Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas mom killed 6yr-old son for insurance money?

Eldorado

A Texas woman is accused of killing her 6-year-old son by giving him a lethal cocktail of drugs that would have led the child to suffer frightening hallucinations for days before his death.

Prosecutors say Ashley Marks took out two life insurance policies about a month before the death of her son Jason Sanchez-Marks, which a coroner later ruled to be homicide.

Ms Marks has been charged with capital murder - a crime that has a maximum penalty of the death sentence - and appeared in court in Houston on Monday, where the judge set her bond amount at $750,000.

Full story at MSN: Link

ABC-13 Houston: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

But surely the policies wouldn't pay out after just a month?

• Like 3

It sounds like the mother tried to set up her dad so police would think he was responsible in some way. The article says the mom was an insurance agent. I'm sure she knows the ins and outs but I agree with ouija ouija. I don't think those policies would pay out in only a month.

Such a lovely boy. It's so sad he and his sister were diagnosed with TB. I hope the sister is now getting proper care.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Death sentence look appropriate, or demining until explosion by walking in some sad part of the world.

Edited by Jon the frog