Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police officer dies after car rams US Capitol complex

Setton

23 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Kinda sad dude, not a word concerning the dead and injured Police Officers or their families just more of your political rhetoric. :no:

I know.  I'm kid of bummed that this **** doesn't seem to even get a response out of me anymore.  That's how common violence is now.  Almost every morning I wake up to a couple of shootings locally while I was sleeping.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Kinda twisted Manwon. The initial title (which got changed by a mod I am told) was about an attack on the capital. Kinda misleading and over-sensationalized was all I said.

No, it wasn't. It was changed to update with the fact one of the officers had died.

It never said an attack on the capitol.

It's sad you have to resort to such transparent lies.

Just now, OverSword said:

The car didn't actually ram the capitol complex though, did it?  It rammed a concrete barrier.  I mean let's get real, you'd need a Humvee or something to get up the stairs and ram the capitol.

That is a fair point, I just in this case do not feel that the headline is overtly OTT.  With any news article we all know not to bother with the headline/title and just read the story because 99.99% of the time its BS.  

In this case as with all others I will wait on the outcome of the investigation to draw my own conclusions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Setton said:

It never said an attack on the capitol.

Yes it did.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TashaMarie said:

That is a fair point, I just in this case do not feel that the headline is overtly OTT.  With any news article we all know not to bother with the headline/title and just read the story because 99.99% of the time its BS.  

In this case as with all others I will wait on the outcome of the investigation to draw my own conclusions.

Really all I want to do is read the comments by *******s like aztec but they've taken those away from us now ;)

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Really all I want to do is read the comments by *******s like aztec but they've taken those away from us now ;)

Taken them away?  How so?

Edited by TashaMarie
Yet another typo

8 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Taken them away?  How so?

Not here.  Comments formerly available after news stories on most news websites.  About the only place that allows them now is the Daily Mail.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Not here.  Comments formerly available after news stories on most news websites.  About the only place that allows them now is the Daily Mail.  

Oh okay and the DM comments are a cesspit, in my opinion.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I know.  I'm kid of bummed that this **** doesn't seem to even get a response out of me anymore.  That's how common violence is now.  Almost every morning I wake up to a couple of shootings locally while I was sleeping.  

I can relate to that, remember I use to live and still own a house in Lakehood.:D In threads like this I wish the political rhetoric could be shelved, because we have a dead and an a injured Police Officer who were injured do to some idiotic moron and that is overlooked in favor of individual political agendas. One post had to make it a point that the suspect was Black, and he thought that a important talking point. Seriously read through the posts in this thread, there is lots of bickering but no empathy for the Officers.

Take Care. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Oh okay and the DM comments are a cesspit, in my opinion.

I know, right?  So much fun!! :tsu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Like I asked in my previous post did we read different articles?

No, I read the same article.  Let me see if I can try to explain my thinking.  Remember when BLM actually had a peaceful march in Dallas a couple of years back?  One former soldier decided to use the occasion to employ his marksmanship skills from a deck of a parking garage.  He shot five Dallas police officers DEAD... FIVE.  I don't recall the media spinning stories about "Dallas being under attack".  Do you see my point?  

I'm certainly not trying to minimize the evil that this attacker did.  I'm sad and angry that a cop isn't going home after his shift and I feel badly for those who loved him.  My concern since 1/6/21 is that a very untrustworthy media is doing its best to inflame and incite, and focus anger on one group of citizens and they are good at their job.  This is a real situation and it has the potential to cause serious repercussions at some point.  If the media convince huge numbers of people that one certain group, in this case, "Right Wingers" are plotting and attacking the government then it makes it a lot easier for some of those people to feel justified in lashing out at the "Right Wingers".  The media is pushing and crafting a negative narrative and it isn't going to end well, that's all I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I can relate to that, remember I use to live and still own a house in Lakehood.:D In threads like this I wish the political rhetoric could be shelved, because we have a dead and an a injured Police Officer who were injured do to some idiotic moron and that is overlooked in favor of individual political agendas. One post had to make it a point that the suspect was Black, and he thought that a important talking point. Seriously read through the posts in this thread, there is lots of bickering but no empathy for the Officers.

Take Care. 

Well you know how it is.

Some of us get a nightly brainwashing that the police should be abolished.  Welcome to my life. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Just now, and then said:

No, I read the same article.  Let me see if I can try to explain my thinking.  Remember when BLM actually had a peaceful march in Dallas a couple of years back?  One former soldier decided to use the occasion to employ his marksmanship skills from a deck of a parking garage.  He shot five Dallas police officers DEAD... FIVE.  I don't recall the media spinning stories about "Dallas being under attack".  Do you see my point?  

I'm certainly not trying to minimize the evil that this attacker did.  I'm sad and angry that a cop isn't going home after his shift and I feel badly for those who loved him.  My concern since 1/6/21 is that a very untrustworthy media is doing its best to inflame and incite, and focus anger on one group of citizens and they are good at their job.  This is a real situation and it has the potential to cause serious repercussions at some point.  If the media convince huge numbers of people that one certain group, in this case, "Right Wingers" are plotting and attacking the government then it makes it a lot easier for some of those people to feel justified in lashing out at the "Right Wingers".  The media is pushing and crafting a negative narrative and it isn't going to end well, that's all I'm saying.

My comment was not a critique on your comment. I was just confused and wondered if we had read the same article. I just felt that the one I had read had not overly dramatized what had happened as is usually the case. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I know, right?  So much fun!! :tsu:

I must admit they do tend to bring out the worst in me and I can bite back a bit, which is actually quite unusual for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Riiiight.

So glad to hear that Nice, Berlin and London weren't terrorist attacks after all.

Are you comparing a car ramming into a baricade the same as a bomb in a subway?

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Well you know how it is.

Some of us get a nightly brainwashing that the police should be abolished.

Partner I get 7 English speaking news channels here, plus since I can speak Korean I also get the Korean News channels. In reality the nonsense of defunding and abolishing the police is nothing but another political nonsensical talking point that will never occur. In reality if anything our police forces Nationwide are only going to grow, nothing else can happen with our Nationally Sky Rocketing Crime rates.:yes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Partner I get 7 English speaking news channels here, plus since I can speak Korean I also get the Korean News channels. In reality the nonsense of defunding and abolishing the police is nothing but another political nonsensical talking point that will never occur. In reality if anything our police forces Nationwide are only going to grow, nothing else can happen with our Nationally Sky Rocketing Crime rates.:yes:

That is recorded out my kitchen window Manwon.  8:00 pmEVERY NIGHT.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No there have been several attacks in Europe where cars have been driven into members of the public.  

Two of the attacks https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40147164

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36800730 

Edited by TashaMarie
To place link
  • Like 3

Just now, OverSword said:

That is recorded out my kitchen window Manwon.  8:00 pmEVERY NIGHT.

Sorry to hear that, why do you choose to live there?

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Sorry to hear that, why do you choose to live there?

Do you move if you have an annoying neighbor?  

12 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, I'm comparing a car ramming into police officers, followed by a knife attack to a car ramming into police officers followed by a knife attack.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yes it did.  

Sure it did :rolleyes:

Not like I wrote it or anything...