Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Other Things Did Jesus Do

Brandy333

"John 21:25 25And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."

Has anyone ever read what were these other things which Jesus did?   Since they are not mentioned here perhaps other literature speaks of them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

"John 21:25 25And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."

Has anyone ever read what were these other things which Jesus did?   Since they are not mentioned here perhaps other literature speaks of them.

It very possible he married and had children, and that his linage is still present on Earth today 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It very possible he married and had children, and that his linage is still present on Earth today 

? :wacko: . . . . . . .after dying on the cross, being buried and then 'ascending to heaven'?!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Interesting, but that verse in John refers to the fact Jesus did so many things that if they were all written not even all the books in the world could contain them all.   I used to hear a suggestion that He married Mary Magdeline but this can't be confirmed.

40 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

? :wacko: . . . . . . .after dying on the cross, being buried and then 'ascending to heaven'?!!

Before:yes:

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Interesting, but that verse in John refers to the fact Jesus did so many things that if they were all written not even all the books in the world could contain them all.   I used to hear a suggestion that He married Mary Magdeline but this can't be confirmed.

There a number of scriptures that were never added to the Old Testament, the Catholic Church has many of them. However, it is impossible to view them, because they dont want to ever be seen.

Gospel Of Philip (Concerning Mary and Jesus) Gospel of Philip - Wikipedia

10 Ancient Religious Texts Not Included in the Bible :10 Ancient Religious Texts Not Included in the Bible (historycollection.com)

THOMAS'S GOSPEL of the INFANCY of JESUS CHRIST. The Lost Books of the Bible: Thomas's Gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ (sacred-texts.com)

The Lost Books of the Bible: The Lost Books of the Bible Index (sacred-texts.co

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brandy333 said:

Yes there is other literature that speaks of the things you're referring to. 

Link

• Haha 1

I suspect, that given his reaction after casting out Legion*, he probably did a fair bit of daemonic exorcism.

* to summarise - Our Lord did say “seriously folks, don’t tell anyone you just saw me do that”. 

• Haha 3

if you accept that  Jesus was "The Word" in  the beginning, and was  always a part of god in heaven, then  Jesus was responsible for creation (in the bible narrative)  and probably took part in the  first war of the angels. 

ie Jesus' works extend far beyond the bounds of earth. 

As part of god, he would also have been involved with humans for millennia before his physical manifestation .  Indeed, some argue that it was an early manifestation of Christ who wrestled with Jacob  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

What Other Things Did Jesus Do?

what jesus are you referring to? jesus was a popular name at the time, as the TV show 'red dwarf' depicts:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

What Other Things Did Jesus Do?

what jesus are you referring to? jesus was a popular name at the time, as the TV show 'red dwarf' depicts:D

Jesus Christ.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Jesus Christ.

oh that one.. silly me:blush:

though christ was a popular surname as well at the time.. probably many jesus christs about

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

oh that one.. silly me:blush:

though christ was a popular surname as well at the time.. probably many jesus christs about

Well there have been some claiming to be Christ but there's actually only one.

• Like 1

Just follow Harry Potter to have an idea.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Just follow Harry Potter to have an idea.

The Weasley Family are Jesus’ descendants.... fact.

• Haha 3

Intramural basketball league. The Rabbi’s (skins) vs the Harlots (shirts), he tried underwater basket weaving but kept floating to the top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4