather critical difference that people ONLY get 'hung' / convicted of crimes that are tangible and actually exist.  Eg if it's a murder there's a dead body, or if it is car theft the car is found in their garage - that sort of evidence does not apply for any UFO reports to date.  Not even one.

There are more differences, but that one is enough all by itself...

I knew someone would say it better than me, :tu:

Its a go to for believers running on empty, after their excuse for proof "it doesnt work that way" epicly fails many pull out the "witness in court" idea.

CuriousEye

Maye it is not the rate of UFOs appearing in the Canadian skies that has rouse up, but the rate of nationwide traffic that has diminished.

Think about it for a while: it's 2020. A global pandemic outbreak struck down the country and subsequently, millions of Canadians foudn themselves stuck at home. It give people a little much of leisure time to observe and report sightings about whatever these engines, manmade or not, or optical illusions are.