Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Hard Science of Reincarnation

rashore

2 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

I don't believe anything. The more I look around the more I see people just following their beliefs, very little facts. All because of some emotional investment. 

:no: Must be a bleak world you live in. No richness. Bummed I am.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

:no: Must be a bleak world you live in. No richness. Bummed I am.

Not bleak at all. I don't have to emotionally gamble with nonsense. I once invested myself in a deeply spiritual life, that lead to regret and misery. Disappointment on a very deep level. So why would I do something like that again. I can enjoy a sunrise without making some divine association. I live my life with a generalized form of agnosticism, I have opinion, I just don't believe that they are 100% true. Call it being open minded. When it comes to reincarnation and religious/spiritual/magical stuff I see no special woo-ness in it. If when I die there is something, there is something, but while I'm alive I don't plan on putting mental energy into believe that I'll get a happy ever after. At most I'm going to hell. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xeno-Fish said:

Not bleak at all. I don't have to emotionally gamble with nonsense. I once invested myself in a deeply spiritual life, that lead to regret and misery. Disappointment on a very deep level. So why would I do something like that again. I can enjoy a sunrise without making some divine association. I live my life with a generalized form of agnosticism, I have opinion, I just don't believe that they are 100% true. Call it being open minded. When it comes to reincarnation and religious/spiritual/magical stuff I see no special woo-ness in it. If when I die there is something, there is something, but while I'm alive I don't plan on putting mental energy into believe that I'll get a happy ever after. At most I'm going to hell. 

I'm happy for you. At least you have some belief. My apologies for my ego post. You're just an absolute proof oriented person. Nothing wrong with that. I hope you find the proof you need. Regards.

Hank

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm happy for you. At least you have some belief. My apologies for my ego post. You're just an absolute proof oriented person. Nothing wrong with that. I hope you find the proof you need. Regards.

Hank

Not so much proof as pragmatic. Not everyone shares the same reality tunnel. I've been building one based on simplicity and practicality. If I am going to believe in something, I'll believe in what produces actual results. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Which is why life should be fully embraced. Because death is the only truth in life. After we pass all we have is hope and speculation. Latching onto that hope is latching onto the fear of death. Everything has its season.

Yep, honestly, in my line of work, ( caregiver) god crutches fall by the weigh side, death is fully accepted and the opinions of those facing this journey are among the best conversations I have ever had those that have made peace with death appear to be free, there is only one person I have cared for who carried the delusion of a god construct to the end and lets just say she was out of her mind with fear until her last breath. She was a nightmare cuz she was in a nightmare in her head. Nothing helped the fear. Saddest thing I have ever seen. 

How are you doing? Glad to see your better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

How are you doing?

Physically, I'm trying to lose weight. 

Mentally, more stoic I guess. My truck died and it'll be getting a new engine this week, so it is what it is.

Emotionally, kind of just here. 

Kind of riding this middle ground in life. I like it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Physically, I'm trying to lose weight. 

Mentally, more stoic I guess. My truck died and it'll be getting a new engine this week, so it is what it is.

Emotionally, kind of just here. 

Kind of riding this middle ground in life. I like it. 

Great on the weight loss, you will just feel better once you make your goal. I feel so good after losing 30 pounds. I am maintaining it too. You got this.

Emotionally neutral, nothin wrong with that.

Welcome back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Welcome back.

For now. Haven't seen too many threads that I've felt like engaging in. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 6:16 PM, Manwon Lender said:

Ego is the root cause of disagreement, and Buddhist strive to remove Ego from their lives, because they believe that without doing so they can't continue their their chosen path to find an enlightened way to view the world and to discover the meaning of existence. 

Hi Manwom

Ego is also what has driven me t try to make thing right., We have had different yet similar lives/experiences although we my not understand the scope of circumstances of those events. Does my ego play a part?   Most definitely. I can not describe what I have seen to you in this form of communication, I do not think that ego if properly applied is wrong.

I do not wish to discuss personal challenges incurred through others but will state that me being me is what I am

jmccr8

• Like 2

I'll just toss this in...I'm starting to think that the meaning and reason of existence...is simply,  Existence.    It is because, it is.  ...we are because, we are.     ????

But then, I also believe that we are each...everywhere and everything !   So, I guess we should take what I say with a grain of salt. ?    :lol:

20 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Not so much proof as pragmatic. Not everyone shares the same reality tunnel. I've been building one based on simplicity and practicality. If I am going to believe in something, I'll believe in what produces actual results. 

Good for you X.   I try to live simply and practically too.  I'm incredibly 'frugal' . . I like to posses very little beyond what I actually need or enjoy.  It's freeing to need so little and ,thereby, feel  Rich  :P

your a get'er done sorta guy. !    (and a bit of a Perfectionist) ! 

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lightly said:

I'll just toss this in...I'm starting to think that the meaning and reason of existence...is simply,  Existence.    It is because, it is.  ...we are because, we are.     ????

But then, I also believe that we are each...everywhere and everything !   So, I guess we should take what I say with a grain of salt. ?    :lol:

I think you do make a good point. 

• Thanks 1