Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden to take a flurry of actions on gun control

Vorg

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Since i wasnt pushing "gun control" your reply didnt fit at all but thanks for the attention.

Maybe not you, its a very hard day today,

What i meant was when anyone buys a gun like with getting a DL you have to pass a little safety test, you know might keep some dolt from leaving his weapon where a kid finds it and playing around shoots someone,

One needless death due to a stupid gun owners carelessness is too many.

I would welcome a training class with each gun purchase.   As long as it isn't too intrusive.    I'd be against a 4 hour class that costs your $50.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And by the standards of the left that would be racist as poor minorities would have a harder time paying for classes.

It would certainly meet the standards of racism set by the left.  Could even make the argument that since minorities tend to live areas with higher violent crime that the left wants them unable to defend themselves too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aztek said:

for the  last 30 years we are taking measures on gun control, restrict ban, and make it harder and harder for law abiding citizens to buy guns ammo, so why does the crime rate keeps going up, and shootings only increase???

It is not hard for a law abiding citizen or a responsible gun owner to buy firearms and ammo  or own as many as you want.  In 40 years, my max was 7.  

No doubt about it violent crime has risen in the past year reversing a trend of the last 20.  If you are looking for crime statistics, you might find potential causes or confirmation bias. Depends on whether you want to restrict firearms, or solve violent crime, or just fuel your anger and blame somebody else 

https://nypost.com/2021/02/01/americas-murder-rate-increase-in-2020-has-no-modern-precedent/

As for domestic violence, analysts were only able to examine data from 12 cities. They found that there was “a significant increase” in these types of offenses during the early months of the COVID-19 pandemic, but the rate then leveled out to be roughly the same as it was in 2019.

These would be legal gun owners involved in violence with people they know.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/11/20/facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/ft_20-11-12_crimeintheus_2/

FT_20.11.12_CrimeInTheUS_2.png?w=640

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

You just want mental screening, a system similar to getting a driver's license, which would involve testing, and requiring classes being taken.  Use what is stastically a very rare event as justification for such actions, then try to argue you arent pushing gun control.  

Relax slick, i dont want to control anyones guns buy all of them you desire i just believe a deadly weapon like this shouldn't be freely handed out to every flashback F up who wants to go blow away people buying their ribroast at the piggly wiggly,

If you want a DL you take the test and you get one its not control maybe restrictions.

who wants every loon to be able to just pop into cleetus bait and tackle and buy guns with zero checking except maybe other loons,

So sure if my thinking a person should have to prove they are capable of oening a gun is "control" in your mind so be it.

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

I would welcome a training class with each gun purchase.   As long as it isn't too intrusive.    I'd be against a 4 hour class that costs your $50.

Sure, not too expensive, and a little check to see if the person is a loon then focus on safety its not asking much, the only folks who think it is asking too much likely shouldnt be owning guns.

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Relax slick, i dont want to control anyones guns buy all of them you desire i just believe a deadly weapon like this shouldn't be freely handed out to every flashback F up who wants to go blow away people buying their ribroast at the piggly wiggly,

If you want a DL you take the test and you get one its not control maybe restrictions.

who wants every loon to be able to just pop into cleetus bait and tackle and buy guns with zero checking except maybe other loons,

So sure if my thinking a person should have to prove they are capable of oening a gun is "control" in your mind so be it.

You can try to rebrand what you want however you want but ultimately you are advocating for gun control and you used an emotional appeal to argue for it with stastitics that dont back your argument. 

Now being clearly wrong you are getting defensive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And by the standards of the left that would be racist as poor minorities would have a harder time paying for classes.

Great point that will not be brought up by any media.

19 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I cant speak for a "side" but if you cant afford a gun class then you cant afford a gun, when you use "racist poor minorities" in the same breath it sounds odd like you are suggesting only one race has poor people, which is not the case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Are you thinking the fact that guns cost money is racist?  Should the government supply free firearms to all citizens? Are you supposing the classes cost significant money?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Are you thinking the fact that guns cost money is racist?  Should the government supply free firearms to all citizens? Are you supposing the classes cost significant money?

Photo ID cost very little but its apparantly racist and a violation of rights to require it for voting in federal elections according to Democrats.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Approximately 72 million gun owners in America, on average 500 gun deaths a year due to gun accidents.  Using that as justification for gun control is not the strongest argument.

Of course similar statistics apply to voter fraud.  

6 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

You can try to rebrand what you want however you want but ultimately you are advocating for gun control and you used an emotional appeal to argue for it with stastitics that dont back your argument. 

Now being clearly wrong you are getting defensive 

Go antagonize to trigger someone else trust me you arent even a runner up.

I assure you im not defensive, i would have to care, im bored and feel crappy so im peaking away at this just to burn off my nerves, nothing more, i really dont care who buys guns. With the exception of loonies, sounds like you want mentally ill and felons to be allowed guns?

Perhaps you dont like my idea of passing a test and mental screening to own guns because you fear or know you would fail it.

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I cant speak for a "side" but if you cant afford a gun class then you cant afford a gun, when you use "racist poor minorities" in the same breath it sounds odd like you are suggesting only one race has poor people, which is not the case.

He is just applying the same logic that progressive activist typically use but to this situation. To throw some shade at them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

By the standards set by the left not by me.  Also you can be given a gun and in my state and that free transaction must happen with a background check.  So logically that same free gun would also come with the burden of having to take the class and pay for it.  Racism, for the same reason requiring ID to vote is racist.  You really can't have both ways (not you, in general I mean) either something is or is not racism.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Photo ID cost very little but its apparantly racist and a violation of rights to require it for voting in federal elections according to Democrats.

We are talking about guns not made up CT stuff about stolen elections, you cant even sray on subject, im done with you today.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

See above.  And for the record I don't actually consider it racist or voter ID laws racist.  But some do and I don't see why this would not also apply in this case from the point of view of their argument.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

By the standards set by the left not by me.  Also you can be given a gun and in my state and that free transaction must happen with a background check.  So logically that same free gun would also come with the burden of having to take the class and pay for it.  Racism, for the same reason requiring ID to vote is racist.  You really can't have both ways (not you, in general I mean) either something is or is not racism.

I think i get it but today just isnt my day for it, you guys have fun try to play nice ill type at you all later....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I believe it is equating it a little to the thought of requiring ID to vote is often condemned as racist.    More minorities do not have ID's and more minorities don't have ways to go get ID's.   More minorities cannot afford ID's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

We are talking about guns not made up CT stuff about stolen elections, you cant even sray on subject, im done with you today.

The principal is the same though.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

So let me follow your logic here.  You seem to be criticizing the proclivity of the left to call out racism on photo ID cost.  You don't subscribe to that I gather. Sounds good to me.  Now you want to adopt the left's standards on racism for gun classes?  Any consistency in your standards or just opportunism?.

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Good to see you completely and utterly missed the point.

The point is owning guns and voting are both rights outlined in the constitution.  But to Democrats requiring documentation of some form violates one of those rights but not the other.  It was to point out the hypocritical views of the left in American politics

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

So let me follow your logic here.  You seem to be criticizing the proclivity of the left to call out racism on photo ID cost.  You don't subscribe to that I gather. Sounds good to me.  Now you want to adopt the left's standards on racism for gun classes?  Any consistency in your standards or just opportunism?.

The left has already abandoned consistency so why should the right now be forced to follow it at their detriment

Just now, Tatetopa said:

I'll answer for myself, not for OverSword.

It's calling out the Democrats who claim photo ID's are racist.   Frankly I don't think either is racist, but the Democrats will only pick one to be racist and that is the inconsistency we see. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Let me just say I would count gun safety classes a good idea and I would count mandatory gun safety classes an infringement.  

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'll answer for myself, not for OverSword.

It's calling out the Democrats who claim photo ID's are racist.   Frankly I don't think either is racist, but the Democrats will only pick one to be racist and that is the inconsistency we see. 

And that too.  I am calling out the lefts ridiculous argument against voter ID laws.  Of course the easy way to eliminate the need would be a mail in system.  

Edited by OverSword

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Go antagonize to trigger someone else trust me you arent even a runner up.

I assure you im not defensive, i would have to care, im bored and feel crappy so im peaking away at this just to burn off my nerves, nothing more, i really dont care who buys guns. With the exception of loonies, sounds like you want mentally ill and felons to be allowed guns?

Perhaps you dont like my idea of passing a test and mental screening to own guns because you fear or know you would fail it.

Now moving on to personal attacks but you arent getting defensive at all.  Also rather sad attempt at trying to put words in my mouth, guess that is the best you can do when the data doesnt back your argument.

• Like 1