Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The one-legged Jewish rope walker

Eldorado

A gravestone in Corsicana’s Hebrew cemetery bears only two words: “ROPE WALKER.”

For 137 years, no one knew who was buried beneath it.

I first saw the stone and heard its back story 15 years ago while researching the genealogy of a Texas family buried in the cemetery.

I thought it was a gross injustice to the memory of the unknown man and to his family, who probably never learned what became of their father/husband/son/brother.

I also viewed it as a thoroughly worthwhile challenge to see if I could discover his name.

How I solved the mystery was not nearly as sensational as the mystery itself, a legend about a grave and its mouldering contents, a story seemingly straight out of the Brothers Grimm.

Full story at DMagazine: Link

• Like 2

Are we supposed to buy the book to find out the guy's name?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

One-of-a-kind will to survive and succeed.  The story sounds familiar.

• Like 1

Inspiration for a TV show reboot; "Rope Walker: Texas Ranger". Narrated by Chuck Norris, of course. 

IMG_20210408_083435.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Epic fail,

Thats just a long winded book ad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Epic fail,

Thats just a long winded book ad.

Is that so bad? I mean, without adblocker (and now even with) you are basically a product being sold on the internet. And when you are not a product everyone is trying to sell you something.

ffs.... a dude wrote a book and wants people to read it. And if he is good at this book writing stuff he might even make another. You actually convinced me to purchase the book just now.

so thanks.

I actually do support people that add to culture, art and history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nobu said:

Is that so bad? I mean, without adblocker (and now even with) you are basically a product being sold on the internet. And when you are not a product everyone is trying to sell you something.

ffs.... a dude wrote a book and wants people to read it. And if he is good at this book writing stuff he might even make another. You actually convinced me to purchase the book just now.

so thanks.

I actually do support people that add to culture, art and history.

Easy slick,

You are correct that the net if full of adverts and this site has them too in their place but not in threads, there is a section on music on the forum do i or can i promote my club shows there? No of course not nor would i want to i dont come here to pimp my wares,

Not to name names as i dont even care for the guys attitude but i know of one paranormal writer who posts on here i do believe if he posted a thread to sell his book it would get deleted, how do you decide who gets to advert in threads and who doesnt? In that case he contributes but this writer hasnt.

And before you get wound up with me tone gets lost in type i really do not care all that much im not taking it all serious i suppose if threads were over ran with ads i would move on but thats not really where this is going.

I babbled my opinion you babbled yours they differ but i am good with that and hope you are too.