Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
rashore

The Lizzie Borden Murder House Has a New Owner

rashore

Congratulations are in order to the new owner of the Lizzie Borden house, the infamous Fall River, Massachusetts residence where Borden’s father and step-mother were found slain in a grizzly 1892 ax murder. Borden was ultimately acquitted of the crime, which officially remains unsolved, though folklore surrounding the nearly 130-year-old mystery tends to paint Borden as the culprit who literally got away with murder. 

The home’s new owner, Lance Zaal, snapped the murder house up for $2 million after the property hit the market back in January and expects to become the home’s new owner in the coming months. “It’s not official yet. We still have to go through closing,” Zaal told Realtor. “It’s certainly a process. We’re buying the property as well as the business.”

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/crime/lizzie-borden-murder-house-new-owner

• Like 1

Earl.Of.Trumps

Hehumm... who wants to sleep there? :w00t:

• Haha 1

Nobu

“We’re going to look at producing an official Lizzie Borden ax — that we will provide for ax-throwing, and also to sell to guests,” said Zaal.

You just can’t make this up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

and then
20 hours ago, Nobu said:

You just can’t make this up

Charleston, SC has a pub where one of the clubs throw short axes at targets.  That's the first I'd ever seen of such a sport.  I'd rather stick to darts, myself.

• Like 2

Earl.Of.Trumps
On 4/17/2021 at 7:31 PM, and then said:

Charleston, SC has a pub where one of the clubs throw short axes at targets.  That's the first I'd ever seen of such a sport.  I'd rather stick to darts, myself.

Short axes in a pub... with alcohol... Seriously, how long do you think it will take? Remember Lawn Darts (Jarts)? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

HollyDolly

That's too  much, little axe sovenouirs.  Is that so guests can do a little hatchitation as Carrie Nation would say. Please tell me  you know who she was. Seems like a lot of people don't know who many people of the past were. She belonged to the Woman's Christian Temprence Movement who fought against alchol. Nation used to use a hatchet or axe and  bust up saloons.

Tatetopa
On 4/17/2021 at 4:31 PM, and then said:

Charleston, SC has a pub where one of the clubs throw short axes at targets.  That's the first I'd ever seen of such a sport. 

A little more common on the West Coast,  Featured at Timber carnivals with competitors from around the world.  

On 4/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Short axes in a pub... with alcohol... Seriously, how long do you think it will take?

Loggers are a bit like Vikings with chain saws.  The professional competitors don't drink since there is prize money involved, the amateurs do though.  Course I had only seem it done outside until recently..

Course you knew Portland was weird.

Best Axe Throwing in Portland, OR

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=axethrowing&find_loc=PORTLAND%2C+OR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1