Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China flanks Taiwan with military exercises in air and sea

Grim Reaper 6

China's armed forces conducted simultaneous military exercises to the west and east of Taiwan on Monday in a move analysts said was a warning to the self-ruled island and its supporter, the United States. 

A 'warning' from Beijing

China's maneuvers Monday demonstrated its military superiority over Taiwan, Shi Hong, executive chief editor of Chinese magazine Shipborne Weapons, said in a Global Times report.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-flanks-taiwan-with-military-exercises-in-air-and-sea/ar-BB1fnEa9

• Sad 3

Taiwan says will fight to the end if China attacks

Taiwan will fight to the end if China attacks, its foreign minister said on Wednesday, adding that the United States saw a danger that this could happen amid mounting Chinese military pressure, including aircraft carrier drills, near the island.

Reuters report at MSN

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

sad thing is it would take china no more than a week  to completely destroy, invade Taiwan,  and usa will do absolutely nothing about, aside from few useless sanctions. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We need the Quad :gun:.

But seriously, **** China. Just leave Taiwan alone. It's not hard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

We need the Quad :gun:.

But seriously, **** China. Just leave Taiwan alone. It's not hard.

You've chosen a side in the Chinese Civil War.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

You've chosen a side in the Chinese Civil War.

Homie we chose a side at the literal start of their civil war B).

But in all seriousness I don't think it even counts as a civil war at this point. It's been too long and the nations are too independent. The war ended.

Now it would be like if North Korea invaded South Korea. That's not a civil war anymore, that's just a war between two independent nations. 

Or like if the UK invaded the US.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anchors to Chinese ships have been found off the Oregon coast.  I wonder when China will claim Oregon?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Homie we chose a side at the literal start of their civil war B).

But in all seriousness I don't think it even counts as a civil war at this point. It's been too long and the nations are too independent. The war ended.

Now it would be like if North Korea invaded South Korea. That's not a civil war anymore, that's just a war between two independent nations. 

Or like if the UK invaded the US.

How many members of the UN agree?

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

How many members of the UN agree?

The UN where China has veto power. Lul.

Would you define an independent nation as a nation that has its own government, elected officials, economy, military, trade agreements, alliances, and culture? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The UN where China has veto power. Lul.

Would you define an independent nation as a nation that has its own government, elected officials, economy, military, trade agreements, alliances, and culture? 

The Republic of China once had veto power.  They blocked the admission of Mongolia because it was part of "Taiwan".

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The Republic of China once had veto power.  They blocked the admission of Mongolia because it was part of "Taiwan".

And as of early 2000s Taiwan recognized them as an independent nation.

Not sure what your point is unless it's that it would be smart do China to follow Taiwan's example lol.

Just now, spartan max2 said:

And as of early 2000s Taiwan recognized them as an independent nation.

Not sure what your point is unless it's that it would be smart do China to follow Taiwan's example lol.

You brought up veto power.  Remember?

How did "Taiwan's" veto power help them?

Just now, Golden Duck said:

You brought up veto power.  Remember?

How did "Taiwan's" veto power help them?

I am entirety at a loss of what your point is or what you are even trying to argue about. 

Perhaps you could clarify what it is you want. 

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I am entirety at a loss of what your point is or what you are even trying to argue about. 

Perhaps you could clarify what it is you want. 

Were all at a loss about what point you were trying to make about veto powers.

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Anchors to Chinese ships have been found off the Oregon coast.  I wonder when China will claim Oregon?

They actually were on their way to Seattle when the anchor was lost, Seattle is their true objective didnt you not know that X is really into Grung!:lol:

Peace Dude

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

They actually were on their way to Seattle when the anchor was lost, Seattle is their true objective didnt you not know that X is really into Grung!:lol:

Peace Dude

Stone anchors Manwon :D

chinese_stone_anchors.JPG

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Stone anchors Manwon :D

chinese_stone_anchors.JPG

Well you didn't specify, but can you picture X rocking out to grunge now that would be be a Hoot!!:lol:

23 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Were all at a loss about what point you were trying to make about veto powers.

You asked about the UN recognizing Taiwan as a nation.

I pointed out the UN cannot because China will veto it always. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

You asked about the UN recognizing Taiwan as a nation.

I pointed out the UN cannot because China will veto it always. 

Read it again.  I asked how many members of the UN agreed.  You seemed to think that veto extends to other members official posture.

Regardless, Taiwan had power of veto and now aren't even recognised as a member.

It's not up to me to make your introduction of veto relevant.

• Thanks 2

China deploys jets and bombers into Taiwanese airspace in 'biggest incursion to date'

MSN

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 12:47 PM, aztek said:

sad thing is it would take china no more than a week  to completely destroy, invade Taiwan,  and usa will do absolutely nothing about, aside from few useless sanctions. 

Add to that scenario the simultaneous roll into Ukraine by Russian Federation troops and Joe would be paralyzed on TWO fronts.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 12:28 PM, OverSword said:

Remember, if there's a significant number of Russian expats there, Vlad may decide to "reunite them" with the Rodina ;) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, and then said:

Remember, if there's a significant number of Russian expats there, Vlad may decide to "reunite them" with the Rodina ;) 

Well they can have Portland but we're keeping the rest.

• Haha 2

I actually visited the Rose City about 20 years or so ago.  I remember it being beautiful.  I'm glad to have that memory because it may be a very long time before it will be like that again.

I think we’re one “Gavrillo Princips” away from a whole lot of trouble.