Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trans women targeted in sports bans, but are they really at an advantage?

Grim Reaper 6

I do want to say, because I know there are people who are just against trans in general that like to see the sports contraversey to just be against trans people, that I do truly empathize with the struggle trans youth have to go through. And then to be told they can't do sports like every other youth can really does have to suck. Like I get it. I just want things to be as fair as can be.

Edited by spartan max2

54 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Well, I wanted to say males have a clear advantage, but I was trying to respect the pronoun.  Biologically born males have a clear advantage the MAJORITY of the time.  The Army PT test study is not a small sample size.  It involves hundreds of thousands of physically fit (for the most part) individuals.  The fact that women fail at a 6 times higher rate than men while having to meet lesser standards is a pretty good indicator biologically born males have an advantage.  Now again, I have no problem with trans females competing in high school sports.  High school sports is supposed to be fun, and helps with growth in to adulthood.  But, after high school there is too much at stake.

There is a lot at stake for high school students as well. Especially the last couple years. My son plays football. It isn’t about fun at all. It’s about serious competition. 

5 hours ago, aztek said:

i never thought i'd be agreeing with PM here.  but he is absolutely correct,  

Really? I agree with most of the things you say here. Thought we were pretty like minded politically. Oh well, whatever. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Myles said:

We are discussing it because some idiots are fine with males playing in female sports.  I have daughters who played sports and it was better for them to compete against biological females.  

Sorry for my previous post, it was a misinterpretation on my part. In reality, I do completely agree with you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

There is a lot at stake for high school students as well. Especially the last couple years. My son plays football. It isn’t about fun at all. It’s about serious competition. 

It's how a lot of kids get college scholarships.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Really? I agree with most of the things you say here. Thought we were pretty like minded politically. Oh well, whatever. 

thank you, same here,   just to be clear, you believe tg  women should be competing against biological females?

1 minute ago, aztek said:

thank you, same here,   just to be clear, you believe tg  women should be competing against biological females?

No

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

No

me neither,  neither does PM , isn't this what this thread is about?

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

me neither,  neither does PM 

Oh wait lol I thought PM was me lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Well, I wanted to say males have a clear advantage, but I was trying to respect the pronoun.  Biologically born males have a clear advantage the MAJORITY of the time.  The Army PT test study is not a small sample size.  It involves hundreds of thousands of physically fit (for the most part) individuals.  The fact that women fail at a 6 times higher rate than men while having to meet lesser standards is a pretty good indicator biologically born males have an advantage.  Now again, I have no problem with trans females competing in high school sports.  High school sports is supposed to be fun, and helps with growth in to adulthood.  But, after high school there is too much at stake.

You are right. Professional paid sports no. Recreational, no problem. I should have stated that from the start. Thank you for correcting my post. Obliged I am. Hank

• Thanks 1

Well, they banned testosterone use in pro sports and now they want to allow it, or not? Which is it? 

They actually put testosterone on the scheduled drug list. Thanks, Joe Biden, you most loved president of all time, and all around statist hack.

So, we make a naturally occurring hormone a scheduled drug (SCIENCE!) and then make use of it to cheat in sports, a right. Justice! 

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I took it as Piers Morgan in the article lol.  Oooppps 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, glorybebe said:

I took it as Piers Morgan in the article lol.  Oooppps 

It was. I’m an idiot lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1