Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Microsoft wins US Army contract

Eldorado

Microsoft wins U.S. Army contract for augmented reality headsets, worth up to $21.9 billion over 10 years

• Microsoft will deliver to the U.S. Army more than 120,000 devices based on its HoloLens augmented reality headset.
  • The deal, which could be worth as much as $21.88 billion over 10 years, follows a contract Microsoft received to build prototype headsets for the Army.
  • The contract comes a year and a half after Microsoft won a cloud contract from the Pentagon that could be worth up to $10 billion.

Full report at CNBC

Working on updates
46% complete
Do not turn off your rocket launcher

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Shocked, shocked I say.

Seriously though, they were the first to have a secure cloud network available that had solid encryption that kept things running during the pandemic.

I've heard of augmented reality but I've never seen an example of it in any device I own.  If I understand the concept, the heads up display identifies objects, locations and such in real time?  Considering the youth going in the military now, it's probably a good idea to make it as simple as possible.  After all, they have important training in wokeness...