Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
philipgoetz

SCPs and Trevor Henderson

philipgoetz

Question. 

My son is 6 and loves SCPs and Trevor Henderson. Anyone else see this interest at such a young age? 

• Like 1

Desertrat56

Welcome to the forum.  I will have to look up Trevor Henderson & what SCPs are before I have a clue to answer your question.

OK.  I did look them up and I find the SCPs interesting fantasy and something a 6 year old might be interested in.   But the horror artist is strange.  What kind of media (television, video games, etc) do you let him engage with?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Sad 1

rashore

I had to go look it up too.. 

Not positive, bu sounds like SCP's might be a modern creepy pasta? video game? https://www.wired.co.uk/article/control-game-scp-foundation

And Trevor Henderson is an artist... some of his art looks a heck of a lot like some of the hoaxes and mis-ID kind of stuff we see floating around here from time to time. 

• Like 1

Eldorado

He's cooler than your average kid, that's all..

I was into horror movies when I was about five and was allowed to stay up late to watch them because I never freaked out or had bad dreams.

I found them more interesting than scary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Orphalesion

I'm just curious...does your child read the SCPs by himself, do you read them to him or does he watch YouTube videos were a guy reads them? Because if he reads them by himself I'm impressed at his reading level at that age! 

In general a lot of children like spooky stuff and him reading those on the internet is not really different than children of earlier generations buying ghost story comics or telling spooky stories. As long as you monitor him and make sure he's not overwhelmed by it, I think it's alright. It can be very random what triggers fear.

20 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I was into horror movies when I was about five and was allowed to stay up late to watch them because I never freaked out or had bad dreams.

I didn't watch many horror movies as a kid, but my sister (who's ten years older than me) went through a vampire phase in her teenage years (as would I as a teen) so I saw a lot of vampire media when I was a kid, just by sitting by when she watched it. Weirdly the one thing that scared me about them was that I was afraid that if a vampire bites me I'd have to wear black all the time, my sister solved that by telling me that vampires only have to wear black when they go out hunting people and funnily enough, that solved the issue for me :P
I wasn't bothered by that stuff.

Yet Ursula from the Little Mermaid...that lady scared the **** out of me. And I was also very scared of the devil and demons...because unlike vampires, where I was told they were fake, my very Catholic grandmother told me that the devil and demons were real, and out to get my soul...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hankenhunter
28 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

You, and me both. People thought I was weird because I never got scared, just more enamored. I would laugh when someone clutched at me in the movie theater. Now I know there's at least one person like me. Thanks.:tu:

• Like 1

Hankenhunter

Went, and checked it out. Like watching a slender man video game turned into a movie by editing. Creepy, but basically harmless. You tube is chock full of these games turned into movies. Some are really well done like the Alien (Ripley) spin off games turned into movies. Long movies. My favorite.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

the13bats

Im 56 so at 6 didnt have the magic of the net but sure was drawn to the spooky campy horror, loved hammer films and the munsters, planned for halloween all year, still do, in a way but heck after i got older everyday was halloween.

Some things did however scare me none the less i was still drawn to it, i didn't however like blood and gore for the sake of shocking disgust i still dont.

• Like 2

ThereWeAreThen
On 4/7/2021 at 10:01 PM, rashore said:

I had to go look it up too.. 

Not positive, bu sounds like SCP's might be a modern creepy pasta? video game? https://www.wired.co.uk/article/control-game-scp-foundation

And Trevor Henderson is an artist... some of his art looks a heck of a lot like some of the hoaxes and mis-ID kind of stuff we see floating around here from time to time. 

It's a pretty cool and dark universe where people can add what ever they want to it. There are 1000s of different SCPs (creatures, anomolies etc), with 1000s of different stories. Got a feeling its inspired by Lovecraft (like most horror).