Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Nimitz Encounters

TrumanB

Did anyone watch this documentary? It has some interesting witnesses...

• Like 1

I had lunch with Evis today and it was fun.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TrumanB said:

No use going there bro...already heated discussions on this here. Apparently both Fravour and Underwood are crackheads. Its incredible they became Naval pilots. Thats the real mystery

Source out the threads

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, khol said:

No use going there bro...already heated discussions on this here. Apparently both Fravour and Underwood are crackheads. Its incredible they became Naval pilots. Thats the real mystery

Source out the threads

Strange and weird people join the military all the time. The fact these two became pilots is not really mysterious. They quite simply had the aptitudes that made them suited to be pilots.

• Thanks 4

Hints of sarcasm my friend. However I dont find them strange or weird at all. Ego driven perhaps as most Top Guns likely are. But not strange or weird. Just my opinion

Edited by khol
  • Like 1

@TrumanB anything notable/new which hasn’t been discussed before?

I assume regurgitated info. But would be interested if anything new.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TrumanB said:

I watched about 2 minute of it before I'd had enough of another History Channel style BS. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Timothy said:

That video is about two years old and has been addressed here on multiple threads.  Without the use of the word "crackheads", iirc.... :) 

To summarise, the videos show nothing other than jet aircraft exhausts, unidentifiable due to distance, or in one case a met/party/target balloon or bird.  The claims about radar data suggesting impossible maneuvers has NEVER been supported by any actual data.

And there's a coupla 'interesting' anecdotes, worth exactly the same amount as any other story told without evidence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

That video is about two years old and has been addressed here on multiple threads.  Without the use of the word "crackheads", iirc.... :) 

To summarise, the videos show nothing other than jet aircraft exhausts, unidentifiable due to distance, or in one case a met/party/target balloon or bird.  The claims about radar data suggesting impossible maneuvers has NEVER been supported by any actual data.

And there's a coupla 'interesting' anecdotes, worth exactly the same amount as any other story told without evidence.

Thanks! I assumed nothing new, and ~two years old is basically a guarantee of that!

Cheers for the reply, I won’t waste my time watching. 

Though I do fear this dead horse will be flogged again soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, khol said:

Hints of sarcasm my friend. However I dont find them strange or weird at all. Ego driven perhaps as most Top Guns likely are. But not strange or weird. Just my opinion

No, no sarcasm. There are eccentric people in all branches at all levels. 

I find there motives and timing strange if they are to be believed.

12 minutes ago, Trelane said:

No, no sarcasm

Sorry I meant my post was..there certainly not crackheads. At least I hope there not haha

14 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I find there motives and timing strange if they are to be believed.

fair enough 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Timothy said:

It's not my fault that search function is not functioning!

43 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Use Google: site:unexplained-mysteries.com nimitz

Algorithm is much better than the UM search.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

Im not poking but in the ufo section this topic is well played out how did you miss rhe nothing burger?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

Im not poking but in the ufo section this topic is well played out how did you miss rhe nothing burger?

Yes; multiple threads extensively demonstrating that the wild claims do not live up to sceptical scrutiny, and can be explained by the mundane. 

And the believers often trying to make arguments while not even understanding that different unrelated events occurred. Confusing the different videos/events and making completely false arguments based on their ignorance of said events.

The Phoenix lights is another good example of this; people making arguments mixing up the two different events or not even knowing that they were separate and seemingly unrelated.

If believers want to be taken seriously; they need to have at least put a bit of time into understanding what they’re commenting about first in order to even be able to begin to make some kind of argument supporting a fantastical explanation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/7/2021 at 1:21 AM, khol said:

Apparently both Fravour and Underwood are crackheads. Its incredible they became Naval pilots.

they could have become crackheads after they left the navy... i guess looking at it more seriously i'd change the use of the word =<crackhead> to the phrase= <addicted to the little bit of fame & extra spending money gained via this alleged incident>

imo this seems more fitting here;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/8/2021 at 1:39 AM, Timothy said:

Use Google: site:unexplained-mysteries.com nimitz

Algorithm is much better than the UM search.

Again, not working for forum section.

4 hours ago, Nobu said:

These are the threads that keep me here.

How about you contribute?  Eg, what made you laugh the loudest?

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

How about you contribute?  Eg, what made you laugh the loudest?

You are a good one man. Please keep being you.

18 minutes ago, Nobu said:

You are a good one man. Please keep being you.

so what made you laugh then?

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

so what made you laugh then?

Explaining the joke always sucks bud. You guys  are good. Was just saying thanks.

53 minutes ago, Nobu said:

Explaining the joke always sucks bud. You guys  are good. Was just saying thanks.

oh joy

My speculation on the "joke" certain parties see the nimitzs encounter as a smoking gun of aliens but of course lack any proof to keep from looking silly so in what i believe could be called "sour grapes" they just make some vauge insiderish remark about laughing at those who see the minitzs event as being whats laughable here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, the13bats said:

My speculation on the "joke" certain parties see the nimitzs encounter as a smoking gun of aliens but of course lack any proof to keep from looking silly so in what i believe could be called "sour grapes" they just make some vauge insiderish remark about laughing at those who see the minitzs event as being whats laughable here.

Spot on, especially with this one. They almost always come into a thread and have moan about things without contributing and then disappear.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1