Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden to take a flurry of actions on gun control

Vorg

I'm interested to see what he's come up with.  Whatever it is, it will have passed through the hands of a number of legal experts first, so it's not going to be "gone in sixty seconds."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What is so great about devices, whose sole purpose is to kill?
I know "guns don't kill people, people kill people", but they make it so much easier. You don't even have to make an effort, you just aim and squeeze.
And let's not forget that the 2A was written in another time, very very different from ours. A time where help was very far away, if you needed it, and where a foreign invading aggressor was very likely. Those times are gone.

In my country only hunters and police have guns. Gun killings are so rare here, that each of them makes national news!

Isn't it time America stepped into the modern world, and gave up on brutal ancient defences?

Just saying....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

President Biden on Thursday will announce a half-dozen executive actions focused on curbing gun violence, including regulations on home-assembled firearms and the nomination of a gun-control advocate to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

image.png

This has been needed for a long time, isn't funny how some many say he is metally challenged,but acctually he is the only President in 20 years who has stoodup to special interests, if that is menatlly challenged we need to put more metally challenged people in Congress and the Senate.:yes:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 6

If they came up with mandatory weapon safety and handling training before owning a weapon, or anything like that, but let you "keep and bare arms" what is wrong with that? 

Every single day people are killed by weapons either improperly handled or stored children included.

You occasionally hear of Police or Military personnel killed or injured by improperly handled or stored, but nowhere near the magnitude of civilian deaths because of the training they have received. 

If the NRA hadn't fought mandatory weapon training before owning a weapon to cut down on firearm related deaths, they probably wouldn't find themselves in a struggle right now to stay alive.

Our Police and Military have training and few deaths, yet civilians aren't required to have training, and it shows in statistics with 43,000 handgun deaths last year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

This has been needed for a long time, isn't funny how some many say he is metally challenged,but acctually he is the only President in 20 years who has stoodup to special interests, if that is menatlly challenged we need to put more metally challenged people in Congress and the Senate.:yes:

He's not bowing to the NRA who donates tens of millions to our Senators. Totally pathetic they bow down to the will of money the NRA throws at them.

Which Senators Have Taken the Most NRA Money? | Brady (bradyunited.org)

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Our Police and Military have training and few deaths, yet civilians aren't required to have training, and it shows in statistics with 43,000 handgun deaths last year.

That is essentially completely wrong.

In 2020 there was approximately 43,000 deaths from all fire arm types, not just handguns.  Of those 43,000 deaths approximately half were suicides and approximately half were homicides, of which most homicides were committed with a handgun.  Accidental gun deaths in America are traditionally around 500 people a year.

• Like 2

My dad rip 2014 gave me most of my opinions on guns and ownership, my dad was a hunter and kept a few hand guns, had a CW permit carried 3 on him until he was mid 80s.

He made fun of rootin tootin gun guys who he said had guns to make up for lacking in other areas, like self confidence.

I see nothing wrong with people owning guys, do a background check, past at least as much test as it takes to get a DL no fully auto weapons no need to hord guns or ammo and hobbyist mech tech in me says figure out some way to allow homemade stuff like 3d printed guns,  i wish i could afford a good 3d printer not for guns but other fun stuff.

What goes south is a certain type make the whole gun laws thing more about their personal politics and trashing the other side than the guns.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

That is essentially completely wrong.

In 2020 there was approximately 43,000 deaths from all fire arm types, not just handguns.  Of those 43,000 deaths approximately half were suicides and approximately half were homicides, of which most homicides were committed with a handgun.  Accidental gun deaths in America are traditionally around 500 people a year.

You are right. Bad research on my part.

I didn't vote for Biden or Trump and I have never voted for a Democrat in my life. However, like you I also dont understand how they think. But, with that said, and if I was given a choice I would not the change the way things are under any circumstances. Trump was the most DETRIMENTIAL AND DISTRUCTIVE President our country has every had. He claimed he would drain the dam swamp, instead he filled it up to levels that have never been seen in American History, and then he jumped in and went swiming with all the other Rats.

Maybe I am wrong but, has there ever been another President where such a large number of his intimate adivsers have been prosecuted and put in prison?

Getting back to the topic, while there are many things I dont like about Biden, there are many other things that it apears he is doing right. But, one thing is for certain, he so much more Presidential than Trump could ever possible be and by showing empathy in these times of National Crisis he gaining support every day, and Trump is falling farther and farther behind.

Take care Bro

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Let the old snowflake flurry away. All my stuff is single action and lever action.

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

My dad rip 2014 gave me most of my opinions on guns and ownership, my dad was a hunter and kept a few hand guns, had a CW permit carried 3 on him until he was mid 80s.

He made fun of rootin tootin gun guys who he said had guns to make up for lacking in other areas, like self confidence.

I see nothing wrong with people owning guys, do a background check, past at least as much test as it takes to get a DL no fully auto weapons no need to hord guns or ammo and hobbyist mech tech in me says figure out some way to allow homemade stuff like 3d printed guns,  i wish i could afford a good 3d printer not for guns but other fun stuff.

What goes south is a certain type make the whole gun laws thing more about their personal politics and trashing the other side than the guns.

Actually the past year has shown us that hording ammo is a good thing.  Most people like to shoot their guns but few are because ammo is scarce.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zep73 said:

I know "guns don't kill people, people kill people", but they make it so much easier. You don't even have to make an effort, you just aim and squeeze.
And let's not forget that the 2A was written in another time, very very different from ours. A time where help was very far away, if you needed it, and where a foreign invading aggressor was very likely. Those times are gone.

In my country only hunters and police have guns. Gun killings are so rare here, that each of them makes national news!

Isn't it time America stepped into the modern world, and gave up on brutal ancient defences?

Just saying....

Here's the thing.  In the USA the bad guys have guns.  Gun control laws aren't going to prevent them from having guns.  If you are in a situation in which you have to protect your family or yourself you can call the police but they are only going to arrive on time to write a report 99% of the time.  You should be able to tend to your own safety and owning a gun to protect yourself is one of the boxes to tic to achieve that.  You don't have to like it.  I personally don't feel the need but understand that others do and I support their right to do so.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, South Alabam said:

If they came up with mandatory weapon safety and handling training before owning a weapon, or anything like that, but let you "keep and bare arms" what is wrong with that? 

Shall not be infringed.  If you had to pass a class that could be an infringement.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Here's the thing.  In the USA the bad guys have guns.  Gun control laws aren't going to prevent them from having guns.  If you are in a situation in which you have to protect your family or yourself you can call the police but they are only going to arrive on time to write a report 99% of the time.  You should be able to tend to your own safety and owning a gun to protect yourself is one of the boxes to tic to achieve that.  You don't have to like it.  I personally don't feel the need but understand that others do and I support their right to do so.

Spot on.  The criminals will still have guns.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Mexican cartels were already planning to produce and procure guns for a surge in the black market in the coming months/years. 

I have several guns.   First it was just a .22 rifle for pests.   Then a revolver for fun and protection.   I live with my wife and daughters 1 mile outside of city limits on a mostly wooded 7 acres.   Also 40 acres bordering my on the north that is a nature preserve.  No close neighbors so we would be a good target for a criminal.  I've since bought a few other guns here and there.  I bought 2 AR-15's a few years ago.   More of an investment but they are fun to shoot.  All total I probably have $4000 invested in them.   That includes ammo and the gun safe.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, zep73 said:

I mean that's what's great about it. "The Great Equalizer".

It does not matter if you're smaller, elderly, a woman, disabled, or outnumbered. With a firearm you still have an equal chance to protect yourself. 

Instead of just the biggest preying on others.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

Spot on.  The criminals will still have guns.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Mexican cartels were already planning to produce and procure guns for a surge in the black market in the coming months/years. 

I have several guns.   First it was just a .22 rifle for pests.   Then a revolver for fun and protection.   I live with my wife and daughters 1 mile outside of city limits on a mostly wooded 7 acres.   Also 40 acres bordering my on the north that is a nature preserve.  No close neighbors so we would be a good target for a criminal.  I've since bought a few other guns here and there.  I bought 2 AR-15's a few years ago.   More of an investment but they are fun to shoot.  All total I probably have $4000 invested in them.   That includes ammo and the gun safe.  

Isnt that it right there, strict gun laws seem to just unhinge some gun lovers,  nut ball loonies and bad guys will get their guns.

Mental screen gun buyers make a license like a DL and work on educating gun owners so kids and friends dont die in stupid accidents.

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Isnt that it right there, strict gun laws seem to just unhinge some gun lovers,  nut ball loonies and bad guys will get their guns.

Mental screen gun buyers make a license like a DL and work on educating gun owners so kids and friends dont die in stupid accidents.

It's probably me, but I can not figure out what you are saying in that last sentence.

22 minutes ago, the13bats said:

kids and friends dont die in stupid accidents.

Approximately 72 million gun owners in America, on average 500 gun deaths a year due to gun accidents.  Using that as justification for gun control is not the strongest argument.

• Like 1

for the  last 30 years we are taking measures on gun control, restrict ban, and make it harder and harder for law abiding citizens to buy guns ammo, so why does the crime rate keeps going up, and shootings only increase???

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aztek said:

for the  last 30 years we are taking measures on gun control, restrict ban, and make it harder and harder for law abiding citizens to buy guns ammo, so why does the crime rate keeps going up, and shootings only increase???

Because trans-women have it tough competing in high school sports against females? :D

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Approximately 72 million gun owners in America, on average 500 gun deaths a year due to gun accidents.  Using that as justification for gun control is not the strongest argument.

Since i wasnt pushing "gun control" your reply didnt fit at all but thanks for the attention.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

It's probably me, but I can not figure out what you are saying in that last sentence.

Maybe not you, its a very hard day today,

What i meant was when anyone buys a gun like with getting a DL you have to pass a little safety test, you know might keep some dolt from leaving his weapon where a kid finds it and playing around shoots someone,

One needless death due to a stupid gun owners carelessness is too many.

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Since i wasnt pushing "gun control" your reply didnt fit at all but thanks for the attention.

You just want mental screening, a system similar to getting a driver's license, which would involve testing, and requiring classes being taken.  Use what is stastically a very rare event as justification for such actions, then try to argue you arent pushing gun control.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DarkHunter said:

You just want mental screening, a system similar to getting a driver's license, which would involve testing, and requiring classes being taken.  Use what is stastically a very rare event as justification for such actions, then try to argue you arent pushing gun control.  

And by the standards of the left that would be racist as poor minorities would have a harder time paying for classes.

• Like 3