Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

Carbon dioxide levels highest they've been in over 3 million years: NOAA

Manwon Lender

Carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane levels in the atmosphere continued to rise in 2020, with CO2 level reaching their highest point in 3.6 million years, according to calculations by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. According to NOAA, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is now similar to a time when the Earth was about 7 degrees hotter than it was in the pre-industrial time period and sea levels were nearly 80 feet higher than they are today. 

Carbon dioxide levels highest they've been in over 3 million years: NOAA (msn.com)

• Sad 1

Guyver

We are all gonna die, but the trees will live.

• Haha 1

Guyver

Yay trees.

• Like 2

Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Maybe trees and plants will evolve into the next sentient life forms on earth!!:)

godnodog
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Guyver said:

Too much CO2 does not equal more for trees, in fact CO2 in excess can be detrimental to trees too.

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 2

Brandy333

Twenty plus years ago I read that if the C02 levels kept rising that eventually there will be only mild winters and very hot summers.   

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
8 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Twenty plus years ago I read that if the C02 levels kept rising that eventually there will be only mild winters and very hot summers.   

You are certainly right Brandy, and as a result of that the polar ice will continue to melt and the Sea level rise will become terrible for anyone living near the Ocean. This is already occurring and there is no end in site, the only thing that can stop it now, is for Polar icesheets to start freezing again. Also keep this mind the, Oceans circulate because of the mixtue of cold and warm water flows, if this is interupted because of the temperature changes occurring the Ocean currents will begin to come to a halt. While tides in and out will continue because they are effected by the gravitational pull of the moon, the global circulation of the oceans currents will stop. So many marine animals that rely on that circulation to feed will die, it will devastate the ecosphere of our Oceans, and if the oceans die, well man will soon follow.:(

I may have a little of this wrong, because I am not an expert on this subject so if you have any queations I would google them that way you will have a better answer then I am able to give.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1