Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Earth and it's twin, the Moon

janesix

Current Earth Diameter- 7917.6 miles Radius-3958.8 miles

Current Moon Diameter- 2158.8 miles Radius- 1079.4 miles

Before Earth expansion 250 million years ago- 1700k radius or 1056 miles (according to J.Maxlow) Continents only, no water or oceans.

End-Permian, biggest mass extinction 250 million years ago

Mass extinction every 26 million years (coinciding with flood-basalt eruptions)

Basalt on Earth most common volcanic rock type, Crustal portions of oceanic tectonic plates are composed predominately of basalt from below. Much less common on continents. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/12/201211083113.htm#:~:text=million-year cycle-,Researchers find that timing of mass extinctions lines up,impacts and massive volcanic eruptions&text=Subsequently%2C paleontologists discovered that such,26-million-year cycle.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/goddard/2019/moonquakes The Moon is shrinking

The Earth is expanding, and slowing down as it does so. The Moon is shrinking. My theory is that the Moon and Earth exchange mass (in basalt and water mostly) on a regular basis, with one expanding and the other shrinking. The minimum radius is 1056 miles, the maximum radius is 3960 miles for both planets. When the Earth reaches maximum radius, the Moon reaches minimum radius and vice versa, on a 250 million year timeline.

I am working on an exact timeline, here is what I have so far:

259,200,000 year timeline

25,920,000 (26 million year mass extinction events)

25,920 Great Year (Precession of the Equinoxes)

259,200,000/25,920,000 = 10 (that means 10 mass exchange events, resulting in 10 extinction events per cycle)

25,920,000/25,920=1000 (that means 1000 Great Years per mass exchange cycle)

Numbers of interest:

1056/2=528 528/2=264 264/2=132 132/2=66 66/2=33"

A lunar month lasts 29.53 days. So after 12 lunar months, you’re about about 354 days. This is short of the 365 days that it takes the Earth to orbit the Sun. This is a problem since after about 3 years, the lunar months are out of cycle with the solar year by about a month. And this problem would just continue.

It takes 33 years for the cycle of lunar years to get back to the original position.

https://www.universetoday.com/20620/lunar-year/

Edited by Still Waters
Source link added to quoted text
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Sorry.. but the moon is not earths twin.. 

Suggest you do a primer on exogeology (or astrogeology as it is also known as) 

Then read the basics of the moons composition.. 

also.. take a bit of the look at the latest stuff that came out this month regarding the remains of a protoplanet potentially being below the earths surface.. from there go onto the the different theories on how the moon was formed.. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Sorry.. but the moon is not earths twin.. 

Suggest you do a primer on exogeology (or astrogeology as it is also known as) 

Then read the basics of the moons composition.. 

also.. take a bit of the look at the latest stuff that came out this month regarding the remains of a protoplanet potentially being below the earths surface.. from there go onto the the different theories on how the moon was formed.. 

All theories of moon formation (and planet formation, for that matter) are inadequate, even for scientists if they are being honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Earth's one Moon, if looked at given the parameters of our own solar system and the other moons within it, is decidedly odd.

54 minutes ago, janesix said:

The Earth is expanding, and slowing down as it does so. The Moon is shrinking. My theory is that the Moon and Earth exchange mass (in basalt and water mostly) on a regular basis, with one expanding and the other shrinking. The minimum radius is 1056 miles, the maximum radius is 3960 miles for both planets. When the Earth reaches maximum radius, the Moon reaches minimum radius and vice versa, on a 250 million year timeline.

And how to you propose the Earth and Moon exchange water and basalt? Is there some sort of river of water and stone between the two that for some reason is completely invisible and unknown?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, rashore said:

And how to you propose the Earth and Moon exchange water and basalt? Is there some sort of river of water and stone between the two that for some reason is completely invisible and unknown?

The Earth to  Moon Wormhole.  Also, the Moon is hollow and that's why the Reptilleans live below the surface.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, rashore said:

I don't know.

• Like 1

Just now, joc said:

The Earth to  Moon Wormhole.  Also, the Moon is hollow and that's why the Reptilleans live below the surface.

The Moon IS hollow. But it hasn't always been.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Earth's one Moon, if looked at given the parameters of our own solar system and the other moons within it, is decidedly odd.

There are multiple odd things about the moon. Many scientists admit this, some think it shouldn't even exist because it is so odd and unatural.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, janesix said:

1 minute ago, janesix said:

There are multiple odd things about the moon. Many scientists admit this, some think it shouldn't even exist because it is so odd and unatural.

Of course the Moon is hollow.  How else could the Reptilleans live inside of it?  Well, it's almost hollow...there is the lunar ocean inside as well.  

and yes...scientists...All of science in fact...are completely baffled about the Moon.  There is nothing really we know about it at all.  In fact, it may not even exist

Read about all that HERE

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, janesix said:

The moon is made of green cheese!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Of course the Moon is hollow.  How else could the Reptilleans live inside of it?  Well, it's almost hollow...there is the lunar ocean inside as well.  

and yes...scientists...All of science in fact...are completely baffled about the Moon.  There is nothing really we know about it at all.  In fact, it may not even exist

Read about all that HERE

Cute.

Just now, jethrofloyd said:

The moon is made of green cheese!

Grow up.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

At culmination, the Earth and moon are at a ratio of 3.5 to 1. This is a Biblical number, as well as a sacred number in Yogic tradition. They knew this.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

They, the Reptillians?  of course they did.

Seriously, the really interesting thing about the moon is how much we actually do know about it.  We've visited it.  We have studied it...inside...and out for decades.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

They, the Reptillians?  of course they did.

Seriously, the really interesting thing about the moon is how much we actually do know about it.  We've visited it.  We have studied it...inside...and out for decades.  

Oh yes, the double whack theory is my favorite. I think I first read a bout that in my "just so" stories book. Just like "dark matter" and other fables they make up when they have no ffing clue what they are talking about.

• Confused 1

Out of curiosity, how does the expanding earth theory tackle the evidence of pre Pangaea super continents? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, janesix said:

Some rat ate all the best cheese on the inside.

I mean, how can you expect this topic to be taken seriously?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just now, Abramelin said:

Some rat ate all the best cheese on the inside.

I mean, how can you expect this topic to be taken seriously?

I don't expect materialists to take anything I say seriously. 

This is for open minded people, as always. 

• Haha 8

Pending: Reichsflugscheibe/Bilderberg/Planet-X/Elvis/NWO/Rothschild/Windows95 etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Out of curiosity, how does the expanding earth theory tackle the evidence of pre Pangaea super continents? 

There was originally ONE continent that covered the entire Earth. When the Earth is at minimum, there are no oceans. The Oceans and seafloors are created from below, along places like the mid atlantic ridge. 

• Confused 4

4 minutes ago, toast said:

Pending: Reichsflugscheibe/Bilderberg/Planet-X/Elvis/NWO/Rothschild/Windows95 etc.

Do you have anything useful to add to the conversation?

6 minutes ago, janesix said:

I don't expect materialists to take anything I say seriously. 

This is for open minded people, as always. 

I am open minded, but my brains didn't fall out.

Anyway, here a scientific paper about the expanding earth, although not what you expected:

Evidences of the expanding Earth from space-geodetic data over solid land and sea level rise in recent two decades

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, janesix said:

There was originally ONE continent that covered the entire Earth. When the Earth is at minimum, there are no oceans. The Oceans and seafloors are created from below, along places like the mid atlantic ridge. 

Right but there's several pieces of evidence indicating continents have broken apart and rejoined multiple times in the past. 

This claim rests in the idea there was once a single continent, not multiple indivual super o continents that left traces and mountain ranges. 

• Like 3

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a22594681/weve-been-wrong-before-expanding-earth-theory/

Quote:

“We’ve Been Wrong Before” is Popular Mechanics' encyclopedia of scientific ideas that sounded good at the time but didn't quite pan out. Today: The Expanding Earth Theory, which argues that the reason the continents have spread apart is that the Earth itself has been getting bigger over the years.

And this is the expanding earth theory:

http://www.alternativephysics.org/book/ExpandingEarth.htm

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked