Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon ‘watching’ as Russia steps up aggression in Eastern Europe

Grim Reaper 6

The Pentagon is on alert as Russia steps up its activity in Eastern Europe and the Arctic this week, presenting a new challenge for the young Biden administration, military officials said Wednesday. U.S. European Command has raised its alert status to the highest level after fighting resumed between Russian-backed separatists and Ukrainian soldiers in the Donetsk Region of eastern Ukraine, marking the end of a June 2020 ceasefire, and Russian forces began building up military equipment along the border.

President Joe Biden has already signaled his tougher stance, characterizing Putin as a “killer” and vowing to hold Russia to account for recent hacks, including an attack that compromised software by Texas-based Solarwinds Corp., which affected at least 100 U.S. companies and nine federal agencies. The U.S. has committed more than $2 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since 2014, including providing Javelin anti-tank missiles.

While the Obama administration sent military equipment to Ukraine, the lethal aid didn't come until the Trump administration. And last week, three nuclear-armed Russian submarines punched through several feet of ice in the Arctic, a new show of force in a region American forces are challenged to reach. Earlier in the week, national security adviser Jake Sullivan “affirmed the United States’ unwavering support” for Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity in a phone call with his Ukrainian counterpart, Kirby said.

Pentagon ‘watching’ as Russia steps up aggression in Eastern Europe (msn.com)

This occurred March 28 2021

This occurred March 6 2021

This concurred March 31 2021

• Like 1

I hope whoever is making the decisions on this situation doesn't overreact.  It will be interesting to see if Vladimir is satisfied to consolidate control of Lugansk and Donetsk or if he decides he can strike harder and deeper.  I don't think he is stupid enough to tie his military down in an insurgency.  Ukrainians aren't going to roll over for Russia.  They've been there done that and don't want it again.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, and then said:

I hope whoever is making the decisions on this situation doesn't overreact.  It will be interesting to see if Vladimir is satisfied to consolidate control of Lugansk and Donetsk or if he decides he can strike harder and deeper.  I don't think he is stupid enough to tie his military down in an insurgency.  Ukrainians aren't going to roll over for Russia.  They've been there done that and don't want it again.

There are three major concerns at this time. The threat to the artic, which includes Alaska and Canada do to the 3 Russian Nuclear Power attack Submarines that very recent broke through the ice. The Baltic Countries located on the Baltic Sea and  Russia's boarder. Last but not least the Ukraine, since their annexation of the Crimea Russia has keep constant pressure on the Ukraine. 

Now, I believe it is very safe to say that Russia only has the ability to attack only one of those 3 targets. The last one I am concerned about is Alaska and Canada because if the Russian Do attack there they have a death wish, because they can't win. So I guess if they really feel froggy and do jump it will occur in Europe, and with the entire European Union up in arms and the Fact that the US is guaranteed to support NATO Vladimir is going to get a serious bloody nose.

I don't claim to know or even understand what he is thinking here, except that his current actions are a test to see what kind of response he can get from his actions. I suspect if he doesn't see how that response will go now, he will find out in the very near future