Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
WVK

Wealthy and Woke

Recommended Posts

WVK

Wokeness is not really about fairness for minorities, the oppressed, and the poor, past or present. It is mostly a self-confessional cult of anointed bullies — and hypocrites of all races and genders — who seek to flex, and increase, their own privilege and power.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/04/wealthy-and-woke/

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
HSlim
15 minutes ago, WVK said:

Wokeness is not really about fairness for minorities, the oppressed, and the poor, past or present. It is mostly a self-confessional cult of anointed bullies — and hypocrites of all races and genders — who seek to flex, and increase, their own privilege and power.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/04/wealthy-and-woke/

 

I'm just waiting for you to tell us about your personal experiences as an underprivileged minority living in an impoverished neighborhood.  Are you going to quote Der Sturmer next? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
13 minutes ago, HSlim said:

I'm just waiting for you to tell us about your personal experiences as an underprivileged minority living in an impoverished neighborhood.  Are you going to quote Der Sturmer next? 

Which has what to do about the article?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HSlim
14 minutes ago, WVK said:

Which has what to do about the article?

You're using a story from an opinion publication started by a guy who was angry that black people could use the same water fountains that he could use as a source to back up your opinion that minorities aren't actually dealing with any sort of oppression but are rather just trying to expand their "privileges."  So by all means, why don't you tell us what that privilege is, since you're in the gaslighting mood?   And then, tell us about your personal experiences with said privilege that makes you think you have the right to tell minorities about their personal experiences. 

 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
22 minutes ago, HSlim said:

You're using a story from an opinion publication started by a guy who was angry that black people could use the same water fountains that he could use as a source to back up your opinion that minorities aren't actually dealing with any sort of oppression but are rather just trying to expand their "privileges."  So by all means, why don't you tell us what that privilege is, since you're in the gaslighting mood?   And then, tell us about your personal experiences with said privilege that makes you think you have the right to tell minorities about their personal experiences. 

 

I haven’t expressed any  opinion.  Would like to hear yours on the content of the article.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HSlim
6 minutes ago, WVK said:

I haven’t expressed any  opinion.  Would like to hear yours on the content of the article.

My opinion?  The article is a crock written by a bitter white guy who's upset that minorities are making progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
33 minutes ago, WVK said:

I haven’t expressed any  opinion.  Would like to hear yours on the content of the article.

He didn't read it.    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
35 minutes ago, HSlim said:

My opinion?  The article is a crock written by a bitter white guy who's upset that minorities are making progress. 

I am getting the opinion that maybe you have been a victim of white racism?  yes?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HSlim
1 minute ago, WVK said:

I am getting the opinion that maybe you have been a victim of white racism?  yes?

At this point, I don't really care much about your opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
4 hours ago, HSlim said:

You're using a story from an opinion publication started by a guy who was angry that black people could use the same water fountains that he could use as a source to back up your opinion that minorities aren't actually dealing with any sort of oppression but are rather just trying to expand their "privileges."  So by all means, why don't you tell us what that privilege is, since you're in the gaslighting mood?   And then, tell us about your personal experiences with said privilege that makes you think you have the right to tell minorities about their personal experiences. 

 

The article is about the cynical way that big corporate types are woke when it's convenient to be but hold their wokeness to different standards if there is money to be made.  Like the NBA being huge supporters of BLM but ignore the genocide being committed by their biggest foreign market, China.  In other words woke as long as it doesn't affect their bottom line.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hugh Mungus
6 hours ago, WVK said:

Wokeness is not really about fairness ........ It is mostly a self-confessional cult of anointed bullies  and hypocrites who seek to flex and increase, their own privilege and power.

 

 

5 hours ago, HSlim said:

You're using a story from an opinion publication started by a guy who was angry that black people could use the same water fountains that he could use as a source to back up your opinion that minorities aren't actually dealing with any sort of oppression but are rather just trying to expand their "privileges."  So by all means, why don't you tell us what that privilege is, since you're in the gaslighting mood?   And then, tell us about your personal experiences with said privilege that makes you think you have the right to tell minorities about their personal experiences. 

 

Point proven right there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.