Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Artificial Intelligence is billions of years old

118 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

SeekTruth
On 4/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, zep73 said:

Superposition is one example. When a particle is in two states at the same time.

But said particles are not actually in two places at one time. It's merely that the location of the particles cannot be known until observed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
khol
On 4/8/2021 at 2:03 PM, Nosy.Matters said:

|s it a Book ? .. or film ?

My apologies Nosy..I had a typo there. I should have said " watching" not "reading" 

There is the conception of infinity that humans have no way of grasping. Bubble universes being born from one another in a way that gives no explanation of a begining or an end. Your left wondering what these universes are expanding into and on and on it goes

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nosy.Matters
16 minutes ago, khol said:

My apologies Nosy..I had a typo there. I should have said " watching" not "reading" 

There is the conception of

Yes,, the subject is spooky and fun.  |'m into reading lately esp. w/ Limited internet connection.  

 

Thx on the reply, regards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender

Here is a very good book all can access online on the subject of String Theory, I have read it and while not an expert on the subject the approach to this theory is very interesting. I would recommend it to anyone that is interested in expanding their knowledge on this subject.

@zep73 @Troublehalf @Rlyeh @khol @HortaBut 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
14 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

But said particles are not actually in two places at one time. It's merely that the location of the particles cannot be known until observed.  

Not places, states. A particle can have an up-spin or a down-spin. In the superposition it has both. When observed, it "chooses" one of them.

The uncertainty principle is a different matter, where you can't know a particle's position and momentum (speed) at the same time.

I'll PM you soon!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Reincarnation in a nutshell.

So, now you want to talk to me again? I'm glad!

I'm not dismissing reincarnation personally, only stating that, from a scientific POV it's obscure and shattered, when it comes to evidence. Impossible to make a conclusion.

Personally I think there might be something to it. Like if we were players in a video game. If we fail to reach our goals at first run, we get a new chance. But unlike a video game, the world cannot be reset, every time we fail, so we get a new avatar, a new life, instead.

Not my favorite theory, but I can accept it as a faint possibility.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
On 4/10/2021 at 10:38 AM, zep73 said:

Not places, states. A particle can have an up-spin or a down-spin. In the superposition it has both. When observed, it "chooses" one of them.

The uncertainty principle is a different matter, where you can't know a particle's position and momentum (speed) at the same time.

I'll PM you soon!

In the superposition is has both an  up spin and a down spin? How does this make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs

Why do things have to make sense to someone who hasn't done even basic reading on the topic?

Start from the basics... 

 

I do a lot of reading into subjects like these and there are several things that do not make common sense, but .. they are observably true.

In the same vein, is it 'common sense' that light is, for some reason, the 'speed limit' of the Cosmos?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Why do things have to make sense to someone who hasn't done even basic reading on the topic?

Start from the basics... 

 

I do a lot of reading into subjects like these and there are several things that do not make common sense, but .. they are observably true.

In the same vein, is it 'common sense' that light is, for some reason, the 'speed limit' of the Cosmos?

No need to be presumptuous. This topic is not new to me. I've had extensive discussions on this very question with my good friend whose dissertation was on quantum entanglement.

Observably true, you say? It is not observably true that particles exist in two states simultaneously until they are observed. It is an inference. How does the inference make any sense?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
21 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

It is not observably true that particles exist in two states simultaneously until they are observed.

??? :wacko: ???  Oh, OK.....  carry on and I'll leave this for others.. :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
19 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

??? :wacko: ???  Oh, OK.....  carry on and I'll leave this for others.. :D 

Odd that a bright chap such as yourself is having trouble understanding plain English. 

Riddle me this: Are particles ever observed with an up-spin and a down-spin simultaneously? Don't think too hard about this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobu

I feel like the multitude of dimension talk is a lot like the infinity talks. Not sure if our current math is capable of tackling either. And before some other  person links me a good book to read on infinity... save it. I’m probably the closest person alive to solving the collatz conjecture. I have a good grasp of what I’m talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem
49 minutes ago, Nobu said:

I’m probably the closest person alive to solving the collatz conjecture.

Have you created a thread regarding this?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, Nobu said:

I feel like the multitude of dimension talk is a lot like the infinity talks. Not sure if our current math is capable of tackling either. And before some other  person links me a good book to read on infinity... save it. I’m probably the closest person alive to solving the collatz conjecture. I have a good grasp of what I’m talking about.

I agree with others you should start thread and present your theory, this forum has a number of people whose background is Theretical Physics ( String Theory ), along Einsteins theories of Relativity and Special Relativity. It should be an interesting topic to discuss.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs

I'd be interested in exactly how the Collatz conjecture is relevant... :) 

I mean, it is a number progression so the potential input does extend (almost) to infinity but I can't see how, even if solved, it tells us anything about the topic...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
12 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

Odd that a bright chap such as yourself is having trouble understanding plain English. 

Riddle me this: Are particles ever observed with an up-spin and a down-spin simultaneously? Don't think too hard about this one.

And of course ChrLzs has nothing to offer but hot air blown from you know what. Per the usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

In the superposition is has both an  up spin and a down spin? How does this make sense?

It doesn't. It's quantum weirdness.
Like with entanglement, it was the math that first told us about it. The math showed that entanglement was possible, before it was proven. It's the same with the superposition.

Perhaps this will elaborate it for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_superposition

Notice that the spin states are called 0 and 1. Like bits in a standard binary computer.

Edited by zep73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
21 minutes ago, zep73 said:

It doesn't. It's quantum weirdness.
Like with entanglement, it was the math that first told us about it. The math showed that entanglement was possible, before it was proven. It's the same with the superposition.

Perhaps this will elaborate it for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_superposition

Notice that the spin states are called 0 and 1. Like bits in a standard binary computer.

Would you say that the law of non-contradiction is violated in the event that a particle is simultaneously in the state up-spin and down-spin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
Just now, SeekTruth said:

Would you say that the law of non-contradiction is violated in the event that a particle is simultaneously in the state up-spin and down-spin?

Absolutely. It should be impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
Just now, zep73 said:

Absolutely. It should be impossible.

In that case, I reject the notion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
14 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

In that case, I reject the notion.

It is extremely difficult to prove, because any measurement will ruin the result.

But I did find this: https://www.azoquantum.com/News.aspx?newsID=7657

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, zep73 said:

It is extremely difficult to prove, because any measurement will ruin the result.

But I did find this: https://www.azoquantum.com/News.aspx?newsID=7657

I presuppose the law of non-contradiction and will therefore, by default, reject any notion that violates this presupposition. 

 

Perhaps there is a way to conceive of superposition without violating the law of non-contradiction?

Edited by SeekTruth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
12 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

Perhaps there is a way to conceive of superposition without violating the law of non-contradiction?

Perhaps see it as a lump of clay. It's in a potential state, that can go either way. It can become a coffee cup or a tea cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
42 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Perhaps see it as a lump of clay. It's in a potential state, that can go either way. It can become a coffee cup or a tea cup.

That's all well and good, but a completely different animal than the idea that they are simultaneously in both states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
11 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

That's all well and good, but a completely different animal than the idea that they are simultaneously in both states.

Okay, I have one better, but with a different approach.

Quantum computing is only possible if the superposition is real!

In 2019 NASA and Google performed the world's first quantum computation:

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/ames/quantum-supremacy

That's proof of concept.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.