Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More than a third of Americans don't buy a home because of this

Grim Reaper 6

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I suppose you think that settles and invalidates everyone else's experiences????

Wait? You've slept in a cemetery a few times??? OK, bats I think I can believe that.

No, my opinions do not invaldate others experences their lack of any proof does, stories are not proof,  And thats just my opinion should matter to anyone.

Yes, i was going thru a hard time in my life my grand.mother who raised me had just passed i would go hang with her and many times it would get dark it was quiet and peaceful, graveyards are like that and sometimes from total exhaustion mentally and emotionally i would fall asleep in one of the covered visitors areas, i would wake in wee hours never to 999 happy haunts or even the 1 i came there to visit.

As Ripley would say, "believe it or not".

• Like 1

I feel like even without superstition, that there are a good amount of people who probably just wouldn't like living right by a cemetery. Being reminded of dead people often.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I feel like even without superstition, that there are a good amount of people who probably just wouldn't like living right by a cemetery. Being reminded of dead people often.

I once looked into buying an old church with a cemetery to convert into a home. 

• Like 2

Just now, Xeno-Fish said:

I once looked into buying an old church with a cemetery to convert into a home. 

I'd be fine with that too. I just know some people get uncomfortable around cemeteries

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

I'd be fine with that too. I just know some people get uncomfortable around cemeteries

At least you know the neighbors are quiet.

• Haha 2

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Especially if it's a Pet Cemetery.:yes:

• Haha 1

Meh, I grew up in a house four houses away from a rather large cemetery. We used to fly kites in it, sled when it snowed and played with the frogs in a little pond that was off to one side. The statues looked eerie when it got foggy, but didn't stop us from cutting through at night from friend's houses.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Meh, I grew up in a house four houses away from a rather large cemetery. We used to fly kites in it, sled when it snowed and played with the frogs in a little pond that was off to one side. The statues looked eerie when it got foggy, but didn't stop us from cutting through at night from friend's houses.

Just out of irony my mom and gmom bought there plots in the 70s at a cemetery across town and back in a neighborhood and a buddy had a gf lived near it so way back early 80s we would hang out there eat lunch whatever, i had no idea i we be crashing out there much latter on.

Oh, and you the PCH sweepstakes they guy who invented that is buried there  a grounds keeper was all proud to tell me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Oh, and you the PCH sweepstakes they guy who invented that is buried there  a grounds keeper was all proud to tell me.

Pardon me?

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Pardon me?

Did you break wind?

Yeah, the grounds keeper of cemetary i was talking about was all proud that the inventor of the publishers clearing house sweepstakes is bury there.

Edited by the13bats
  • Haha 1

I had no idea what PCH was and the rest of the sentence was kind of incoherent. lol

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

I had no idea what PCH was and the rest of the sentence was kind of incoherent. lol

I see what you mean by this reply from you, ty.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Did you break wind?

Yeah, the grounds keeper of cemetary i was talking about was all proud that the inventor of the publishers clearing house sweepstakes is bury there.

bats, do you remember the TV commercials with Ed McMahon delivering the giant PCH sweepstakes check at the winners' houses? 

This is actually a very important question. I'll explain after you reply!

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

bats, do you remember the TV commercials with Ed McMahon delivering the giant PCH sweepstakes check at the winners' houses? 

It might very well be very important to you but not to me.

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

It might very well be very important to you but not to me.

I only have one question. Do you or anyone out there recall those commercials?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I only have one question. Do you or anyone out there recall those commercials?

Get to the point, if you are trying to set up a "gotcha" im 3 perhaps 5 moves ahead of you already.

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Get to the point, if you are trying to set up a "gotcha" im 3 perhaps 5 moves ahead of you already.

The commercials never existed. I say they did.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

The commercials never existed. I say they did.

Okay. I thought you were going in a way askew direction, ill play as this is fun and just to be really fun i didnt run and Google it what i will post will come from my memory so lets see how i do,

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

No, i do not as EM didnt work for PCH he worked for a rival outfit with a rip name like "Americas clearing house" who did the same type idea of stalking and surprising winners but seems EM stayed in the van or at home, you know just the tv mouth piece.

Seems PCH used their unknown staff and seems it started all cheesy like some girl was in the shower and came to the door half nude dripping and got the surprize of being told she won, but no, EM wasnt ever in my memory in a PCH commercial but was in ads for ACH ( name ? ) but i dont recall him actually interacting with winners.

Since EM was a bigish name then and PCH was a big name in the sweepstakes and the two were competing rivals im not at all surprised some who didnt pay attention at the time recall all kinds of ways and matched up incorrectly the two better known names.

It was a running gag as i recall,

Remember the great Chevy Chase flim "Fletch"?

There is a scene where his ex wifes lawyer is waiting to sting him for $$$ fletch is being a clown, grabs up the mail says looks like our problems might be over, points at a picture and says "ed mcmahon" opens it and expresses he didnt win, however no where in it is any company name or logo, not even APH? That mcmahon did work for,  they could use EM or PCH and used EM.

I get why you find it odd but in my mind its just a tangled up memory thing, try not to let this one eat you like richard simmons bandana did .

Now im off to google PCH and EM and see how on or off i am.

Edit to add:

Ill boast a bit i didnt do too badly Eds company was called America family sweepstakes, the ads were running basically before or after each others so PCH just enjoyed a bit of free boast from EMs name.

I also saw a couple clickbait type posts where funsters did a bit of photoshop to create things that never existed, hopefully you wont fall for it papa but i have a feeling you will,

I also compared and the EM letter matches the one in fletch, the PCH letter has their logo and no EM cartoon.

And papa you can get a big check as a halloween costume and it does wrongly have both EM and PCH on it.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

Okay. I thought you were going in a way askew direction, ill play as this is fun and just to be really fun i didnt run and Google it what i will post will come from my memory so lets see how i do,

No, i do not as EM didnt work for PCH he worked for a rival outfit with a rip name like "Americas clearing house" who did the same type idea of stalking and surprising winners but seems EM stayed in the van or at home, you know just the tv mouth piece.

Seems PCH used their unknown staff and seems it started all cheesy like some girl was in the shower and came to the door half nude dripping and got the surprize of being told she won, but no, EM wasnt ever in my memory in a PCH commercial but was in ads for ACH ( name ? ) but i dont recall him actually interacting with winners.

Since EM was a bigish name then and PCH was a big name in the sweepstakes and the two were competing rivals im not at all surprised some who didnt pay attention at the time recall all kinds of ways and matched up incorrectly the two better known names.

It was a running gag as i recall,

Remember the great Chevy Chase flim "Fletch"?

There is a scene where his ex wifes lawyer is waiting to sting him for $$$ fletch is being a clown, grabs up the mail says looks like our problems might be over, points at a picture and says "ed mcmahon" opens it and expresses he didnt win, however no where in it is any company name or logo, not even APH? That mcmahon did work for,  they could use EM or PCH and used EM.

I get why you find it odd but in my mind its just a tangled up memory thing, try not to let this one eat you like richard simmons bandana did .

Now im off to google PCH and EM and see how on or off i am.

Edit to add:

Ill boast a bit i didnt do too badly Eds company was called America family sweepstakes, the ads were running basically before or after each others so PCH just enjoyed a bit of free boast from EMs name.

I also saw a couple clickbait type posts where funsters did a bit of photoshop to create things that never existed, hopefully you wont fall for it papa but i have a feeling you will,

I also compared and the EM letter matches the one in fletch, the PCH letter has their logo and no EM cartoon.

And papa you can get a big check as a halloween costume and it does wrongly have both EM and PCH on it.

So Ed McMahon never delivered big checks for Publishers Clearing House? Residue abounds. Go to the 1:00 minute mark of this.

Mandela Effect Proof Ed McMahon/PCH Carson on Letterman '91 w/Publishers Clearinghouse - Bing video

In my reality Ed McMahon went to people's Houses with balloons and fanfare to deliver a huge winning check from Publishers Clearing House. After that when he got into financial problems he formed a copycat-type sleazy relationship with a competitor American Family Publishing. American Family Publishing did not have him go to doors with giant checks.

Ed McMahon going to doors with giant checks surprising winners is 100% in my memory (not 99%).

Edited by papageorge1

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So Ed McMahon never delivered big checks for Publishers Clearing House? Residue abounds. Go to the 1:00 minute mark of this.

Mandela Effect Proof Ed McMahon/PCH Carson on Letterman '91 w/Publishers Clearinghouse - Bing video

In my reality Ed McMahon went to people's Houses with balloons and fanfare to deliver a huge winning check from Publishers Clearing House. After that when he got into financial problems he formed a copycat-type sleazy relationship with a competitor American Family Publishing. American Family Publishing did not have him go to doors with giant checks.

Ed McMahon going to doors with giant checks is 100% in my memory (not 99%).

Papa, im not poking but i figured going into this you would be adamant your mixed up memory is correct and some proof of tangent universes, its not. 

Read this article,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larissafaw/2012/11/21/the-curious-case-of-ed-mcmahon-and-the-publishers-clearing-house/?sh=1cbd05bb1b70

Letterman and Carlson werent the only ones to mix it up, did you notice the oversized novelty check carlson shows letterman doesnt have the PHC logo or EMs name.

Read this,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Family_Publishers

Pat attention to the "competitors" tab

Publishers Clearing House (PCH) was a competitor to American Family Publishing that ran similar sweepstakes. The two companies were often mistaken for each other, with Star Search host Ed McMahon and The $25,000 Pyramid Dick Clark, the spokespeople for AFP, mistaken for representatives of the better-known PCH.[1] PCH remains in business and promotes its products by means of sweepstakes.

Its really a mess how many people just assumed the star EM worked for PCH,

Heres one you will like,

big+ed.jpg

Look close  big check,  EM, even balloons but not PCH, looks like a state lotto.

https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/ed-mcmahon-association-with-publishers-clearing-house-896841

Ed McMahon ran with it PCH didnt care and in this case as far as the reality i am living in typing to you in EM never worked for PCH,

Not to say the guy who did didnt look a wee bit like EM,

OIP.U7Z8DuDtjmYAZhkuJZKJRgHaG6?w=190&h=1

This is a great one to scramble brains more interested in free $$$ than who hands it over.

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Papa, im not poking but i figured going into this you would be adamant your mixed up memory is correct and some proof of tangent universes, its not. 

Read this article,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larissafaw/2012/11/21/the-curious-case-of-ed-mcmahon-and-the-publishers-clearing-house/?sh=1cbd05bb1b70

Letterman and Carlson werent the only ones to mix it up, did you notice the oversized novelty check carlson shows letterman doesnt have the PHC logo or EMs name.

Read this,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Family_Publishers

Pat attention to the "competitors" tab

Its really a mess how many people just assumed the star EM worked for PCH,

Heres one you will like,

big+ed.jpg

Look close  big check,  EM, even balloons but not PCH, looks like a state lotto.

https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/ed-mcmahon-association-with-publishers-clearing-house-896841

Ed McMahon ran with it PCH didnt care and in this case as far as the reality i am living in typing to you in EM never worked for PCH,

Not to say the guy who did didnt look a wee bit like EM,

OIP.U7Z8DuDtjmYAZhkuJZKJRgHaG6?w=190&h=1

This is a great one to scramble brains more interested in free $$$ than who hands it over.

Let me start by asking a question. Do you remember Ed McMahon surprising random instant millionaire winners with fanfare and a giant check at their front door on popular TV commercials?

As I said I have a 100% (not 99%) memory of this. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Let me start by asking a question. Do you remember Ed McMahon surprising random instant millionaire winners with fanfare and a giant check at their front door on popular TV commercials?

As I said I have a 100% (not 99%) memory of this. 

Papa, didnt i make that clear?  i started my reply to you in this subject with,

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

So your 100% is a simple mistake you know the brain isnt perfect, it doesnt mean EM worked for PCH in a tangent universe, even with AFP he did work for he didnt go to doors with checks.

I have a very detailed brain and im a car person a gearhead and EM did an ad where hes being driven in a new at the time c4 corvette being a corvette person that stood out.

I recall the PCH ads of a bunch of dorks with balloons and checks running around in the prize van i do not recall EM ever with them,

Dont fret, others will remember it your mistaken way too, you like evidence and all the evidence says your memory is wrong, you may or may not be able to step past ego to accept this.

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Papa, didnt i make that clear?  i started my reply to you in this subject with,

So your 100% is a simple mistake you know the brain isnt perfect, it doesnt mean EM worked for PCH in a tangent universe, even with AFP he did work for he didnt go to doors with checks.

I have a very detailed brain and im a car person a gearhead and EM did an ad where hes being driven in a new at the time c4 corvette being a corvette person that stood out.

I recall the PCH ads of a bunch of dorks with balloons and checks running around in the prize van i do not recall EM ever with them,

Dont fret, others will remember it your mistaken way too, you like evidence and all the evidence says your memory is wrong, you may or may not be able to step past ego to accept this.

I have come to believe what we call reality is not solid but plastic (bendable) and different for different observers.

I am not even putting an explanation on how all this works at this time. 

As you told me not to fret you needn’t fret either as you can continue fine in this world believing in a single permanently fixed version of reality.

If Mickey Mouse becomes Mikey Mouse tomorrow we both will have our tools to deal with it.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I have come to believe what we call reality is not solid but plastic (bendable) and different for different observers.

I am not even putting an explanation on how all this works at this time. 

As you told me not to fret you needn’t fret either as you can continue fine in this world believing in a single permanently fixed version of reality.

If Mickey Mouse becomes Mikey Mouse tomorrow we both will have our tools to deal with it.

Im not fretting or reaching for otherworldly explainations with only your flawed memory as evidence to support it. You have zero other evidence besides how you believe you remember it but the evidence against you being correct is beyond measuring in this case just so much of it.

If you have more evidence you are correct post it.

I have studied brain functions issues etc and in the case of false memories even ones given the colorful name "mandella effect" its still just mundain ways the brain works, of course i expect you to cling to beliving its so much more epic than brain function.

If it makes you feel better i have one that my memory doesnt match reality, but i can admit im wrong.

You do need to get past your ego issues that you might just be wrong about something.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Im not fretting or reaching for otherworldly explainations with only your flawed memory as evidence to support it. You have zero other evidence besides how you believe you remember it but the evidence against you being correct is beyond measuring in this case just so much of it.

If you have more evidence you are correct post it.

I have studied brain functions issues etc and in the case of false memories even ones given the colorful name "mandella effect" its still just mundain ways the brain works, of course i expect you to cling to beliving its so much more epic than brain function.

If it makes you feel better i have one that my memory doesnt match reality, but i can admit im wrong.

You do need to get past your ego issues that you might just be wrong about something.

I’m not fretting  but just following the reason and evidence. There’s more examples for each Mandela Effect I accept but presenting them will end us in the same place my other example left us. 

I’m saying our reality is like a plastic object as it has a clear defined shape we all agree upon but it can be bent just slightly too without breaking.

How it all works in detail is beyond me.

I believe normal memory errors occur all the time. I am saying the Mandela Effects are indeed something different and more profound. 

• Confused 1