Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congressman Gaetz investigated over relationship

Eldorado

A top Republican ally of Donald Trump is the subject of an investigation into "sexual conduct with women", it emerged on Tuesday.

Matt Gaetz, a congressman from Florida, confirmed he was the subject of the Department of Justice investigation but denied that he had ever had a relationship with underage girls.

It came after the New York Times reported that Mr Gaetz was being investigated over allegations he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl, whom he allegedly paid to travel with him.

Federal investigators were examining whether the 38-year-old violated federal sex trafficking laws, the newspaper reported.

UK Telegraph report at MSN: Link

(Worldwide, there's a new 'sex scandal' every week!)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

Well hes in trouble..maybe not much info.

The stuff that came out was kind of bizarre from his side. He is talking about extortion and an ex-girlfriend.    

• Like 1

Skip to the 5:00 minute mark for evidence of a possible hint that Gaetz may have something on Tucker Carlson.

Suggesting that Tucker will remember this girl, is intriguing, to say the least. Why bring up something personal like this in an interview?

It’s as if Gaetz is hinting to people far beyond Tucker himself, if you don’t help me I’m gonna tell on all of you.

Definitely a Spock moment ....

• Like 1

The Republican Party is turning on itself, like a hungry group of unrelated wolves, who have just lost a prize elk(the Presidency,) to a large grizzly bear.

They’re not quite brave enough to take on the alpha, Donald Trump; yet, so they’re starting with the much lower ranking, Matt Gaetz.

Gaetz, who knows the score, is lashing out at Tucker Carlson, bearing his teeth, with his tail tucked between his legs, wondering if he can survive in the federal pen, unarmed.

The grizzly just wants to eat in peace, but is entertained by the wolves injuring one another.

I think he is mixing the two events - the relationship with the 17 year old - and extortion - in an effort to make you believe the extortion is real and the relationship is made up. IMO.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Skip to the 5:00 minute mark for evidence of a possible hint that Gaetz may have something on Tucker Carlson.

Suggesting that Tucker will remember this girl, is intriguing, to say the least. Why bring up something personal like this in an interview?

It’s as if Gaetz is hinting to people far beyond Tucker himself, if you don’t help me I’m gonna tell on all of you.

What an adorable, privileged pair trying so hard to seem like normal guys who've made a success of their lives, Gaetz trying to 'splain away his being yanked down just now.  If only they could get Grover Norquist to join their group, they could tour as the Trust Fund Baby Trio!  They could add some funky lyrics to Aaron Copland's 'Fanfare for the Common Man', and nobody would ever guess they'd been born with silver shovels and a constant need for attention.

That being said, I confess I enjoy watching Gaetz squirm. I know I've felt uncomfortable any time I've ever heard him deliver his toxic diatribes.

Edited by The Wistman
  • Like 2

A Justice Department investigation into Representative Matt Gaetz and an indicted Florida politician is focusing on their involvement with multiple women who were recruited online for sex and received cash payments, according to people close to the investigation and text messages and payment receipts reviewed by The New York Times.

Investigators believe Joel Greenberg, the former tax collector in Seminole County, Fla., who was indicted last year on a federal sex trafficking charge and other crimes, initially met the women through websites that connect people who go on dates in exchange for gifts, fine dining, travel and allowances, according to three people with knowledge of the encounters.

NY Times

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

A Justice Department investigation into Representative Matt Gaetz and an indicted Florida politician is focusing on their involvement with multiple women who were recruited online for sex and received cash payments, according to people close to the investigation and text messages and payment receipts reviewed by The New York Times.

Investigators believe Joel Greenberg, the former tax collector in Seminole County, Fla., who was indicted last year on a federal sex trafficking charge and other crimes, initially met the women through websites that connect people who go on dates in exchange for gifts, fine dining, travel and allowances, according to three people with knowledge of the encounters.

NY Times

This adds some salacious details  (3:09)  :

• Like 2

Well I'm glad to see this guy's career end before begining.

I remember watching the House speech's before the vote to certify the election. 

I saw this guy give the most crazy speech about the election being rigged, and I was like who is this ****. I found out it was Gaetz. First time I heard of him and I could tell he was going to be Trump 2.0 if he got the chance.

Trump but younger and even further down the conspiracy rabbit hole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I think it's more likely that Gaetz was just hoping he could appeal to Tucker's bro side to back him up by reminding him that they had dinner together once.

• Like 1

Looks like a shifty MF.

Edited by OverSword

6 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I think it's more likely that Gaetz was just hoping he could appeal to Tucker's bro side to back him up by reminding him that they had dinner together once.

You could be right. I don’t agree with Tucker Carlson very often, but that was a weird interview.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1